Houston
✟55,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have always understood I had no choice where I was born and who my parents are, no one does.

That alone should humble us but it does not. God does not love me anymore than He loves a child in Niger, one of the worse places for a child to be born.

If you have no compassion and are not praying for families born in a bad place that want what we have , you might need to go on a Mission trip...

We are where we are and have what we have because God allowed us to have it. The Book of Job is a good read anytime we become prideful of what we think we did or have. Job 1:21

And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.

Glaucus

The Lay Monk
Nov 25, 2017
The Water
✟45,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People place politics over their faith. Their God is their political party.

When thinking of the people who show no compassion for families being ripped apart at the border because "it's the law, and they're breaking it," I can't help but to imagine a bunch of angry Jews yelling and shaking their fists at the law breakers, while the mob joins in, with Jesus standing in the background shaking his head and weeping.

Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
People place politics over their faith. Their God is their political party.

When thinking of the people who show no compassion for families being ripped apart at the border because "it's the law, and they're breaking it," I can't help but to imagine a bunch of angry Jews yelling and shaking their fists at the law breakers, while the mob joins in, with Jesus standing in the background shaking his head and weeping.
Both sides are oversimplifying the matter. It's not as simple as "it's OK because they're breaking the law" or "families are being broken up".

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Families are broken up daily in the courts of America; incarceration, divorce, as well as the death of a parent. We can't suspend the laws to ensure that kids don't develop issues over it. They'll get over it just fine. Also the problems that these people are trying to escape are the result of their own culture. The more of them that come here, the more of that same culture comes with them. That's why immigration from some countries has been historically limited; they cannot assimilate very fast. Some ethnicities have shown that they have no intention of assimilating.

• Agree
Reactions: drjean
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Both sides are oversimplifying the matter. It's not as simple as "it's OK because they're breaking the law" or "families are being broken up".
It's not simple but hey, we aren't simple people. We can figure this out but we need to do something soon because it's wrong to keep children, especially young children, from their parents.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
When an ordinary American abuses his child or puts him in danger, such as leaving him in a hot car, he gets arrested. Everyone thinks that is appropriate.

If an illegal immigrant parent abuses and endangers his or her child even more frighteningly, all sorts of people who wouldn't defend such behavior in their neighbors insist that that parent is the victim!! :doh:

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We have 12,000 illegal children separated from their parent, in this country!

Oh but wait--- 10,000 of them were sent on tops of rail cars alone---the parents having paid as much as $7000 to a mule to get them through several countries to the USA and instructed the children the right thing to say to claim asylum. The parent's choice. The countries in between choices (against world law to not address asylum to immigrants in first country they enter). All wrong choices.

I do not think we can take in the whole world or we will have nothing to even keep ourselves. Each child is receiving $35,000 a year in benefits of food, clothing, a/c, housing, education... how many of our own citizens' children are living below that level, in poverty? We need to take care of our own first. This is a big moral issue.

I think the head of Norway has it right, as they move to stop immigration completely: the continents of Africa, India, and South America all have increasing populations and we need to address the living and job problems there, or they will continue to try to come "here".

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, Job a very rich man got into a lot more trouble than some number of migrants have.
If you have no compassion and are not praying for families born in a bad place that want what we have , you might need to go on a Mission trip...
Our Apostle Paul does say > "first of all" > to pray for any and all people, I understand from 1 Timothy 2:1-4.

We are where we are and have what we have because God allowed us to have it.
God's ways are "past finding out." (in Romans 11:33)

I offer myself to God, in prayer, for Him to do whatever He really wants to do with me, and please make me the right way for sharing it with Him. And please bless any and all others howsoever He pleases, and include me in doing His good to any and all people.

And I find He cares mostly that I am personally involved and sharing with anyone I do good to. He does not really want just handouts, but personal loving.

God wants us to be attentive to how people need to be, spiritually, with God and how they relate in love. So, just helping people to stay alive is not enough; but Jesus does say to do good to people who hate us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What I find interesting is that 1 Corinthians 3:21-23 says that "all things" are ours. So, we in Jesus own the whole earth . . . along with Jesus, of course, and submitting to how Jesus desires for us to use "all things" for God's love purposes.

Upvote 0

Drought of the Heart

Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2018
Houston
✟55,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What I find interesting is that 1 Corinthians 3:21-23 says that "all things" are ours. So, we in Jesus own the whole earth . . . along with Jesus, of course, and submitting to how Jesus desires for us to use "all things" for God's love purposes.

Always read the whole chapter never pull a few

19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

He gives us wisdom

Jesus and satan is very clear who has what on earth

Luke 4:6
And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

and

1 John 2:15-16 King James Version (KJV)
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Reactions: LLoJ
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
We are all aliens on earth , it does not belong to us
I say give the earth to the aliens........Who ya gonna call........

(KJV)
Job 19:15
They that dwell in mine house, and my maids, count me for a stranger: I am an alien in their sight.
Psalm 69:8
I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother's children.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus and satan is very clear who has what on earth

Luke 4:6
And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
But isn't Satan a liar? So, if Satan says he has something to give, may be what he is saying is not true. And even if it had been true at that time > at that time, Jesus had not yet given Himself for us, on Calvary. Jesus took power to be Lord of all. And in case Satan might control something, this does not mean it is his > he likely stole it.

So, then, who does God consider to really own the land where certain illegals are going? That land was taken by means of murder and military force and betraying treaties; therefore, whose, really, is it? So, God is the Judge of who may go where, then.

Upvote 0

Drought of the Heart

Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2018
Houston
✟55,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But isn't Satan a liar? So, if Satan says he has something to give, may be what he is saying is not true. And even if it had been true at that time > at that time, Jesus had not yet given Himself for us, on Calvary. Jesus took power to be Lord of all. And in case Satan might control something, this does not mean it is his > he likely stole it.

So, then, who does God consider to really own the land where certain illegals are going? That land was taken by means of murder and military force and betraying treaties; therefore, whose, really, is it? So, God is the Judge of who may go where, then.

Luke 4
8 And Jesus answered and said to him, “Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’ ”

We have Ephesians 6 because of his power and Jesus spent that 40 day to know how to suit us up and know what we will face . satan lies to us but he knows Who Jesus is. satan said this to God about Job
Job 1:9 So Satan answered the Lord and said, “Does Job fear God for nothing? 10 Have You not made a hedge around him, around his household, and around all that he has on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. 11 But now, stretch out Your hand and touch all that he has, and he will surely curse You to Your face!”

never under estimate the enemy he know more than we do much of the time

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums