Jesus taught the "Mysteries of God" to a few in secret.

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The message of Jesus The Christ is fairly simple. Believe in God and let the Holy Spirit do its thing for yourself and the rest of humanity, in other words, LIVE ACCORDING TO THE GOOD. But that's the general message of Jesus. We Christians struggle with that SIMPLICITY, of living by the greater good with all of our brothers and sisters and the rest of mankind, that the spiritual works are something most of us don't get to even hear about. In fact, most of DONT CARE. Jesus taught a secret doctrine to the mature in faith, like Paul mentioned. That's because not EVERYONE is ready to understand. The secret doctrine is about working on the Temple not made with human hands. It is a spiritual work between a man and a woman (husband and wife), the reason Jesus' main teachings were about matrimony and family.

Jeo7, thank you for revealing this "secret" doctrine. By doing so you have betrayed the Lord Jesus who told it in secret to his closest disciples! May God have mercy on your soul!!

For everyone else, Jeo7's revelation about this so-called secret truth is total and utter nonsense. "Secret" doctrine does nothing except make the person who believes it feel more important than others; this is a prime example.

"Working on the temple not made with human hands" may be inferred from scripture, but that temple is actually referred to as the place where God dwells, as opposed to the physical temple that was the center point of Jewish worship. God lives in our hearts by faith, and he "builds the temple" within us. There is no scriptural basis whatsoever for saying that it is a spiritual work between a man and a woman -- none.

Also, Jeo7, if you think that Jesus' main teachings were about matrimony and family, then you had better read the Gospels again.

Upvote 0

Norah63

Jun 29, 2011
everlasting hills
✟14,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Whosoever will may come, there is no secret. Shout it from the rooftops, its good news!
Jesus Christ the son of God has came and suffered an died, is risen and sits at the right hand of the Father. Eternal life awaits those who agree. It is finished. Walk in faith to serve.
Dont know much about gnostic. Just that every one is given a measure of faith, enough to agree with the truth of Jesus Christ. Scripture is like a yardstick. You will build a better house (life) if you have
something to guide. It will always be confirmed by the Holy Spirit to your spirit, if we are willing.
Come quickly Lord Jesus.

Upvote 0

RBPerry

Christian Baby Boomer
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2013
Northern California
✟86,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Also, Jeo7, if you think that Jesus' main teachings were about matrimony and family, then you had better read the Gospels again.

I agree Jeo7 is a off base here. I would like to make a humble suggestion to you. Get grounded very well in the Bible before venturing off into the Gnostic beliefs, and the Nag Hammurabi scrolls. If you are digging through those scrolls, remember they are very fragmented so in many of them you won't get the complete message.

I also believe there are many spiritual issues we are not met to understand or even have knowledge of. One of the things Jesus warned us about is sorcery, I'm not implying that you are involved in it but is could be and easy step if you start studding the NDE and other material that is out there.

God Bless

Upvote 0

Jeo7

Apr 5, 2014
✟725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Jeo7, thank you for revealing this "secret" doctrine. By doing so you have betrayed the Lord Jesus who told it in secret to his closest disciples! May God have mercy on your soul!!

For everyone else, Jeo7's revelation about this so-called secret truth is total and utter nonsense. "Secret" doctrine does nothing except make the person who believes it feel more important than others; this is a prime example.

"Working on the temple not made with human hands" may be inferred from scripture, but that temple is actually referred to as the place where God dwells, as opposed to the physical temple that was the center point of Jewish worship. God lives in our hearts by faith, and he "builds the temple" within us. There is no scriptural basis whatsoever for saying that it is a spiritual work between a man and a woman -- none.

I did not, and i would not throw pearls in the open for pigs who don't know how to use it. Dood, you need to remember Jesus DID NOT teach a dogma to his followers. But a message of Love and brotherhood. If we as Christians cannot do that simple task, to love ALL of our brothers and sisters, and the rest of humanity as we do to God and ourselves, how can we TRULY learn the secrets of spirituality. For example, im making an example of the mockery you do in my name. I respect you as a brother, but i would love to see the same respect from you. Much Love bro.

Upvote 0

Jeo7

Apr 5, 2014
✟725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

And brother, in order to help you understand about the teachings of the **Perfect Matrimony** that Jesus specifically taught to a married couple. The MAIN message of spirituality.
Read about Jesus and the Sumaritan Woman. Be compasionate and TRY to understand your other brothers who think different from you and your church. I don't have to waste my time for people like you brother, but give others a chance who are seeking to find.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And brother, in order to help you understand about the teachings of the **Perfect Matrimony** that Jesus specifically taught to a married couple. The MAIN message of spirituality.
Read about Jesus and the Sumaritan Woman. Be compasionate and TRY to understand your other brothers who think different from you and your church. I don't have to waste my time for people like you brother, but give others a chance who are seeking to find.

Where do you find this teaching about "perfect matrimony"? Do you have a scriptural reference? Are you saying that this teaching, wherever it may be, is the most important of Jesus' words to a fallen world? IMHO it certainly is not. When Jesus was asked what was the most important commandment, he responded "‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. The second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ " There is no mention of matrimony!

Also, this is a public forum, open to all who agree to the guidelines. You can post what you want but you must also be open to disagreements about what you say.

Upvote 0

Jeo7

Apr 5, 2014
✟725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Where do you find this teaching about "perfect matrimony"? Do you have a scriptural reference? Are you saying that this teaching, wherever it may be, is the most important of Jesus' words to a fallen world? IMHO it certainly is not. When Jesus was asked what was the most important commandment, he responded "‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. The second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ " There is no mention of matrimony!

Also, this is a public forum, open to all who agree to the guidelines. You can post what you want but you must also be open to disagreements about what you say.

That's where the ORAL, let's call it oral not secret. The ORAL doctrine comes to play. It's a spiritual work for the mature in faith. Paul taught it, Jesus taught it, all saints and disciples ofChrist taught the MMYSTERIES to the few.

Upvote 0

Jeo7

Apr 5, 2014
✟725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
:thumbsup:
Come on guys, top feeding the troll.

What kind of loving supporting Christian are you? Calling me a troll for what reason? Have you tried understanding what I'm saying? Because I can say, "I should stop throwing pearls to PIGS" or "how great are these fools who utter their minds, and have no delight for understanding."
But no, I am not that type of Christian brother. Be compassionate and instead of calling me names, TRY to learn from me and all your brothers. Much love bro.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That's where the ORAL, let's call it oral not secret. The ORAL doctrine comes to play. It's a spiritual work for the mature in faith. Paul taught it, Jesus taught it, all saints and disciples ofChrist taught the MMYSTERIES to the few.

This kind of thing can lead to all kinds of misunderstandings and heresies. Protestants believe in sola scriptura the doctrine that Scripture alone is authoritative for the faith and practice of the Christian. Oral and/or secret teachings that go beyond what is written in God's word have no validity. Sola scriptura is the only way to avoid subjectivity and keep "mysteries" from taking priority over the teachings of the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeo7

Apr 5, 2014
✟725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
This kind of thing can lead to all kinds of misunderstandings and heresies. Protestants believe in sola scriptura the doctrine that Scripture alone is authoritative for the faith and practice of the Christian. Oral and/or secret teachings that go beyond what is written in God's word have no validity. Sola scriptura is the only way to avoid subjectivity and keep "mysteries" from taking priority over the teachings of the Bible.

Brother, I'm Jewish, and we don't have a problem with the Jewish oral traditions that adds such clarity to what the old testament is talking about. Jesus was Jewish, he taught the same principles.

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Brother, I'm Jewish, and we don't have a problem with the Jewish oral traditions that adds such clarity to what the old testament is talking about. Jesus was Jewish, he taught the same principles.

So, you have received formal rabbinical training and yet you are a Christian? That's really cool!

But, as Pescador says, we gentile Protestants rely on what is written in the bible and on the traditions of the Christian church. The history of the oral tradition, which is called the Talmud by the way, is murky. Our specific problem is that God gave the people of Israel certain laws that are written in the Torah. But, when the temple was destroyed, the Jewish religion created this "oral tradition" that changes God's rules.

I realize that it is a pragmatic response to the reality of the world and you think that this "oral tradition" is valid, but perhaps God was telling you something when he allowed his temple to be destroyed. But, as the bible tells us, you are a stiff-necked people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I also am a Jew, but have rejected Judaism primarily because it has strayed so far from God. Much of the oral tradition is the invention of men not of God. Beyond that, Christianity is fundamentally a relationship with God; it is entirely different from "head" knowledge. You can have all the teachings of men that you want, but in Christ I live, move, and have my being.

Upvote 0

Omena

Brother
Oct 17, 2012
Holetown
✟15,863.00
Faith
Christian
I think, Jeo, that you need to be careful of pride slipping in here. Perhaps the Holy Spirit revealed a truth to you about marriage, and if so that's great, but we need to be careful not to "lord over people" the things that we learn from the Holy Spirit, because sometimes those things are just for us as individuals, and I would say that's certainly the case in situations where there is no scriptural reference to back up your revelation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So did Paul....but unfortunately such teachings were made a HERASY to God, guess by who? The Romans and early church leaders. Why? Because it gave "to much power" to the people, as written in many accounts by these individuals.
Yes, these teachings are not "Orthodox" as i just expained why. These teachings are not written down, they're passed down from teacher to student, just as the Jews have an Oral tradition, so did Jesus.
*Hint: He was a Jew.
Read Mark 4, Matthew 13....Read what Paul says in 1 Corinthians 2 where he states that the "Mysteries" are for the mature.
What are these "Mysteries"??? They're all in the old testament, and Jesus spoke about them in PARABLES, but only those who have ears to hear, will hear, and those with eyes to see, will see.
At one point, the early Christians knew about these teachings, not the common Christians who knew the basics, but the mature in their faith, who were killed even AFTER Rome became a Christian Empire. Ask youselves why.....

I'm sorry brother, but this isn't true. The Lord Himself refuted this idea:

John 18:20 Jesus answered him, "I have spoken openly to the world. I have always taught in synagogues and in the temple, where all Jews come together. I have said nothing in secret.

Upvote 0

Jeo7

Apr 5, 2014
✟725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm sorry brother, but this isn't true. The Lord Himself refuted this idea:

John 18:20 Jesus answered him, "I have spoken openly to the world. I have always taught in synagogues and in the temple, where all Jews come together. I have said nothing in secret.

He didn't ! You're right. But he explained it in secret, only to his disciples (Mark 4).
Everything he taught was said in the open, but not everyone can understand and perceive what he talked about (Matthew 13:9-15).

Upvote 0

Jeo7

Apr 5, 2014
✟725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think, Jeo, that you need to be careful of pride slipping in here. Perhaps the Holy Spirit revealed a truth to you about marriage, and if so that's great, but we need to be careful not to "lord over people" the things that we learn from the Holy Spirit, because sometimes those things are just for us as individuals, and I would say that's certainly the case in situations where there is no scriptural reference to back up your revelation.

Im not, believe me. I didnt come here to be made a fool like most of you see me here. I'm really trying my best to share it and explain it brother. There's a few who im currently discussing this in a PM. Everything is in the scrptures, again we need the EYES to perceive and the EARS to understand.

Upvote 0

Jeo7

Apr 5, 2014
✟725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I also am a Jew, but have rejected Judaism primarily because it has strayed so far from God. Much of the oral tradition is the invention of men not of God. Beyond that, Christianity is fundamentally a relationship with God; it is entirely different from "head" knowledge. You can have all the teachings of men that you want, but in Christ I live, move, and have my being.

And i respect that brother with all my heart. And it is not just us Jews who have strayed away from God, it's the rest of the world. We have become ether fanaticals of the Word, or not involved at all with the Word of God.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Never forget that when Jesus spoke to people it was before he gave the Holy Spirit to believers. Before Jesus returned to heaven he said "I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I am going away. For if I do not go away, the Advocate will not come to you, but if I go, I will send him to you...But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth."

There is no such thing as secret knowledge that Jesus gives to only a few people. That is unscriptural and establishes another priesthood that is similar to the Old Covenant hierarchy. Peter told us that "[we] are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation", not some of us, all of us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0