The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Well you seem to never refrain from sticking your snout in America's affairs.
The difference is that your not American . As for me, both sides of my family came from Ireland. My Grandfather was raised in Hell's kitchen via Prince Edward Island.

Why does that make you an expert on Irish culture? Have you ever lived there? Did you major in Irish history? I have French roots but that doesn't mean I'm an expert on France.

You have the right, of course, to speculate, but the quote above plus the gross inaccuracies you posted in the thread about the EU parliament elections makes me think that you have a warped definition of what it means to be knowledgeable on something.

And you're forgetting that, through sociocultural dominance, the rest of the world tends to know more about the US than the US knows about the rest of the world.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I took it as a tongue in cheek swipe at invasion happy America, actually. Perhaps I misunderstood. Oh well, carry on.

To explain my way of thinking, two of the people who were killed were Israeli. I still believe it to have been a swipe at Israel because the person making the comment has made his hostility toward Israel and Israelis quite clear on this forum, so it makes sense that it was about Israel and not the US.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,762,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Report: Russian Orthodox Church distances itself from Ecumenical Patriarch’s meeting with Pope
The bishops of Belgium have issued a statement decrying the May 24 shooting at the Jewish Museum of Belgium.
“Violence cannot be justified, let alone for religious motives,” the bishops said, as they called for a deeper interreligious and intercultural dialogue.

Fusillade au musée juif (Catholic Church in Belgium)

3 dead in shooting at Jewish Museum of Belgium (CNN)

Jewish Museum of Belgium shooting (Wikipedia)

Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟343,253.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
To explain my way of thinking, two of the people who were killed were Israeli. I still believe it to have been a swipe at Israel because the person making the comment has made his hostility toward Israel and Israelis quite clear on this forum, so it makes sense that it was about Israel and not the US.
This is an American dominated fourm, the comment was quoting an American supporter of oppressive Zionism as do most American Foreign policy Hawks.

But you see it differently, so be it...

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
This is an American dominated fourm, the comment was quoting an American supporter of oppressive Zionism as do most American Foreign policy Hawks.

But you see it differently, so be it...

Your comment quoted nobody. Is nobody an American supporter of oppressive Zionism?

Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟343,253.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Your comment quoted nobody. Is nobody an American supporter of oppressive Zionism?

My post was the third one. The first from an advocate for military Zionism and the second posted the usual old tripe about Europe being anti-Semite...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Um... with respect, I think you may have some misinformed ideas here. Muslims are traditionally more accepting of Jews than Christians are. It is Israel they have a problem with, because of the Isaeli treatment of Palestine.

Where you get the idea that "it's become stylish to accept Islamic beliefs", is really quite unclear.

Really? Islamic leaders were supportive of Hitler in WW11, mainly because of his anti Jewish policies. BEFORE Israel existed. Muslims have been less accepting of Jews since the time of Muhammed, who killed a great many.

Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I hear a few Nazi's have won seats in the Euro parliament. Guess things are gonna get a whole lot more dangerous for Jews now.

I think they have a lot more to fear from the Muslims in Europe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Really? Islamic leaders were supportive of Hitler in WW11, mainly because of his anti Jewish policies. BEFORE Israel existed. Muslims have been less accepting of Jews since the time of Muhammed, who killed a great many.

Um, I think you may have been misinformed.

Upvote 0