✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Recently while doing a bit of research I stumbled across this:

Dr. John MacArthur is a spiritually perverse and very dangerous man, who ought not be allowed behind any pulpit in America. I am shocked how many naive and careless pastors welcome MacArthur, who clearly teaches the demonic doctrine of Lordship Salvation. The following video is 100% conclusive proof that John MacArthur, Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort are all false teachers. They are all so subtle, corrupting the simplicity of the Gospel of Jesus Christ...
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False Doctrines/Lordship Salvation/macarthurs_deadly_gospel.htm

To be honest, I don't think I've ever heard of this website before, and what is being said is quite disturbing. I've learned a great deal from John MacArthur and count him as my favorite bible teacher. (humanly speaking of course. ;) ) So is there any credibility here? Is this a widely held belief among people? I've yet to find much I disagree with John on, but what say you?

Here : http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/john_macarthur_exposed.htm they call him a heretic, on the blood of Christ.

Here: http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False Doctrines/Lordship Salvation/macarthur-works.htm they claim he teaches works salvation. (Which I've heard John vehemently rail against in the past as being heretical.)

So, are the folks at this website simply misunderstanding, or are they correct? Do they have it out for Mr. MacArthur, or is he really everything they claim?

*addendum*

I'm also interested in discussing that which they claim Mr. MacArthur is guilty of. Such as Lordship Salvation, etc. Anything brought up in the articles is fair game.

Last edited:

Legionwrex

Jul 9, 2013
USA
✟15,333.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The massive website is single handedly run by a Mr. David J. Stewart, a rather anonymous man who has, to put it lightly, much controversy centered around him. I would recommend googling him yourself. I used to be a frequent visitor to the site. While it has some good articles, a lot of them are extremely harsh and basically call anyone who disagrees with Mr. Steward an unsaved heretic.

Regarding John MacArthur, suffice to say that I myself am not a fan of much of his teachings and doctrine. However calling him an unsaved, demonic false teacher is ridiculous.

Also, you really shouldn't put much stock into random websites ;)

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Also, you really shouldn't put much stock into random websites ;)

Lol, I know. I've seen a few others but they generally do just one article, and thats it. In this case, they seemed to hammer away on MacArthur.

Upvote 0
M

meinahanna

"cursed is anyone who trust in man". You obviously didn't even give a biblical quote with a biblical verse that John said. the bereans were wise for they tested paul's words with scripture. You are obviously just slandering for no "Biblical reason", but drawing people to "PEOPLE" you think are right. "Cursed is anyone who trust in man". You should stop judging (i dont care the term, which you think you are not judging) and open your bible and start reading. UNLESS you have a BIBLICAL argument, then you might as well join those who don't care and just advertise their own opinions. for fools delight in speaking their own opinion as the Solomon says.

I don't even care whether u say he is demonic or not, right or wrong. But you came here EMPTY of ANY scripture and drawing people to OTHERS. STOP FOLLOWING OTHERS AND UR PERSONAL BELIEFS. Read and don't supress the truth

Upvote 0

Andres88

Contributor
Feb 7, 2008
Santo Domingo
✟25,823.00
Country
Dominican Republic
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I never really paid a lot of attention to that website when I was a Baptist; even less now. They were more into criticizing to gain notice than doing serious study on anything. Remember that one can come up with a hypothesis on basically anything and, trying to prove it, twist as much as one can find in the middle, just to make the conclusions fit the hypothesis that was held in the beginning.

So chillax. :)

Upvote 0

Bella Vita

Sailor in the U.S.N
May 18, 2011
✟10,239.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
John McArthur is very doctrinally sound his commentaries are used by Biblical scholars and preachers all over the world. The guys is very solid I would not call him a false teacher at all. Usually not always but usually when people are doing it right they are going to have haters the closer you come to the gospel the more people don't like it and will do whatever they can to make you look bad. The gospel itself is convicting and it is offensive and people don't like what it has to say so they will say or do anything to point the finger away from their own issues.

Reactions: desmalia
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Lol, I know. I've seen a few others but they generally do just one article, and thats it. In this case, they seemed to hammer away on MacArthur.

Hey bro I made a comment on him and you went ballistic.

So I went back and listened to one of his sermons.

It was the Charismatic bash.
Here are some observations¦

His first statement was the gifts were for the Apostles,and have since gone away.

I do not think parts of Gods word are of no use today but other parts are relevant as the Lords supper,how do we pick and choose?

This statement bothered me ¦ there are only 2 books that mention tongues and the gifts they are a small part of the gospel.

What happened at Pentecost was a small event?

Then he goes on to Straw man by saying the Church of Corinth was evil and full of sexual deviations.
This is also where Paul corrected the Lords supper.

So in a attempt to make Corinth not a legitimate Church he can toss it out.

I know he was criticized by the statement its not the blood that makes atonement but the death.
The Word says without the shedding of blood there can be no remission of sin.

He made some adjustments and re printed a study Bible,but only moved this statement around,there are still places in there with the same teaching.

He has a very smooth delivery and seems to make sense,but you have to listen carefully.

He uses circular logic very well.

God bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God judges people who make innuendos like the OP. Sorry, you're on thin ice when you derail God's people like this.

Seriously, what are you talking about? What innuendo was there? I posted an honest question I had, with the reasons behind it. (The links to the different web pages.) I'm really not understanding your attacks on me....

Upvote 0

Keachian

On Sabbatical
Feb 3, 2010
Horse-lie-down
Visit site
✟23,842.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So, are the folks at this website simply misunderstanding, or are they correct?
In that MacArthur teaches that true salvation will always result in a changed heart they are correct, however the claim that this is unsubstantiated from Scripture and ergo a false and heretical doctrine is false.

Do they have it out for Mr. MacArthur, or is he really everything they claim?
They seem from what I have seen from the site have it out for anyone who doesn't agree with their popular strain of Dispensationalism

I'm also interested in discussing that which they claim Mr. MacArthur is guilty of. Such as Lordship Salvation, etc. Anything brought up in the articles is fair game.
From my understanding of the controversy (played out predominantly in the late 80s early 90s within Dispensationalism) the root of the problem is largely taking Sola Fide as a statement divorced from Scripture as Tradition to the detriment of the doctrine of saving faith.

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've never heard anything remotely close to lordship salvation come from MacArthur. I think he has some Calvinistic leanings, but I've never seen anything overt like you do with people like Voddie Baucham and Albert Martin. I own a few of his books and enjoyed them, although he's a bit more liberal about some areas than I am, such as Christians participating in Halloween and divorced and remarried men being pastors.

Upvote 0

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Ironically, John is a Dispensationslist
Well, yes, though he refers to himself as a "leaky dispensationalist". Definitely not as hard core as many these days. Personally, I no longer agree with dispy teaching, but still have tremendous respect for the man and deeply appreciate how the Lord has worked and is working through him.

To the OP, probably the best way to solve this for yourself is to read MacArthur's "The Gospel According to Jesus", in which he directly addresses the lordship salvation issue. It's a tremendous book that had a real impact on my life. It is not a works based salvation at all, but evidence of being born again. Most of the criticism I've seen against MacArthur has been from people who believe grace is essentially a license to sin. His book shows clearly that this is absolutely not the case.

Upvote 0