✟82,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Both Mass Readings today are so important, as we continue to hear Jesus’ warnings in Chapter 11 of Matthew’s Gospel for this Tuesday in Ordinary Time and also in the Optional Memorial for St. Henry:

From Mass for this Tuesday in Ordinary time:

Alleluia verse - "If today you hear His voice, harden not your hearts. (Ps 95:8)

Gospel - (Mt 11:20-24)

Jesus began to reproach the towns where most of His mighty deeds had been done, since they had not repented. “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty deeds done in your midst had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would long ago have repented in sackcloth and ashes. But I tell you, it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon on the day of judgment than for you. And as for you, Capernaum: Will you be exalted to heaven? You will go down to the netherworld. For if the mighty deeds done in your midst had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I tell you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom on the day of judgment than for you.”

From Optional Memorial for St. Henry:

Alleluia verse: “Whoever loves Me will keep My word and My Father will love him and We will come to him.” (Jn 14:23)

Gospel (Mt 7:21-27)

Jesus said to His disciples: "Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the Kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name? Did we not drive out demons in Your name? Did we not do mighty deeds in Your name? 'Then I will declare to them solemnly, 'I never knew you. Depart from me, you evildoers.'

“Everyone who listens to these words of Mine and acts on them will be like a wise man who built his house on rock. The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and buffeted the house. But it did not collapse; it had been set solidly on rock. And everyone who listens to these words of mine but does not act on them will be like a fool who built his house on sand. The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and buffeted the house. And it collapsed and was completely ruined.”

This is a long post but the Readings were so appropriate for these difficult times we are living in, it was too important to shorten. Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Your Faithul. Jesus we trust in You. Mary, Mother of the Church pray for us. By God’s Grace, let us listen and do the Truth we hear from the Lord, as our Mother Mary listened and pondered ALL in her heart, on this earth!