Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Big pharma is smiling big right now. The big three insulin producers are Eli Lilly and Company, Novo Nordisk A/S, and Sanofi S.A., in which they dominate more than 90% of the world insulin market by value. After swearing-in, U.S. President Joe Biden’s HHS froze the Trump administration’s December 2020 drug policy that mandates community health centers to pass on all their insulin and epinephrine discount savings to patients.

PHARMA: Biden Freezes Trump’s Lower Cost Insulin and Epinephrine Rule - SWFI

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,248,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Big pharma is smiling big right now. The big three insulin producers are Eli Lilly and Company, Novo Nordisk A/S, and Sanofi S.A., in which they dominate more than 90% of the world insulin market by value. After swearing-in, U.S. President Joe Biden’s HHS froze the Trump administration’s December 2020 drug policy that mandates community health centers to pass on all their insulin and epinephrine discount savings to patients.

Whut?

Hunter must have invested some of his Ukraine and China money in big pharma.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟454,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Biden admin freezes Trump HHS rule meant to lower insulin prices | Fox News

A misrepresentation. A delay to review executive orders from the previous President is not "ends program that saves insulin users money". The insulin order was part of that group - not singled out. While Biden potentially could decide to not let it go into effect, it is likely that he either will or he will replace it with something designed to achieve a similar effect.

The rule was scheduled to go into effect on Friday but has since been delayed until March 22.

On Wednesday, White House chief of staff Ron Klain directed agencies to pause orders signed towards the end of Trump’s term so they could be reviewed.

The order directs the administration to immediately withdraw rules that have been sent to the Office of Financial Research but not yet published in the Federal Register. For those that have been published, but are not yet effective, members are directed to "consider postponing the rules' effective dates for 60 days."

• Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian

He didn't end it, he simply put it on hold while it's being reviewed.

• Agree
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I’m sure people deciding between insulin band eating don’t mind waiting even longer while Joe’s friends get wealthier
When exactly did you start wanting the government to fix this issue? The Republicans have been in control for four years and didn’t do anything about people choosing between insulin and food.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟711,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When exactly did you start wanting the government to fix this issue? The Republicans have been in control for four years and didn’t do anything about people choosing between insulin and food.

yes they did, it is in the EO joe just put a stop to.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In December. Were you upset about this issue during the years when Trump did nothing? When did this issue become important to you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian

You realize that particular EO never took effect, right? It took Trump four whole years to even do *that* much, and Biden is simply not convinced (yet at least) that it's the 'best' way to handle the issue. Lets see how long it takes Biden to come up with a plan for insulin and see what's in that plan before judging him.

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟183,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This is one of a number of Executive Orders the Biden has put on hold for 60 days. It is STANDARD practice for an incoming president to put a hold on recent EOs from the previous president. Even my my little world, when I took over a new position, I put a hold on all on-going projects but one because I needed time to figure out what was going on first. The one project I did let go through was a fiasco and wasted a bunch of time and money. I resolved never to let that happen again.

Many Last-Minute Health Rules Subject to Biden 60-Day Pause (3)

Upvote 0