Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
And where else are COVID patients to go if they need someone to care for them, but to hospitals and nursing homes?

Ask Gov. DeSantis - he managed to keep infected people away from nursing homes just fine - and so Florida proportionately half as many deaths as New York. For that matter, ask my own Gov. Inslee. For all the things about him I could criticize, at least he didn't to that.

Did Jesus not say we should do this? Am I missing something?

When Jesus said to honor your father and mother, he probably meant don't expose them to things that could kill them...

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
What is to criticize about that? My mother has been in a nursing home since before the onset of COVID. If I had the ability or resources to care for her on my own, I would have gotten her out of the nursing home in a heartbeat due to the contagion risk there. And where else are COVID patients to go if they need someone to care for them, but to hospitals and nursing homes? My mother's nursing home set up an isolated COVID ward that helped many elderly people recover from their COVID infection. Did Jesus not say we should do this? Am I missing something?
Actually he was very smart to get his mother out of there before the halls of that nursing home were alive with Covid. The Covid he was about to introduce to those halls. Very smart. He knew, or at least suspected, that there would be a lot of deaths up and down those halls. We criticize insider trading. But those people are smart too.

Point is, if he knew that nursing home was going to become a death trap for older residents, and it looks like he did know, shouldn't he have done something in his professional position to protect the other residents from Covid? Aside from just getting his mother out?

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
The Boston Globe did one of their many stories this morning about Jacob a transgender boy who the parents have been trotting around in the media since she he was age 5. Of course the latest story is how he now feels the weight of the world has been lifted off his shoulders because mean Mr. Trump has left office. The Globe consistently fabricates narratives to push an agenda.

The real sad thing is what the parents did to this child. They pumped her full of whatever drugs they give to block puberty and travel the media circus. The daughter now a boy was nothing but a freak show to them.

What life under the Trump administration has felt like for transgender kids | Boston.com

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
The kids mother MiMi Lemay from the article is on Facebook and of course she is an ardent Biden supporter “ whose heart today is bursting at the seams”. She is also a strong BLM supporter.

Photos of her children at protests carrying resist signs and many photos of her children being used as props with Elizabeth Warren, Joe Kennedy and the like.

Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The kids mother MiMi Lemay from the article is on Facebook and of course she is an ardent Biden supporter “ whose heart today is bursting at the seams”. She is also a strong BLM supporter.

Photos of her children at protests carrying resist signs and many photos of her children being used as props with Elizabeth Warren, Joe Kennedy and the like.

Something should be done to the parents, if they can be really called parents. They abuse the child and the world applauds

Upvote 0