Honolulu
✟3,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Has anyone else studied the book Jewish Hand-Reading, by Dr. Matthew Levi? Also known as cabbalistic palmistry, it has to do with the Jewish Tree of Life. Dr. Levi explains that the Palmistry is derived and/or used in conjunction with that diagram. In other words, the 10 sephirots seen in the Tree of Life. For example, let's take at random the Gevurah. When looking at the Palmistry, the Gevurah hand refers to discipline, such as children when they are in their formative years, during which they are impressionable. And in adults, it can refer to sexual abstinence. I suppose such men would be adept at practicing celibacy. (Or maybe they have a testosterone problem.) After all, we know there are many Yogis who practice such abstinence. Anyway, this Gevurah is one of the 10 palm-prints which correspond to the 10 sephirots of the Tree diagram.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Monastic1952

Dec 26, 2023
Honolulu
✟3,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Analysis of the palm has become scientifically accepted as the diagnostic tool known as Dermatoglyphics:(excerpt from dermatoglyphics.org) (How it can determine genetic anomalies as well as mental-emotional traits)
Western scientists believe that dermatoglyphics is the DNA genes in the human body that is reflected in appearance. Although everyone has different prints, but certain patterns can be found in our prints. Skin begins to develop in the embryo in the 13th week, and it is formed in the 19th week. It is closely related to the infant’s brain development. The distribution of prints is considered to represent brain cells’ proportion and distribution in each of the brain lobes.
In the nineteenth century, British eugenicist Galton (Sir Francis Galton), had collected many human fingerprints and identify various lines of statistical frequency. He was the first person who proposed that there is a connection between human prints and genetics. In the 1930s, U.S. scholars began to use prints to identify whether a newborn has down syndrome and other potential mental illnesses. Until now, foreign scholars claim that they understand enough of human prints to judge the potential of human brain.
Currently, human prints can be categorized as one of the three main types (whorls-shaped, arch-shaped, and loop-shaped). It is subdivided into eleven basic types, from which many types of analysis have been derived, some focus on the analysis of left brain and right brain, some believe that the print on each finger reflects different abilities. (Thumb ︰ action and execution; index ︰ logic and creativity; middle finger: limb motor ability and art appreciation; ring ︰ power of voice recognition; little finger ︰ text image discerning ) As for the foot pattern, it can determine whether one has congenital diseases. It is as equally important as fingerprints-- specifically, fingerprint arch pattern, fingerprint loop pattern, fingerprint whorl pattern.

Upvote 0

Monastic1952

Dec 26, 2023
Honolulu
✟3,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
To continue about the palm-patterns in Dermatoglyphics, they are like a map that leads one to understand his own potential and talents. Everyone inherits innate intelligence from their parents. And everybody has genetic parents, and have the innate intelligence from their parents. If one’s intelligence gets no opportunity to be inspired and further developed, there is no way for one to develop a full range of intelligence of memory, understanding, reasoning, analysis, integration, and application. By analyzing Dermatoglyphics it is like a map that leads one to understand his own potential and talents. Everyone inherits innate intelligence from their parents. And everybody has genetic parents, and have the innate intelligence from their parents. If one’s intelligence gets no opportunity to be inspired and further developed, there is no way for one to develop a full range of intelligence of memory, understanding, reasoning, analysis, integration, and application. By analyzing dermatoglyphics, we can accurately understand the distribution and amount of cells in the left and right brain of the cell, and predict where the potential lies. Although everyone is born with strengths and weaknesses; if they are identified early, we may further develop the strengths and improve our weakness, so that the left and right brain may grow in a more balanced way, and we can accurately understand the distribution and amount of cells in the left and right brain of the cell, and predict where the potential lies.

Upvote 0

Monastic1952

Dec 26, 2023
Honolulu
✟3,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Although everyone is born with strengths and weaknesses; if they are identified early, we may further develop the strengths and improve our weakness, so that the left and right brain may grow in a more balanced way. Congenital potentialities are shown in one hand, while those shown in the opposite hand are those potentialities that you develop as you grow.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This isn't a mainstream Jewish idea and certainly not mainstream Messianic Judaism. Promotion of kabalistic ideas are not really something that is encouraged here.

Reactions: daq
Upvote 0

Monastic1952

Dec 26, 2023
Honolulu
✟3,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
This isn't a mainstream Jewish idea and certainly not mainstream Messianic Judaism. Promotion of kabalistic ideas are not really something that is encouraged here.
The Kabbalah comes from the Zohar scriptures which are combined with the Jewish Torah.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Kabbalah comes from the Zohar scriptures which are combined with the Jewish Torah.
I am broadly familiar with it, some streams of it contain popular magic and rituals that are incompatible with Christian or Messianic Judaism practice. This is the aspect that tends to get emphasized the most, and this version of hand reading seems to be on that spectrum. Also, MJ does not consider the Zohar to be scriptures. Some of the writings may be very profitable to read and worthwhile, but they are not on the level of scripture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Monastic1952

Dec 26, 2023
Honolulu
✟3,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Some of the writings may be very profitable to read and worthwhile, but they are not on the level of scripture.
The Hand-reading is actually similar to the divination of the Urim & Thummin from the Christian Bible, specifically the verse Ezra 2:63 "consult the Urim and Thummin, the sacred lots." So both Judaism as well as Christianity use divination. Obviously Judaism and Christianity have that shared similarity.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Hand-reading is actually similar to the divination of the Urim & Thummin from the Christian Bible, specifically the verse Ezra 2:63 "consult the Urim and Thummin, the sacred lots." So both Judaism as well as Christianity use divination. Obviously Judaism and Christianity have that shared similarity.
Many forms of divination are similar to the Urim and Thummin, but they were the only ones authorized by God to be used. Other forms of divination are specifically banned.

Upvote 0

Monastic1952

Dec 26, 2023
Honolulu
✟3,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Many forms of divination are similar to the Urim and Thummin, but they were the only ones authorized by God to be used. Other forms of divination are specifically banned.
You say that many other forms of divination were authorized to be used. What are they?
I believe Joshua 18:6-10 has another one, the casting of lots. My understanding is that it was either the tossing of sticks to be interpreted, or the rolling of stone dice to be interpreted. The tossing of sticks reminds me of the Chinese divination known as Kuan Yin Oracle where sticks are tossed to be interpreted. As far as the Dice oracle, I've seen a documentary where archaeologists found primitive dice made of stone or animal bones. Would you say those are the ones mentioned in Joshua 18:6-10??

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You say that many other forms of divination were authorized to be used. What are they?
I believe Joshua 18:6-10 has another one, the casting of lots. My understanding is that it was either the tossing of sticks to be interpreted, or the rolling of stone dice to be interpreted. The tossing of sticks reminds me of the Chinese divination known as Kuan Yin Oracle where sticks are tossed to be interpreted. As far as the Dice oracle, I've seen a documentary where archaeologists found primitive dice made of stone or animal bones. Would you say those are the ones mentioned in Joshua 18:6-10??
You read my statement incorrectly. I did not say "many other forms of divination were authorized to be used", in fact I said the opposite, you can see it in the original post as well as the box quote in your post above:

That said, you are correct, God allowed the casting of lots as well as the Urim and Thummin. However, casting lots is not the same thing as this hand reading, or palm reading. We don't actually know how the Urim and Thummin worked, so it is not possible to say that it is similar to the hand reading, and hand reading is not the same as casting lots.

Upvote 0

Monastic1952

Dec 26, 2023
Honolulu
✟3,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
That said, you are correct, God allowed the casting of lots as well as the Urim and Thummin. However, casting lots is not the same thing as this hand reading, or palm reading. We don't actually know how the Urim and Thummin worked, so it is not possible to say that it is similar to the hand reading, and hand reading is not the same as casting lots.
You said that you don't know how the Urim and Thummin works so it could have included hand-reading. Note that the Urim and Thummin are two words just as hand-reading calls for the reader to look at two hands. Both hands have to be looked at because each hand shows different traits as compared with the opposite hand. That's why the Urim and Thummin are two words instead of one.
I'm sure you've seen other verses that show the significance of numerology. In this case, the numerical significance of the Urim and Thummin and hand-reading. Now you see the connection.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You said that you don't know how the Urim and Thummin works so it could have included hand-reading.
It is highly unlikely that it would include hand-reading as the units themselves were being used in the process, the text does not indicate that they were being used in conjunction with some sort of hand-reading.
Note that the Urim and Thummin are two words
Not words, units, likely some sort of stone or stone like unit.
just as hand-reading calls for the reader to look at two hands. Both hands have to be looked at because each hand shows different traits as compared with the opposite hand. That's why the Urim and Thummin are two words instead of one.
Similar actions don't equate to being the same reasons or processes. Both walking and swimming involve moving the legs but in different manners for different reasons.
I'm sure you've seen other verses that show the significance of numerology. In this case, the numerical significance of the Urim and Thummin and hand-reading. Now you see the connection.
Sorry, I don't see that there is a connection. I see the reaching to make it fit to be a connection, but I don't agree that they are in fact connected.

Upvote 0

Monastic1952

Dec 26, 2023
Honolulu
✟3,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
It is highly unlikely that it would include hand-reading as the units themselves were being used in the process, the text does not indicate that they were being used in conjunction with some sort of hand-reading.

Not words, units, likely some sort of stone or stone like unit.

Similar actions don't equate to being the same reasons or processes. Both walking and swimming involve moving the legs but in different manners for different reasons.

Sorry, I don't see that there is a connection. I see the reaching to make it fit to be a connection, but I don't agree that they are in fact connected.
In that case, the conclusive proof would come from Proverbs 3:16, and I quote"Long life is in the right hand, and in the left hand are riches and honor." This obviously correlates with the hand-reading principle that both hands have to be looked at, because each hand exhibits different traits as compared with the opposite hand. Proverbs 3:16

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In that case, the conclusive proof would come from Proverbs 3:16, and I quote"Long life is in the right hand, and in the left hand are riches and honor." This obviously correlates with the hand-reading principle that both hands have to be looked at, because each hand exhibits different traits as compared with the opposite hand. Proverbs 3:16
I don't believe that the verse is intended to be read as a manual for palm reading. Many (most) of the Proverbs are meant to be read as a manual for right living, not as a literal promise or direction. The passage quoted, when read in context of the chapter, is comparing Wisdom to a queen, anthropomorphizing the ideas being taught.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Monastic1952

Dec 26, 2023
Honolulu
✟3,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't believe that the verse is intended to be read as a manual for palm reading. Many (most) of the Proverbs are meant to be read as a manual for right living, not as a literal promise or direction. The passage quoted, when read in context of the chapter, is comparing Wisdom to a queen, anthropomorphizing the ideas being taught.
With all due respect to you, sir, you are ignoring the whole point of the verse. Because the reference to hand-reading is so obvious. You had insisted on the actual mention of hands, so I have provided it to you. Yet now you ignore it. The reference is so obvious. Why else would traits be quoted as exhibited in Separate hands?

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
With all due respect to you, sir, you are ignoring the whole point of the verse. Because the reference to hand-reading is so obvious. You had insisted on the actual mention of hands, so I have provided it to you. Yet now you ignore it. The reference is so obvious. Why else would traits be quoted as exhibited in Separate hands?
With all due respect to you, you are ignoring the rest of the chapter to single out a verse that alone would seem to support your theory, but in context does not. In context the verses are not talking about literally wealth in one hand and life in the other, it is part of the passage speaking on Wisdom in allegorical ways.

Proverbs 3 (NIV)

1 My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart,
2 for they will prolong your life many years and bring you peace and prosperity.
3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.
4 Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.
8 This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.
9 Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops;
10 then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.
11 My son, do not despise the LORD’s discipline, and do not resent his rebuke,
12 because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.
13 Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding,
14 for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold.
15 She is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her.
16 Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor.
17 Her ways are pleasant ways, and all her paths are peace.
18 She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her; those who hold her fast will be blessed.
19 By wisdom the LORD laid the earth’s foundations, by understanding he set the heavens in place;
20 by his knowledge the watery depths were divided, and the clouds let drop the dew.
21 My son, do not let wisdom and understanding out of your sight, preserve sound judgment and discretion;
22 they will be life for you, an ornament to grace your neck.
23 Then you will go on your way in safety, and your foot will not stumble.
24 When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
25 Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked,
26 for the LORD will be at your side and will keep your foot from being snared.
27 Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act.
28 Do not say to your neighbor, “Come back tomorrow and I’ll give it to you”— when you already have it with you.
29 Do not plot harm against your neighbor, who lives trustfully near you.
30 Do not accuse anyone for no reason— when they have done you no harm.
31 Do not envy the violent or choose any of their ways.
32 For the LORD detests the perverse but takes the upright into his confidence.
33 The LORD’s curse is on the house of the wicked, but he blesses the home of the righteous.
34 He mocks proud mockers but shows favor to the humble and oppressed.
35 The wise inherit honor, but fools get only shame.

Upvote 0

Monastic1952

Dec 26, 2023
Honolulu
✟3,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
With all due respect to you, you are ignoring the rest of the chapter to single out a verse that alone would seem to support your theory, but in context does not. In context the verses are not talking about literally wealth in one hand and life in the other, it is part of the passage speaking on Wisdom in allegorical ways.

Proverbs 3 (NIV)

1 My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart,
2 for they will prolong your life many years and bring you peace and prosperity.
3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.
4 Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.
8 This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.
9 Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops;
10 then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.
11 My son, do not despise the LORD’s discipline, and do not resent his rebuke,
12 because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.
13 Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding,
14 for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold.
15 She is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her.
16 Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor.
17 Her ways are pleasant ways, and all her paths are peace.
18 She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her; those who hold her fast will be blessed.
19 By wisdom the LORD laid the earth’s foundations, by understanding he set the heavens in place;
20 by his knowledge the watery depths were divided, and the clouds let drop the dew.
21 My son, do not let wisdom and understanding out of your sight, preserve sound judgment and discretion;
22 they will be life for you, an ornament to grace your neck.
23 Then you will go on your way in safety, and your foot will not stumble.
24 When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
25 Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked,
26 for the LORD will be at your side and will keep your foot from being snared.
27 Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act.
28 Do not say to your neighbor, “Come back tomorrow and I’ll give it to you”— when you already have it with you.
29 Do not plot harm against your neighbor, who lives trustfully near you.
30 Do not accuse anyone for no reason— when they have done you no harm.
31 Do not envy the violent or choose any of their ways.
32 For the LORD detests the perverse but takes the upright into his confidence.
33 The LORD’s curse is on the house of the wicked, but he blesses the home of the righteous.
34 He mocks proud mockers but shows favor to the humble and oppressed.
35 The wise inherit honor, but fools get only shame.
Although I could present another rebuttal, I will refrain, in acknowledgement of your patience and tactfulness. I don't like to debate since it often leads to pride, and I try to practice humility. Thank you for responding tactfully.
At this point, I should instead present a praise report. Thanks to the prayers of those on this forum, my housing has been recertified successfully. After all, avoidance of homelessness is always a concern.
Another tremendous blessing in my life is the Christian (specifically
Catholic) Charity which runs the local Senior Center that has enabled me to introduce Christian-Cribbage as one of its senior activities. The group has lasted for a year already. Thank you to Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Although I could present another rebuttal, I will refrain, in acknowledgement of your patience and tactfulness. I don't like to debate since it often leads to pride, and I try to practice humility. Thank you for responding tactfully.
At this point, I should instead present a praise report. Thanks to the prayers of those on this forum, my housing has been recertified successfully. After all, avoidance of homelessness is always a concern.
Another tremendous blessing in my life is the Christian (specifically
Catholic) Charity which runs the local Senior Center that has enabled me to introduce Christian-Cribbage as one of its senior activities. The group has lasted for a year already. Thank you to Jesus Christ.
Fair enough, thank you for conversing with me. Honestly it has been nice and I appreciate your kindness. I am so happy to read that your prayers were answered for housing.

Upvote 0