Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Biden has been the target of some ridicule for his recent gaffes and "elderly moments" as of late, but I have to wonder if there's not some merit to that criticism, and if the plan wasn't to push a moderate like Biden in, so that he can immediately step aside and let his VP (whoever it may be...and who the democrats actually wanted) run the show.

I know it sounds like a far fetched idea, but given how lost he looks when he speaks, I can't think of any reason why the Democrats would have gone with Biden instead of someone like Mayor Pete, given that when he speaks, it sounds like this:

Confident, well-spoken, coherent...could easily destroy Trump in a debate (as could Andrew Yang...if Yang can beat Shapiro in a debate, he can beat Trump)

Is the DNC strategy just to put Biden out there because he's perceived as a moderate, and then put the kind of person they really wanted in as VP so they can take the chair when he undoubtedly resigns due to health issues 3 months into his presidency?

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I agree completely. Why the DNC wanted to nominate a literal blank slate for president when they had tons of viable candidates is beyond me. Whoever is Biden’s VP is the real president if Biden wins.

Upvote 0

Lord Vega

King NES
Jun 13, 2020
Clearwater, FL
✟17,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
To be fair, George W. Bush made a lot of gaffes too. Unfortunately for Biden, I think his dementia will cost him the election. Just imagine him saying some of the things he's been saying in the upcoming debates where the whole country will be watching the two presidential contenders go at it.

• Agree
Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I agree completely. Why the DNC wanted to nominate a literal blank slate for president when they had tons of viable candidates is beyond me. Whoever is Biden’s VP is the real president if Biden wins.

Sort of like Nancy Reagan in Ronald's second term?

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have no doubts that the 2008 Joe Biden could stand toe to toe on a debate stage

...but if you contrast the videos from my OP with this one, it's not the same guy.

Given how well Pete did in the Iowa and NH primaries (and given the success of the last young guy for the Democrats who did the same in 2008), it's hard to fathom why they pushed Biden so hard over Mayor Pete.

Pete "checked all the right boxes" for the people further left on the spectrum, tested well with moderates in the key states...confident speaker, seems to be able to stand toe-to-toe on the debate stage. I'm struggling to figure out why the DNC gave Biden the big push when he's clearly past his prime.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
To be fair, George W. Bush made a lot of gaffes too. Unfortunately for Biden, I think his dementia will cost him the election. Just imagine him saying some of the things he's been saying in the upcoming debates where the whole country will be watching the two presidential contenders go at it.

Oh yeah, Bush was a gaffe machine lol "The internets" lol. But I think the distinction is between a person who's always been that kind of dude, vs someone like Biden who used to be quite a good speaker in his prime, could debate well, good public speaking ability...transitioning to a point where it's like he doesn't know where he is.

His latest comment isn't doing him any favors either
Biden: Latino community is diverse, ‘unlike the African American community’

Of course, him literally stumbling over the sentence "I'm more than happy to show my mental fillness, I mean fitmass...uhhhh fitness" doesn't help his cause.

I've always kind of like Biden...I just think it's sad to see him pushed out there in this state.

He's become the Ric Flair of politics, where he used to be really good, but stuck around well past his prime and as a result, tarnishing his legacy.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Xenophon
Upvote 0

Lord Vega

King NES
Jun 13, 2020
Clearwater, FL
✟17,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oh yeah, Bush was a gaffe machine lol "The internets" lol. But I think the distinction is between a person who's always been that kind of dude, vs someone like Biden who used to be quite a good speaker in his prime, could debate well, good public speaking ability...transitioning to a point where it's like he doesn't know where he is.

His latest comment isn't doing him any favors either
Biden: Latino community is diverse, ‘unlike the African American community’

Part of me thinks that Bush doesn't actually talk that way. He is an Ivy League graduate, successful business man, and accomplished politician who was both a governor and a president. These achievements require intelligence. He could have been making English errors on purpose to appeal to a certain type of voter and be seen as a sort of working or common man and not come across as an elitist. Then again, I don't know.

Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟244,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Is the DNC strategy just to put Biden out there because he's perceived as a moderate, and then put the kind of person they really wanted in as VP so they can take the chair when he undoubtedly resigns due to health issues 3 months into his presidency?

I think Biden took the nomination because of his momentum swing in South Carolina. At that time he was not the ideal nominee, but he was better than Bernie or Bloomberg and he wasn't showing such drastic signs of mental incapacity. I have a hard time believing this was the plan from the start, but I think you're half-right in that the significance of his VP pick has a lot to do with doubts surrounding his own ability to govern.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't see him running for a second term under any circumstances.
I don’t care if he’s a placeholder as long as Trump is defeated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No doubt this is the Geezer Bowl. Neither was ever my choice. But I’d vote for any of the Dems over Trump eight days a week.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Biden announces the reincarnation of Adolf Hitler as running mate! Still better than Trump?
Trump cannot be Biden’s running mate.

Upvote 0

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Biden has been the target of some ridicule for his recent gaffes and "elderly moments" as of late, but I have to wonder if there's not some merit to that criticism, and if the plan wasn't to push a moderate like Biden in, so that he can immediately step aside and let his VP (whoever it may be...and who the democrats actually wanted) run the show.

I know it sounds like a far fetched idea, but given how lost he looks when he speaks, I can't think of any reason why the Democrats would have gone with Biden instead of someone like Mayor Pete, given that when he speaks, it sounds like this:

Confident, well-spoken, coherent...could easily destroy Trump in a debate (as could Andrew Yang...if Yang can beat Shapiro in a debate, he can beat Trump)

Yep. Nice call! :)

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟698,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am convinced that Biden is a puppet and I really want to know who is pulling his strings. If elected, he won’t be the president. He will be the face while someone else is really running the country.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am convinced that Biden is a puppet and I really want to know who is pulling his strings. If elected, he won’t be the president. He will be the face while someone else is really running the country.
Hey. Don’t blow my cover.

Upvote 0

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
His wife. :doh:

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The DNC didn’t pick Biden; voters did, because they were familiar with him.

...and I think many calculated Biden was most likely to beat you know who.

Biden has bee quite clear that he is a transitional candidate. Hi V.P. will have the inside track on 2024....

Upvote 0