Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's so cool. My wife and I, both in our late 30's, are two geeks who go on Star Trek, X-Files, Kolchak the Night Stalker, Columbo, Star Trek TNG, and all sorts of other marathons on DVD....

I have been slowly but surely making my way through all 1225 episodes of Dark Shadows.

Upvote 0

Lost Squirrel

Seeking the 3rd satalite lock on God's GPS.
Jan 18, 2011
✟15,427.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Socks at night, yes! Even the warmest weather I must sleep with a comforter - I love the weight of it covering me.

Hubby's favorite pastime is watching Battlestar Galactica and now the Fringe and Big Bang Theory and calling that quality time. Apparently, I AM Leonard in my particulatirities.

I have a passion for Indian cuisine, but hate to cook.

When I was a youngster, I wanted to be an altar server, but girls were still not allowed at our parish (RCC). In response, I had the entire mass memorized and could recall elevating a sand dollar and (this had to have been a sin) reciting the words of institution. There is more irreverence to the story - i wore an ornate gold and crimson tree skirt. Hey, I was only a kid, but perhaps that explains a lot today!

My mom for forced me to stop watching CNN and tune in to MTV so I could actually converse with kids at school.

Strange kid grew up to be a strange adult. Ugh.

Upvote 0

bulldog129

Jul 26, 2011
✟8,066.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
My great-great... uncle was John Smith of Jamestown.

There is a town named after one of my great-great grandfathers.
Unfortunately, the town has since died.

During the Civil War, my family fought on both sides. The story goes that at one battle, two brothers met on opposite sides of the battlefield. They took one look at each other and walked away.

Upvote 0

hopeinGod

A voice crying in the wilderness
Jul 26, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟2,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was raised within an intense blue collar lifestyle north of Pittsburgh, PA, where steel work was the reigning career. Clothing fashion has never interested me, as I remain casual to the core. Although I am not into wearing suits, I am not as bad as my father who attended all functions in jeans, even funerals.

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
That's so cool. My wife and I, both in our late 30's, are two geeks who go on Star Trek, X-Files, Kolchak the Night Stalker, Columbo, Star Trek TNG, and all sorts of other marathons on DVD....

Netflix has made it easier! Yup, though now we have to wait until the kiddos have gone to bed. All day marathons are now a thing of the past...

Just started watching Kolchak - still can't get over him being the dad in A Christmas Story.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
the new, modern, not-so-hot Sci Fi Channel Battlestar, or the cool 70's original?

Socks at night, yes! Even the warmest weather I must sleep with a comforter - I love the weight of it covering me.

Hubby's favorite pastime is watching Battlestar Galactica and now the Fringe and Big Bang Theory and calling that quality time. Apparently, I AM Leonard in my particulatirities.

I have a passion for Indian cuisine, but hate to cook.

When I was a youngster, I wanted to be an altar server, but girls were still not allowed at our parish (RCC). In response, I had the entire mass memorized and could recall elevating a sand dollar and (this had to have been a sin) reciting the words of institution. There is more irreverence to the story - i wore an ornate gold and crimson tree skirt. Hey, I was only a kid, but perhaps that explains a lot today!

My mom for forced me to stop watching CNN and tune in to MTV so I could actually converse with kids at school.

Strange kid grew up to be a strange adult. Ugh.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Kolchak is the greatest. I miss the way the 1970's did such a great job making fun characters. Kolchak wore those same crazy white pants, the cheesy straw hat, white tennis shoes, and blue blazer every episode. Columbo (another of my all-time favs) wore the same crumpled raincoat and desheveled hair! They had a trademark, a fun gimmick, a predictable personality. Fun. Nowdays everyone is sexy, suave, dangerous, and dark.

Netflix has made it easier! Yup, though now we have to wait until the kiddos have gone to bed. All day marathons are now a thing of the past...

Just started watching Kolchak - still can't get over him being the dad in A Christmas Story.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
the new, modern, not-so-hot Sci Fi Channel Battlestar, or the cool 70's original?

I take it you don't like the new version? I actually enjoy both (and have both DVD box sets), if you look at them as separate entities and not one as a re-boot of the other.

That being said, thinking of a show my son likes -- Original Voltron hands down. That new Voltron Force thing is just bad.

Upvote 0

Lost Squirrel

Jan 18, 2011
✟15,427.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Howdy. Interesing....

I just turned 30, and still don't have a cell phone.

and I don't eat sweets.

BRAVO on both accounts!!!!!

Although I do take a ribbing from our seniors in the congregation who text and have smart phones (these are some real smart cookies). I still have a flip phone and cannot/do not want to text.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

alexnbethmom

Lutheran Chick
Aug 4, 2010
New Jersey
✟16,980.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
i was just talking about this last night with darev and the kids, i don't even know what made me think of it....

anybody under the age of, say, 40, probably won't even know what i'm talking about - but it used to be that tv stations had a set "broadcast day", and around 2 or 3 in the morning, they would say something like "KTTV has completed it's broadcast day.....(and then a bunch of stuff about how they broadcast).....KTTV will resume broadcasting at 6AM...." etc and so forth.....then they would play the national anthem amid scenes of the flag waving, and then it would abruptly go to "snow", meaning "static" (think carol anne in poltergeist)....

i would absolutely FREAK OUT when i would hear them say that they were ending their broadcast day, or hear the national anthem, because i knew the snow was coming, and that absolutely SCARED ME TO DEATH!!! i totally thought the house or the world was going to blow up or something....

thankfully tv stations don't do that anymore - or i would probably still freak out about it, lol....

Upvote 0

alexnbethmom

Lutheran Chick
Aug 4, 2010
New Jersey
✟16,980.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
didn't some channels have an image of an indian?

i believe so - and some stations used a "color bar" with a high pitched noise/hum - i hated that one too - didn't matter if it was the color bar or the snow, it freaked me out, lol....

Upvote 0

Lost Squirrel

Jan 18, 2011
✟15,427.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
i believe so - and some stations used a "color bar" with a high pitched noise/hum - i hated that one too - didn't matter if it was the color bar or the snow, it freaked me out, lol....
We had the test pattern and hum. I HATED that!!!

Upvote 0