Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
if you would have bothered to read my post you would have noticed i addressed this

If you would have bothered to read your own link you would have noticed that it is saying exactly what i said.

"week 6 (usually around forty to forty-three days) does the first electrical brain activity begin to occur. This activity, however, is not coherent activity of the kind that underlies human consciousness, or even the coherent activity seen in a shrimp's nervous system. Just as neural activity is present in clinically brain-dead patients, early neural activity consists of unorganized neuron firing of a primitive kind. Neuronal activity by itself does not represent integrated behavior."

"The frontal and temporal poles of the brain are apparent during weeks 12 to 16, and the frontal pole ... By week 13 the fetus has begun to move. Around this time the corpus callosum, the massive collection of fibers (the axons of neurons) that allow for communication between the hemispheres, begins to develop, forming the infrastructure for the major part of the cross talk between the two sides of the brain. Yet the fetus is not a sentient, self-aware organism at this point; it is more like a sea slug, a writhing, reflex-bound hunk of sensory-motor processes that does not respond to anything in a directed, purposeful way. Laying down the infrastructure for a mature brain and possessing a mature brain are two very different states of being."

also from your link:

"at around week 23 the fetus can survive outside the womb, with medical support; also around this time the fetus can respond to aversive stimuli. Major synaptic growth continues until the third or fourth postnatal month. "

the thing about facts is that they remain facts even if you don't like them
It said brain activity STARTS when I said it did.. isn't fully functional until LATER but STARTS when I said it did. And again, you waste our time on this and ignore the main point. So, we are done... I have asked 3 times for you to address the main point, you won't, we're done. Have a great day!

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
It said brain activity STARTS when I said it did.. isn't fully functional until LATER but STARTS when I said it did. And again, you waste our time on this and ignore the main point. So, we are done... I have asked 3 times for you to address the main point, you won't, we're done. Have a great day!
"This activity, however, is not coherent activity of the kind that underlies human consciousness, or even the coherent activity seen in a shrimp's nervous system. Just as neural activity is present in clinically brain-dead patients, early neural activity consists of unorganized neuron firing of a primitive kind. Neuronal activity by itself does not represent integrated behavior."

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"This activity, however, is not coherent activity of the kind that underlies human consciousness, or even the coherent activity seen in a shrimp's nervous system. Just as neural activity is present in clinically brain-dead patients, early neural activity consists of unorganized neuron firing of a primitive kind. Neuronal activity by itself does not represent integrated behavior."
That has NOTHING to do with the fact that a woman who has an abortion is killing a unique human being. Have a great day.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
do you follow all of the social and judgmental issues of the old testament?

Deuteronomy 8:3
And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live.

Matthew 4:4
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Reactions: creslaw
Upvote 0

ubicaritas

sinning boldly
Jul 22, 2017
Orlando
✟68,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

The fetus can't feel pain until halfway through the second trimester.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Deuteronomy 8:3
And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live.

Matthew 4:4
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Did you not understand the question?

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Did you not understand the question?

Yes, I did and I answered it
Do you not understnd the answer? If so then try this answer
Malachi 3:6
For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Reactions: discipler7
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
without a functioning brain can it said to be a human being?
This is my last post to you. The brain activity BEGINS as early as 5 weeks into the pregnancy. It is not FULLY FUNCTIONING until later. Beyond that, the DNA... the code that makes it a UNIQUE HUMAN BEING is written IN FULL at conception. You want to focus on the brain but the CODE that was written BY GOD is done at conception. All that person can be is written... and that is what makes them human. The code tells us if we are a human, a dog, a cat, or a Darwinian ape. And that is determined at conception. So... I actually don't care when the brain activity starts because the DNA already says that person growing in that womb is a unique human being. And therefore, it is murder to kill it in the womb.

Upvote 0

dude99

Apr 12, 2014
✟40,407.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Jimmy Carter only expressed his opinion on gay marriage and he did state that Jesus would approve of it but it was his own personal opinion, and he did not quote scripture and admitted there is nothing in scripture on gay marriage. He believes abortions are only ok in the case of rape or incest

For me I unable to judge him and only God can truly judge him.

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Karin12414

Nothing is impossible for my God!
Jul 9, 2018
Lakeland
✟29,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter said Sunday that Jesus would approve of gay marriage and certain abortions in an interview with HuffPost Live.
Speaking of his faith, Mr. Carter said in his career as a politician he never ran across “any really serious conflicts between my political obligations and my religious faith.”

Asked about gay marriage, he replied that it is “no problem with me. I think everybody should have a right to get married regardless of their sex.

“I have a hard time believing that Jesus would approve abortions unless it was because of rape or incest or if the mother’s life was in danger. So I’ve had that struggle,” he said.

The word of GOD says
Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-gover...would-approve-of-gay-marriage-some-abortions/

Allowing and Approving are very different. All I can say really :)

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
This is my last post to you. The brain activity BEGINS as early as 5 weeks into the pregnancy.
There is no brain at 5 weeks. There is a structure called the neural tube that forms 3 distinct bulges that will someday form the three parts of the brain....but there is no brain

It is not FULLY FUNCTIONING until later. Beyond that, the DNA... the code that makes it a UNIQUE HUMAN BEING is written IN FULL at conception. You want to focus on the brain but the CODE that was written BY GOD is done at conception. All that person can be is written... and that is what makes them human. The code tells us if we are a human, a dog, a cat, or a Darwinian ape. And that is determined at conception. So... I actually don't care when the brain activity starts because the DNA already says that person growing in that womb is a unique human being. And therefore, it is murder to kill it in the womb.
the lack of brain activity is how death is defined. Why should there be one standard for when life begins and another for when life ends?

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is no brain at 5 weeks. There is a structure called the neural tube that forms 3 distinct bulges that will someday form the three parts of the brain....but there is no brain

the lack of brain activity is how death is defined. Why should there be one standard for when life begins and another for when life ends?

First of all, you ARE wrong. Scientifically, the process of activity has BEGUN but is not in it's fullness until LATER, which is what you are saying. But, for the LAST time... let's remove the brain, SilverBear... and just look at DNA. That code, written by God, determines who that PERSON is and that code is written at conception. Abortion at any time destroys the code God wrote that has determined the sex as well as all that make that "fetus" unique as a human being. And again... that is done at conception.

I am against abortion at ANY TIME, period. OK? We're done. Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jimmy Carter only expressed his opinion on gay marriage and he did state that Jesus would approve of it but it was his own personal opinion, and he did not quote scripture and admitted there is nothing in scripture on gay marriage. He believes abortions are only ok in the case of rape or incest

For me I unable to judge him and only God can truly judge him.

You know, one of the most sensible posts I've read in this thread. It seems like you actually read the OP and the article included rather than the usual right wing tarade going off about former President Carter's sanity or questioning his Christian faith and insisting he doesn't even know the Lord.

And I think that it's very noble and honest of you to admit that you cannot judge former President Jimmy Carter. If I may say so, I think that says a lot about your character and Christian witness.

It's like I said early on in this thread in response to the post quoted again below.

I think your post here should be repeated because I think there are some people in this thread who haven't read it yet (or else they chose to ignore it). If your post was read and understood, then there shouldn't be any honest reason to bash this former president or questioning his sanity in this thread.

I did not read the article but the quote is not proving the headline. If the article has a quote that does, that is the quote you should include. This quote only shows Carter's approval not Carter saying Jesus would approve. If Carter does say that Jesus would approve of abortion and gay marriage, he is being as unwise in saying that as he was in much of what he did as President. There is simply no good reason to come to that conclusion. One might say Jesus never came out against those things and is not necessarily opposed but saying he would approve of them is a step too far and is simply unfounded.

• Friendly
Reactions: dude99
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
the lack of brain activity is how death is defined.

So before the brain develops, the cells in question are dead by your definition?

Why should there be one standard for when life begins and another for when life ends?

Maybe because the beginning of life and the ending of life are not identical events?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirk1540
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
So before the brain develops, the cells in question are dead by your definition?
they arn't there

Maybe because the beginning of life and the ending of life are not identical events?
one is a state of not being alive. and the other is a state of not being alive

Upvote 0