Jews Against Anti-christian Defamation Urges Boycott Of The Da Vinci Code

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Jews Against Anti-Christian Defamation
P.O. Box 4751, Framingham, MA 01704 508-405-1337
www.jews4fairness.org.

JEWS AGAINST ANTI-CHRISTIAN DEFAMATION URGES BOYCOTT OF THE DA VINCI CODE

May 15, 2006
For Immediate Release
For More Information, Contact: Bryan Rudnick at (561) 499-3201 or Don Feder at (508) 405-1337

Jews Against Anti-Christian Defamation today urged a boycott of The Da Vinci Code, scheduled to premiere at the Cannes Film Festival on Wednesday and open in the U.S. on Friday.

“Director Ron Howard assures us that the film will be true to the book,” said JAACD President Don Feder. “That means it will be an insult to nearly a billion people worldwide.”

Feder commented: “As Jews, we’re in a unique position. While we don’t worship Jesus or pray in his name, we take exception to a work of fiction which trivializes the beliefs of our Christian friends and neighbors. The Da Vinci Code treats the life of Jesus like a soap opera.”

Dan Brown’s book, which sold more than 45 million copies in the U.S., also maligns Judaism.

Feder observes, “On page 309, Brown’s protagonist claims Jewish men visited the Holy Temple in Jerusalem to achieve ‘spiritual wholeness’ by having sex with ‘priestesses.’ The Torah absolutely condemns the ritual prostitution practiced by the Canaanites. To call Brown’s bizarre theory an attack on Judaism (and – by extension – Judeo Christian morality) is an understatement.”

Jews Against Anti-Christian Defamation also notes the disturbing parallels between The Da Vinci Code and The Protocols Of The Elders of Zion. Feder: “Like The Protocols, The Code projects an international conspiracy to conceal the truth, in order to maintain control of humanity. In one case the conspirators are Jewish leaders and, in the other, the hierarchy of the Catholic Church.”

Jews Against Anti-Christian Defamation urges the public not to reward Hollywood bigotry by buying a ticket to The Da Vinci Code, but instead to treat it with the scorn it deserves by boycotting the Sony Pictures film.

Feder will speak at a press conference sponsored by The Interfaith Coalition Against The Da Vinci Code, on Wednesday, May 17 at 1:30 pm at the National Press Club in Washington, DC. Speakers will include Dr. Ted Baehr of The Christian Film and Television Commission and Austin Ruse of The Catholic Family and Human Rights Institute.

He will also appear on Fox News Live at 2:50 pm (EST) that day.

For more information on Jews Against Anti-Christian Defamation, visit our website, www.jews4fairness.org.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have never even read the book, and probably never will, just like the fiction endtime books of the "Left Behind" series.

(Young) Isaiah 56:1 Thus said Jehovah: `Keep ye judgment, and do righteousness, For near [is] My salvation to come, And My righteousness to be revealed.'

Upvote 0

CaerMac

God is my salvation
May 7, 2006
Minnesota
✟16,456.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
A news article on MSNBC states that a poll by Opinion Research Business (ORB), and commissioned by Opus Dei, shows that out of 1,000 adults questioned, "60 percent believed Jesus had children by Mary Magdalene — a possibility raised by the book — compared with just 30 percent of those who had not read the book."

The link for the article is: www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12815760/

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
MercuryAndy said:
Its a work of fiction, It doesn't claim to be truth its a what if scenario.
I don't really understand why people are offended.
Brown tells readers on the novel's first page that "all descriptions of artwork, architecture, documents, and secret rituals in this novel are accurate." Many believe that claim. One-third of Canadians who have read The Da Vinci Code (some 20 percent of the population) believe Brown's theories and think that descendants of Jesus are alive today, according to a 2005 National Geographic poll.

The fact is the author of the book *does* claim that the basis of his story is fact, and many folks, even Christians, are so ignorant of world history, church history and theology that they believe Mr. Brown's claim to the "facts" as he presents them and equate the presence of those "facts" to the "logical assumption" that his theories based on those "facts" are also true. They also believe this man has uncovered some esoteric "truths" deliberately hidden from us in an attempt to hide the "truth about Jesus."

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have never even read the book, and probably never will, just like the fiction endtime books of the "Left Behind" series.

(Young) Isaiah 56:1 Thus said Jehovah: `Keep ye judgment, and do righteousness, For near [is] My salvation to come, And My righteousness to be revealed.'
CaerMac said:
A news article on MSNBC states that a poll by Opinion Research Business (ORB), and commissioned by Opus Dei, shows that out of 1,000 adults questioned, "60 percent believed Jesus had children by Mary Magdalene — a possibility raised by the book — compared with just 30 percent of those who had not read the book."

The link for the article is: www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12815760/
Hmmm. That kind of takes the "light" away from the true "children" in the Bible. Sigh.

(Young) 1 John 3:10 In this manifest are the children of God, and the children of the devil; every one who is not doing righteousness, is not of God, and he who is not loving his brother,

Upvote 0

MercuryAndy

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
Scotland
✟12,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The secret rituals are alive today. The union between the god and godess is signified by putting a dagger in a cup. the dagger signifies the male and the cup the female. Then the female takes a drink then the male does. And thats about it. A bit less exiting than the book.

Werent all the truths about davinchis paintings and such?

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
MercuryAndy said:
The secret rituals are alive today. The union between the god and godess is signified by putting a dagger in a cup. the dagger signifies the male and the cup the female. Then the female takes a drink then the male does.
to what specificaly are you referring here? :)

MercuryAndy said:
Werent all the truths about davinchis paintings and such?
to what truths specifically are you referring as relates to DaVinci paintings?

Upvote 0

raffster

Unabashed Truth
Sep 29, 2004
Somewhere
✟8,277.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Last week during my Wednesday bible study group,the pastor who leads our group talked a little bit on the Da Vinci code. He admits that the book is so well written to the point that it has made a lot of people question Christianity, both believers and non-believers alike. Whether or not the Da Vinci Code is an attempt to insult or mock Christianity should be the least of Christiandom's concerns and worries. If anything, the pastor said, should come out of this is that the Da Vinci Code has led many non-Christians to ask questions about Christianity, and there lies an opportunity to share the Gospel and be witnesses for Christ.

I am actually watching the movie for two purposes: 1. To see how faithful it is to the book and 2. To have a good source of fun and entertainment this weekend. (I am actually dating my wife for the second time since she asked me to live apart from her.)

The Da Vinci Code is only a mockery to Christianity if we allow it to accomplish that purpose. We should rather take the opportunity to be witness to this propagation of false teachings and proposterous concepts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Da Vinci Code is only a mockery to Christianity if we allow it to accomplish that purpose. We should rather take the opportunity to be witness to this propagation of false teachings and proposterous concepts.
Like we didn't have enough of that in christ-ianity already. I much prefer sites such as this one:

http://www.awitness.org/bible.html

As a final point I have to ask how, after those early churches embarrassed everyone by reading Daniel in an uncritical way and being gullible about the Bible, and prophecy in particular, you really have to wonder why any other modern church would want to do the same thing, repeat the same mistake, and embarrass themselves in the same way as those early churches did. It turns out that there are certain things you can learn by not taking the Bible literally all the time, and this lesson is certainly one of them.

Upvote 0

dawiyd

Veteran
Apr 2, 2006
✟2,566.00
Faith
Judaism
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
davinci3qx.gif

Reactions: Talmidah
Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
please also post the page from his book entitled "Facts"

what you posted is the standard and legally required disclaimer you can find on the verso page of every fiction book published in America by a publishing house - it is designed to protect them from legal action based on slander or libel

Brown begins his book with a statement, under the title "Fact," that there are documents supporting the existence of the Priory in the Bibliotheque Nationale. These documents have long been understood to be forgeries, placed in the archives by an anti-Semitic supporter of the Vichy government named Pierre Plantard.

The Da Vinci Code: The Facts Behind The Fiction

by Bob Waldrep
out4.gif

So, should the reader take it as fact or fiction?

It is apparent from the author's viewpoint, he is hopeful it will be taken as mostly fact. This becomes quite clear from the opening segment of the Primetime special when the author states: "I began as a skeptic. As I started researching The Da Vinci Code I really thought I would disprove a lot of this theory about Mary Magdalene and holy blood and all of that. I became a believer."

What is it he came to believe? Following are some of the claims made (without any rebuttal, I might add) by the characters in his book (bear in mind that the author is, admittedly, a true believer):
“More than eighty gospels were considered for the New Testament, and yet only a relative few were chosen for inclusion…The Bible as we know it today was collated by the pagan Roman Emperor Constantine the Great.” (p.231)

“Nothing in Christianity is original. The pre-Christian God Mithras – called the Son of God and the Light of the World – was born on December 25, died, was buried in a rock tomb, and then resurrected in three days. By the way, December 25 is also the birthday of Osiris, Adonis, and Dionysus. The newborn Krishna was presented with gold, frankincense, and myrrh. Even Christianity’s holy day was stolen from the pagans.” (p.232)

“At this gathering [Council of Nicea in 325 AD] many aspects of Christianity were debated and voted upon – the date of Easter, the role of the bishops, the administration of sacraments, and, of course, the divinity of Jesus…until that moment in history, Jesus was viewed by his followers as a mortal prophet…Jesus establishment as the ‘Son of God’ was officially proposed and voted on by the Council of Nicea…A relatively close vote at that.” (p. 233)

“From this sprang the most profound moment in Christian history. Constantine commissioned and financed a new Bible, which omitted those gospels that spoke of Christ’s human traits and embellished those gospels that made him godlike. The other gospels were outlawed, gathered up, and burned.” (p.234)

“…almost everything our fathers taught us about Christ is false. As are the stories about the Holy Grail.” (p. 235)

“…legend tells us the Holy Grail is a chalice – a cup. But the Grail’s description as a chalice is actually an allegory to protect the true nature of the Holy Grail…The Grail is literally the ancient symbol for womanhood and the Holy Grail represents the sacred feminine and the goddess, which of course has now been lost, virtually eliminated by the Church.” (p.238)

“The Church needed to defame Mary Magdalene [making her out to be a prostitute] in order to cover up her dangerous secret – her role as the Holy Grail.” (p.244)

“At this point in the gospels, Jesus suspects He will soon be captured and crucified. So he gives Mary Magdalene instructions on how to carry on His Church after He is gone…Jesus was the original feminist. He intended for the future of His Church to be in the hands of Mary Magdalene.” (pp 247-248)

“Behold, the greatest cover-up in human history. Not only was Jesus Christ married, but He was a father. My dear, Mary Magdalene was the Holy Vessel. She was the chalice that bore the royal bloodline of Jesus Christ. She was the womb that bore the lineage, and the vine from which the sacred fruit sprang forth.” (p 249)

“Mary Magdalene was pregnant at the time of the crucifixion…With the help of Jesus’ trusted uncle, Joseph of Arimathea [she] secretly traveled to France, then known as Gaul. There she found safe refuge in the Jewish community. It was here in France that she gave birth to a daughter. Her name was Sarah.” (p 255)

“The quest for the Holy Grail is literally the quest to kneel before the bones of Mary Magdalene. A journey to pray at the feet of the outcast one, the sacred feminine.” (p.257)

The Grail story is everywhere, but it is hidden. When the Church outlawed speaking of the shunned Mary Magdalene, her story and importance had to be passed on through more discreet channels…channels that supported metaphor and symbolism…The arts…Once you open your eyes to the Holy Grail you see her everywhere. Paintings. Music. Books. Even in cartoons, theme parks, and popular movies.” (p. 261)

These are but a few of the passages that indicate what it is the author purports to have set out to disprove by his research but ended up believing. But how do his “facts” stand up to the historical evidence?

Here is what the Primetime report uncovered

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What is it he came to believe? Following are some of the claims made (without any rebuttal, I might add) by the characters in his book (bear in mind that the author is, admittedly, a true believer):...

..These are but a few of the passages that indicate what it is the author purports to have set out to disprove by his research but ended up believing. But how do his “facts” stand up to the historical evidence?
Interesting. The OT/OC alone is enough to disprove all of that and I am sure the jews will have no problem in disproving it as they do the NT also.

(Young) Jeremiah 14:14 And Jehovah saith unto me: Falsehood the prophets are prophesying in My name, I did not send them, nor command them, Nor have I spoken unto them: A false vision, and divination, and vanity, And the deceit of their own heart, they are prophesying to you.

(Young) 2 Peter 2:1 And there did come also false prophets among the people, as also among you there shall be false teachers, who shall bring in besides destructive sects/heresies, and the Master who bought them denying, bringing to themselves quick destruction,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
LittleLambofJesus said:
Interesting. The OT/OC alone is enough to disprove all of that and I am sure the Jews will have no problem in disproving it as they do the NT also.

(Young) Jeremiah 14:14 And Jehovah saith unto me: Falsehood the prophets are prophesying in My name, I did not send them, nor command them, Nor have I spoken unto them: A false vision, and divination, and vanity, And the deceit of their own heart, they are prophesying to you.

(Young) 2 Peter 2:1 And there did come also false prophets among the people, as also among you there shall be false teachers, who shall bring in besides destructive sects/heresies, and the Master who bought them denying, bringing to themselves quick destruction,
problem is a very large number of ignorant intellectuals are buying into the "truth" of the DaVinvi Code and pushing the bible aside because the DC "proves" it is a tool of deception. Thus are they "inoculated" from hearing the truth

Upvote 0

CaerMac

God is my salvation
May 7, 2006
Minnesota
✟16,456.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
It isn't only The Da Vinci Code. For example, if you look this book up on Amazon, then look at other books customers also bought, you will likely see Holy Blood, Holy Grail. This is another fiction book. This book is along the same line as the other one (and was why Dan Brown got sued in court). Then if you again look at the list of book people also bought along with this book, you will likely see The Woman With the Alabaster Jar: Mary Magdalen and the Holy Grail by Margaret Starbird and The Templar Revelation: Secret Guardians of the True Identity of Christ by Lynn Picknett. These books are classified as non-fiction.

The description of the first book is thus:

Margaret Starbird’s theological beliefs were profoundly shaken when she read Holy Blood, Holy Grail, a book that dared to suggest that Jesus Christ was married to Mary Magdalen and that their descendants carried on his holy bloodline in Western Europe. Shocked by such heresy, this Roman Catholic scholar set out to refute it, but instead found new and compelling evidence for the existence of the bride of Jesus--the same enigmatic woman who anointed him with precious unguent from her “alabaster jar.”
In this provocative book, Starbird draws her conclusions from an extensive study of history, heraldry, symbolism, medieval art, mythology, psychology, and the Bible itself. The Woman with the Alabaster Jar is a quest for the forgotten feminine--in the hope that its return will help restore a healthy balance to planet Earth.

The second book doesn't have a description, although there are some customer reviews. You can see exerpts of the book, though and the Table of Contents which reads:

Part One: The Threads of Heresy
1. The Secret Code of Leonardo da Vinci
2. Into the Underworld
3. In the Footsteps of the Magdalene
4. Heartland of Heresy
5. Guardians of the Grail
6. The Templar Legacy
7. Sex: The Ultimate Sacrament
8. 'This is a Terrible Place'
9. A Curious Treasure
10. Divining the Underground Stream
Part Two: The Web of Truth
11. Gospel Untruths
12. The Woman Whom Jesus Kissed
13. Son of the Goddess
14. John Christ
15. Followers of the King of Light
16. The Great Heresy
17. Out of Egypt
Appendix I Continental Occult Freemasonry
Appendix II Rennes-le-Château and the 'Tomb of God'
Notes and References
Select Bibliography
Index

So regardless of whether The Da Vinci Code is considered fiction, it can spark peoples curiosity, and lead them to read the so-called "well-researched" "non-fiction" books on the subject, and many will believe the False Truths.

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools...:cry: :(

Upvote 0

dawiyd

Veteran
Apr 2, 2006
✟2,566.00
Faith
Judaism
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Henaynei said:
please also post the page from his book entitled "Facts"

what you posted is the standard and legally required disclaimer you can find on the verso page of every fiction book published in America

From Dan Browns own website.

BUT DOESN'T THE NOVEL'S "FACT" PAGE CLAIM THAT EVERY SINGLE WORD IN THIS NOVEL IS HISTORICAL FACT?
If you read the "FACT" page, you will see it clearly states that the documents, rituals, organization, artwork, and architecture in the novel all exist. The "FACT" page makes no statement whatsoever about any of the ancient theories discussed by fictional characters. Interpreting those ideas is left to the reader.

The guy shouldn't be answered, he should just be horse-whipped.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Henaynei said:
Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools...:cry: :(
:) On the other hand, Paul also tells us to become "fools" to become wise. :D

(Young) 1 Corinthians 3:18 Let no one deceive himself; if any one doth seem to be wise among you in this age--let him become a fool, that he may become wise,

moros {mo-ros'}

Upvote 0