hannabanana

Aug 19, 2009
Here, there, and everywhere.
✟1,148.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have been homeschooled in a co-op last year and this year will be doing the same part time with a few online courses. When growing up in the community I grew up in the women and leaders would be our teachers and I don't remember every glaring at any of them.

Upvote 0

hannabanana

Aug 19, 2009
✟1,148.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I was born into a community called The Twelve Tribes and the children were taught by some of the women and some of the leaders of this group. It was quite strict on the amount of work both schooling and labor that I had to do. I left the group at the age of 18 last year in June, but my parents are still members of the community and my dad is pretty high up. I have come to know through research now that what I lived in my entire life was a cult and now have been looking and searching for some truth.

Upvote 0

hannabanana

Aug 19, 2009
✟1,148.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I hope you find or have found that.

Technically I don't count as christian anymore; I still believe in God and worship and all that good stuff but I've adopted beliefs of other religions... Cults are interesting though. Not Charles Manson's but yea lol
Like I told some other people from an outsiders visting our communities you would think The Twelve Tribes community were a bunch of always happy, friendly, helping group of people and yes in some ways they are, but from the inside and growing up there you see a lot more such as the power that the leaders have over others, the women and girls not being able to sit other than on the dirt ground during that time of the month. The slave type labor. The punishments if you dare to ever doubt any interpretation from one of the leaders(confinements, forced fastings). Those things you do not see. Belive me, cults are not good.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hannabanana

Aug 19, 2009
✟1,148.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
For one thing, I was a minor. Also when you are taught one thing all your life and really have no other belief system it is really hard to turn away from people that you have trusted and also your own parents. And what if I would have run? To where would I have run. The place where I grew up was pretty darn secluded. That would have just led to worse conditions. Also all of my friends that I grew up with are there. I really have no one else on the outside. Yes I live with my Grams & Gramps and have one Aunt & Uncle and two cousins, but I really don't have any friends.
So I waited till I was 18 and by law they could not force me to stay anylonger.

Upvote 0

hannabanana

Aug 19, 2009
✟1,148.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You don't understand. When that is all you know you second guess what is right and what is wrong all the time. I still everyday second guess leaving, especially knowing that my parents are still there and I there only daughter have let them down.

Upvote 0