Jesus :) what do you want us to believe?

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Notice that to 4 of those 13 statements, you said "this is Evangelical Christianity 101"
Well, that may seem like common sense to you.
But I don't come from such a background."

What "Background you come from" isn't particularly important to the discussion. All I was pointing out is that "orthodox" Christianity also teaches those things, in the same way, and to the same degree. SO - they're really not specifically related to "WoF" specific beliefs at all. Just "Normal Christianity" as taught and practiced by the majority of "Evangelical Churches". NONE of them depend on one being affiliated with a "WoF" group.

What NEEDS to be pointed out, however, is that true Born Again "Salvation" is, in itself, a PERFECT demonstration of Biblical WoF -

That's to say that YOUR SALVATION is YOURS by FAITH - even though you have NEVER rreally "Seen" it, you POSSES THE SUBSTANCE of it - by faith, and you TELL people in total confidence that: "I'm a child of the King, Blood bought, PERFECT in the sight of God by FAITH, and heaven bound when I die".

AND there's NO Tangible EVIDENCE of any of that - except for the FAITH that makes it a PRESENT REALITY for you - even though you won't actually experience it - until you're dead.

Faith is the SUBSTANCE of the thing hoped for, and the EVIDENCE of the thing not seen.

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you
that love is the primary thing.
Never said that. For in fact, love is the only thing that matters.

However, how do you define love?
LITTLE-children :clap: of God, especially pre-speech can't tell/define for you love.
And no defining is necessary; when you know how to live love: Matthew 18:3
"Except you TURN, and become as little-children (in the heart), you never can enter Heaven"
This is me to a T, & I'm loved :hug: for these YOUNG-child-heart qualities by :hug: friends

iow,
with all our soul+mind+body live...love

Forgive me if I am wrong here, but it seems to me that
you are defining love as a lack of conflict, or complete harmony, or complete agreement.
If you mean something else, please correct me.

Jesus had much conflict in His life, so much so that
He was eventually executed because of it. Yet He walked in love.

I define love this way: Love for God = love for Gods Word:..."
re Love, God/Jesus showed in the Bible 2 types of people:

the Old-testament type: Pharisees
Pharisees were only 'righteous' on the outside, fulfilling the letter of the law, but not the spirit of the law.
Jesus said of the Pharisees in Matthew 23:27: "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
for ye indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness."

The Pharisees thought merely following superficial demands of law was enough to make them righteous in the eyes of God. They practice (& beat others lifeless) over their strict legalism.

and
the Reborn NEW-testament :thumbsup: type: LOOK for :thumbsup: & SEE the Best :hug:
Choose remembering how Life starts: Soul plus Mind plus body, &
thus find
Matthew 18:3 EASY to follow Jesus to heaven here,

about 10 here in CF I share ^ this :hug: with, & only 1 calls himself 'wof' = Andre.

The Bible itself is just a physical representation of that Spiritual Word,
which we can see/hear with our physical senses.

That is why you were able to hear the Word as a child, even without a Bible.
No, that 'see/hear with physical senses' was not it.

God/Jesus I ONLY get LOVE from, starting from when I was Created, and as a LITTLE-child.

Anybody is invited to experience :thumbsup: this ^ for yourself.

Love for one another =
treating others in the way we want to be treated
This is Great! :thumbsup: in the actually Reborn :clap:
iow, holding self in the same high-esteem which God holds us His LITTLE-children: Thinking Good of self same as God does.
Such that recognizing the good in our self, we can as well LOOK for :thumbsup: & SEE the Best :hug: in others.

(Those not yet reborn, as most, are left with little cliques,
they hide in, & shut all others out
. <- not
God's gospel.)

And why as the truly Reborn (incldg. a few in that wof-church) we can share :hug: heaven. :amen:

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What "Background you come from" isn't particularly important, to the discussion.
Hallo,

How very important background can be touched as I was by God's :angel: LOVE...
which helped me not only endure others untold insanity, but beyond them thrive...
yet in order to know, you need to first Lovingly-care :thumbsup: about another.

by faith, you TELL people in total confidence that: "I'm a child of the King, Blood bought, PERFECT in the sight of God by FAITH, and heaven bound when I die".

AND there's NO Tangible EVIDENCE of any of that -
except for the FAITH that makes it a PRESENT REALITY for you -
even though you won't actually experience it - until you're dead.

Faith is the SUBSTANCE of the thing hoped for, and the EVIDENCE of the thing not seen.
Agreed.
in total confidence repeating... this to ourself, while
we yet "tell" others, is a positive mental exercise.

And yet beyond such talk, talk, talk, & yet more talk,
countless opportunities await for helping others enjoy their own experience of God's :angel: LOVE... right here on earth
as we help people heal :thumbsup: & teach yet further :clap: it makes for heaven right here. :amen:

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"the scripture says that God has given every christian the measure of faith."

What the Bible really says is "Measured" (or dispensed) Faith. One might interpret that as "Faith dispensed according to the need, & according to God's will".

Upvote 0