LDS Joseph Smith's Claim of an Apostasy is a Lie

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
What!!!!?? That is about the most ridiculous statement I have ever herd!! Totally perverted! But there is one thing that Mormons often do----surprise me with the absurdity of their statements!
It was meant to be absurd. The idea that we are puppets of God and He holds the strings and we only do as He bids us is the absurd doctrine.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Can I say one thing? It is awesome how GOD turns what we think about ourselves upside down and uses those things that in our own eyes seem to be not so useable

True. If you follow where He leads. I just have never felt lead to be the leader type. I have felt the call for more of a one to one witnessing type of thing whenever the opportunity presented itself. I have often used my upbringing in relating to others that I can quickly pick up that have been hurt. Such as a little statement made by a fellow coworker that led me to determine she had been sexually abused and I brought up my history to her and she started to cry and just unleased everything she had never told to anyone. That sort of thing has happened often. Just have never felt compelled to stand up and sing or preach.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was meant to be absurd. The idea that we are puppets of God and He holds the strings and we only do as He bids us is the absurd doctrine.
Can you do something better than what The Lord has apportioned to each as HE chooses?

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True. If you follow where He leads. I just have never felt lead to be the leader type. I have felt the call for more of a one to one witnessing type of thing whenever the opportunity presented itself. I have often used my upbringing in relating to others that I can quickly pick up that have been hurt. Such as a little statement made by a fellow coworker that led me to determine she had been sexually abused and I brought up my history to her and she started to cry and just unleased everything she had never told to anyone. That sort of thing has happened often. Just have never felt compelled to stand up and sing or preach.
Than that is what you have been called to.

All things according to HIS PURPOSE. For the building up of HIS BODY

...not our own

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

And who expressed such an idea?? The only one I know is JS and BY--who insist that God made us to sin in order for us to have children! That we existed before we were born and that insist we must live in polygamy in order to be "exalted" and near to God, and must do the prayers for the dead thing, and....and......and.....

If God wanted puppets He would have destroyed Lucifer and his followers and left everyone to obey Him out of fear.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She is my forum friend and I was talking with her about her personally.
Take it off the public forum. Don't you know the rule if you feel the need to "correct" your brother/sister do it in private FIRST?

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
It is to each their own. Some day perhaps the Lord will touch you with the desire to preach or teach in some capacity. You may be surprised, so be ready for it, and of course your salvation is certainly not dependant upon it.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Take it off the public forum. Don't you know the rule if you feel the need to "correct" your brother/sister do it in private FIRST?
First of all I was not correcting her.

Second of all this was a discussion between me and her, not between me and her and you.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Why do you care?

Was he called to serve you?

Is he in service to you?

Are you impressed by outward displays before the eyes of men?

Is this the thing that somehow validates whether HIS SERVANT is acceptable in HIS SIGHT?

Who is any man to judge or direct HIS SERVANTS?

Can't HE do that by HIS SPIRIT?
Just what are you talking about?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First of all I was not correcting her.

Second of all this was a discussion between me and her, not between me and her and you.
Well actually, your friend posted off a post that you directed towards me...and therefore it did become a discussion between you, me and her...

I didn't know that after you were telling me that GOD is behind every thing that we do, that you felt a need to "help" your "friend" do the "thing that you wanted her to do"...

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just what are you talking about?
I thought your "friend" was a man...I thought that you were correcting a him that he should be singing...I thought you were directing him on what service he should be doing for the LORD...which is why I said, why do you care? Is "he" (not knowing that this was a "she") in service to you...
She isn't...she is in service to the LORD and will be used by HIM as HE chooses.
What do you mean that The Lord has apportioned to each as He chooses?
Just what I said...when HE ascended and led "captivity captive in HIS train"...HE, according to HIS PURPOSE for the building up of HIS BODY, gave gifts to men....

Maybe you should also review Ephesians 4...and maybe the whole letter to the Ephesians as it speaks CLEARLY of THE BODY...

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I thought your "friend" was a man...I thought that you were correcting a him that he should be singing...I thought you were directing him on what service he should be doing for the LORD...which is why I said, why do you care? Is "he" (not knowing that this was a "she") in service to you...
She isn't...she is in service to the LORD and will be used by HIM as HE chooses.

Just what I said...when HE ascended and led "captivity captive in HIS train"...HE, according to HIS PURPOSE for the building up of HIS BODY, gave gifts to men....

Maybe you should also review Ephesians 4...and maybe the whole letter to the Ephesians as it speaks CLEARLY of THE BODY...
Thanks, I will.

Upvote 0