• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Job Question

Discussion in 'Struggles by Non-Christians' started by Therosary9, Jul 12, 2019 at 2:27 PM.

1. Therosary9

Therosary9 New Member

+1
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    Has anyone been called to work at a specific place? If so, how did you know? Or do you think that God lets us decide?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. christine40

christine40 Well-Known Member

+5,444
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    following

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019 at 7:55 PM
  3. lambofgod43985889

lambofgod43985889 Member Supporter

+49
    Argentina
    Protestant
    Private
    i saw a woman sharing her testimony on christian tv saying god said to her to work in modelling, to be a instrument inside that obscure world

4. lambofgod43985889

lambofgod43985889 Member Supporter

+49
    Argentina
    Protestant
    Private
    it's curious how we can't say the events of our lives are blessings or cursings

5. com7fy8

com7fy8 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,100
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    God wants us to personally share with Him, all the time. So, He does not want us to go on time out from Him, so we can do anything on our own. But personally share with Him and submit to Him, in His peace and how His peace has us seeing and understanding things and being creative with Him >

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

As you can see, here, we in Jesus are "in one body"; so none of us is on one's own, but all the time we are with each other. What we do can effect each other. So, it is good to be guided about what is for each other and not only ourselves.

In a family, it is wise to be able to put our family caring and sharing first. This is true in our marriages and in our family of God's children. So, we need to learn with Jesus how to do this, so we do not isolate ourselves with some job we might prefer or suppose is right for us.

But learn with Jesus how to be and how to love and how to be personally guided by God in His peace >

"'Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'" (Matthew 11:29)

"for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." (Philippians 2:13)

God even wants to be involved in producing our willing!!! This shows how personally interested our Heavenly Father is with every one of us. And we discover all He has us doing in such personal sharing with Him. You can not get bored or lonely, doing this :) God our Creator wants to share His own creativity with you, like this, in His love.

6. christine40

christine40 Well-Known Member

+5,444
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    @Therosary9
    misunderstood reason for your post

don't be afraid to try a job
    many jobs do have training and even if it doesn't work out, at least you tried

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019 at 7:54 PM
  7. Therosary9

Therosary9 New Member

+1
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    I keep feeling called to jobs that I'm not good at, so then I get scared and don't show up. Then I feel like a moral failure and the cycle continues. I wish there was a way that God could force me wherever I'm supposed to be. Any thoughts, prayers, advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

8. gospels

gospels Member

+140
    India
    Christian
    Single
    Whatever you are able to do, do it unto the Lord with a heart of gratitude (Colossians 3:23). If you continue, some day you will become good at it and overcome your fear. God will teach you, bless your work and will do great things through you. We might fail but our God never fails, He knows how to discipline us and prepare us for what He called us for. Just trust in Him and submit to His training.

9. Therosary9

Therosary9 New Member

+1
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    Thank you so much for always being supportive gospels. God bless you.

10. Therosary9

Therosary9 New Member

+1
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    Do you think that if you keep opening your Bible to the same pages that it means something?

11. gospels

gospels Member

+140
    India
    Christian
    Single
    No, that doesn’t mean something. You would not open up to the same page if you open ten other bibles. Avoid doing things such as just diving randomly into the Bible in order to find messages.