Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
He said he is becoming more militant about coal plants because he does not “understand how adults who are in positions of responsibility can be avoiding responsibility for taking away those things that are killing people on a daily basis.” John Kerry is a huge waster of energy, flying around the world but many times not using commercial aircraft. One of our elite rulers. Not just the United States, but particularly the United Arab Emirates, have made great strides in greatly reducing pollution caused by fossil fuels and continue to innovate. At this point is is quite possible that EV's replacing combustion powered vehicles will have a greater negative effect on the earth.

Last edited:

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
He's correct, we shouldn't be building or using coal power. Coal is deleterious to human health at all stages of extraction and use an we have much better alternatives, gas fired or nuclear plants, available.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He's correct, we shouldn't be building or using coal power. Coal is deleterious to human health at all stages of extraction and use an we have much better alternatives, gas fired or nuclear plants, available.
"Who you calling 'we,' white man?" (in reference to an old joke). But really...not everyone is in the West.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There's lot's of things that are "correct" on paper that are a pipe dream in real-world application.

John Kerry would be correct in that in a perfect world scenario "no coal plants should be permitted"

I'd also be correct if I said "Nobody should be smoking cigs or eating fast food"... if I thought that I could actually make some sort of feasible policy to correct that problem in a short amount of time, I'd be fooling myself.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
He said he is becoming more militant about coal plants because he does not “understand how adults who are in positions of responsibility can be avoiding responsibility for taking away those things that are killing people on a daily basis.” John Kerry is a huge waster of energy, flying around the world but not using commercial aircraft.
We're all keen to see the evidence for this. There isn't any, but you can still look. Apart from some military flights that he's used (to get to China during covid for example), he flies commercial. Presumably up the pointy end, but hey, I don't begrudge him that.

But wait, you cry. He owns a private jet! Well, no. His wife was a shareholder in a charter company that owned one, but that was sold a couple of years ago. Did he fly in it? Well, you are free to look and let us know. But I'm not holding my breath.

• Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We're all keen to see the evidence for this. There isn't any, but you can still look. Apart from some military flights that he's used (to get to China during covid for example), he flies commercial. Presumably up the pointy end, but hey, I don't begrudge him that.

But wait, you cry. He owns a private jet! Well, no. His wife was a shareholder in a charter company that owned one, but that was sold a couple of years ago. Did he fly in it? Well, you are free to look and let us know. But I'm not holding my breath.
I read the charter company story some time ago. After receiving strong criticism for wasting fossil fuels Kerry/wife sold that private jet. I must say from this brother and campaign manager being arrested in a nighttime break-in to Kerry covering up his personal relationships in the BCCI and POW/MIA investigations to this climate change hypocrisy Kerry has been consistent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I read the charter company story some time ago. After receiving strong criticism for wasting fossil fuels Kerry, .wife sold that private jet.
It was a charter company. Not like the Kerry family were swanning about the skies for the sheer fun of it. And his wife sold the charter company. Not just the jet.

But have you dug up any evidence that he hasn't been flying commercial these past couple of years? That was the point you were making.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
What do we need coal for when we have radioactive material that uses a few pounds of material to power up an entire grid? Should we go back to black lung and the company store taking every penny a family man makes so a full-time worker's family lives in abject poverty? I'm sure some people would love to own those mining rights but does it help anybody other than giving people a pittance to live on and choking out our atmosphere with CO2 gasses?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tell that to china
You know, A small part of me thinks that's what the East vs West conflicts are about. If you think about it, the East's lifeblood is oil and the West wants to shut it down.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,213.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You know, A small part of me thinks that's what the East vs West conflicts are about. If you think about it, the East's lifeblood is oil and the West wants to shut it down.
We only shoot ourselves in the foot by attacking oil. Canada could have been a global leader in oil and natural gas by now but the Liberal establishment has quashed that. Canada could have been rich I tells yeah. Rich.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not necessarily oil alone, but to the East it looks like the West wants to shut down what they have and sell them what we have.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We only shoot ourselves in the foot by attacking oil. Canada could have been a global leader in oil and natural gas by now but the Liberal establishment has quashed that. Canada could have been rich I tells yeah. Rich.
Naw, you're just saving it for a rainy day. I do believe in oil conservation that's why I wish we'd go nuclear, thorium to be specific. Everything is made out of petroleum. Peace

Upvote 0