ozell

Jun 28, 2007
chicago il
✟5,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
=GodIsGreat2me;56737971]They knew and preached the law of the flesh. As given by God to moses

what is this that you lay at Moses feet?

Please show this to me in the bible?

you are saying the God gave Moses the law of the flesh?

I know you misspoke but if you did not please give proof.

Jesus knew and preached the law of the Spirit. As given by God to Jesus.

what is the law of the spirit the Moses received from God?

Upvote 0

ozell

Jun 28, 2007
chicago il
✟5,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You asked the question...I gave you the Lord's answer. You asked how? I answered faith. Faith in the one he sent...Christ! The love that we have for our neighbours etc is not us..it's the Holy spirit. It is the Holy Spirit's doing as what the bible says...not ours. If one doesn't believe that then perhaps they fare unable to hear what the Lord is telling them and therefore are not his sheep (the sheep hear his voice and follow him) therefore not saved.

Sister C
You asked the question...I gave you the Lord's answer. You asked how? I answered faith.

and thank you for answering, answering with wisdom, but mostly will respect and calm. I appreciate it alot

Faith is a part of the requirements for salvation, without faith in Jesus none of us have a thing coming from God.

you said if they are unable to hear

I put Rom 10 because Paul tells us that we have to hear about Jesus to beleive in him.

and Jesus gave an example of those who believe and did not hear

Matthew 7

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

this is why we have so many denomination, this is why it is written

Matthew 24:11
And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

1 John 4:1
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Jesus said this and had John write it.

why?

becuase Jesus had Paul write

2 Corinthians 11:4
For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

who is preaching the another Jesus, or another spirit? they are out there because Jesus said so and he had hos servants write about them being among us even today.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
G

gideons300

righteousness is keeping the commandments of God you can read in in Deut 6 from Moses own mouth!!!

where do you read the righteousness of Jesus becomes our righteousness?
Brother, great care must be taken to not run back under the law that never set one man free. The law is like a cruel master that may keep us from outward sin, but does nothing to control the inner heart from which the sinful actions come. It offers no life, no joy, and the entire gospel is clear that we must cast out the bondswomen with her son, the law given on Sinai, that we might be married to another, the covenant of grace thru faith.

It is sad indeed that so many have found contentment with Jesus but show no signs of wanting to get freed from the sins that put Him on the cross. No wonder many think that the discipline of the law is what its needed to rectify the situation. But this must be avoided at all costs.

Paul told the Galatians that if they even gave heed to being circumcised in accordance wth the the law, they had fallen from grace and the death of Chrust would profit them nothing.

What provision does the law make for freing us from lust, or greed, or avarice or coventousness? None. Oh, we mught be good Pharisees and outwardly, keep our bodies under. But the inside of our cup will still be filled with filth of the fallen nature.

There is but one way to get clean, from the inside out. But make no mistake, all who read these words, Jesus didn't save us so we could get to Heaven and still be content with sin in our lives. He saved us so that he might purify unto Himself a people for a praise, a people who love the light and hate the evil.

Blessings,

Bruce

Upvote 0

patience7

Oct 11, 2010
Louisiana
✟9,906.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Our righteousness is not by anything we do. It is given to us because we believe God.

Romans 3:20-22 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets. Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe for there is no difference.

Romans 4:3-5 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly his faith is counted for righteousness.

Romans 4:21,22 And (Abraham) being fully persuaded that what he (God) had promised he was able also to perform. And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

Romans 10:3,4 But they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believeth.
Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

So our righteousness is freely given to us by God because we believe and have faith in God and what was accomplished by his Son, Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Silver2001

Feb 5, 2011
SP
✟15,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Our righteousness is not by anything we do. It is given to us because we believe God.

Romans 3:20-22 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets. Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe for there is no difference.

Romans 4:3-5 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly his faith is counted for righteousness.

Romans 4:21,22 And (Abraham) being fully persuaded that what he (God) had promised he was able also to perform. And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

Romans 10:3,4 But they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believeth.
Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

So our righteousness is freely given to us by God because we believe and have faith in God and what was accomplished by his Son, Jesus Christ.

Believing here is referred in these scriptures not only the act of saying that you believe, but it is strictly on your actions of believing; which is hearing and obeying God's voice.
Those are excellent verses, however it is important to remember that the only way we are able to be free from the law, is by living in the Father and the Father living in us, hearing and obeying His voice, as Jesus prayed for us in John 17.

Upvote 0

ozell

Jun 28, 2007
chicago il
✟5,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

what is this righteousness you think God Freely gives to us?

why only the people who believe in him has it and those who don't believe are without it?

this sound like a respecter of persons?

Upvote 0

Divinah

Jul 11, 2006
Bakersfield, Ca.
Visit site
✟8,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My dear, you are making this far too complicated.

In reading the initially posted scripture and the question: "what is righteousness?"

It's obvious these are baited questions. Some of what you asked could be debated to no end amongst believers...
Let me break it down for you:

If you bring these questions to God with the diligence you do here, you will be answered. If you make effort to apply the promises, you so inquiringly post, to your life you will reap the harvest mentioned there in.

YOU WILL THEN be a POSSESSOR of the LAW...not a hearer...not an inquirer...:) Blessings.

Proverbs 21:2 (King James Version)
Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD weighs the hearts.

Psalm 131:1 TNIV
My heart is not proud,
Lord, my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
or things too wonderful for me.

Upvote 0

patience7

Oct 11, 2010
Louisiana
✟9,906.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
what is this righteousness you think God Freely gives to us?

why only the people who believe in him has it and those who don't believe are without it?

this sound like a respecter of persons?

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly his faith is counted for righteousness.

But they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believeth.

Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe for there is no difference.

Upvote 0

Divinah

Jul 11, 2006
Bakersfield, Ca.
Visit site
✟8,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Firstly OZEL,

The context of your questions is ignorant and should not be legitimized with an actual SCRIPTURAL RESPONSE...'sounds like a respector of persons?' you said...

The context of that scripture is this: Acts10:34Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
...which entails 'acceptance of Christ' which is what you just tried to contradict with it.

You don't even make an intelligent effort to create the confusion you do here.

HERE's YOUR SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY: 6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

I have very little patience for this sort of thing. I'm always amazed with people who, under the cowardice guise of inquisitivenes...seek actually to create confusion and in the process, display such an unreasonably overactive preoccupation with the LIVING WORD they so diligently seek to ...confuse. NOW THERE'S A CONTRADICTION!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ozell

Jun 28, 2007
chicago il
✟5,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Firstly OZEL,

The context of your questions is ignorant and should not be legitimized with an actual SCRIPTURAL RESPONSE...'sounds like a respector of persons?' you said...

The context of that scripture is this: Acts10:34Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
...which entails 'acceptance of Christ' which is what you just tried to contradict with it.

You don't even make an intelligent effort to create the confusion you do here.

HERE's YOUR SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY: 6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

I have very little patience for this sort of thing. I'm always amazed with people who, under the cowardice guise of inquisitivenes...seek actually to create confusion and in the process, display such an unreasonably overactive preoccupation with the LIVING WORD they so diligently seek to ...confuse. NOW THERE'S A CONTRADICTION!

how about answering the questions or participate in the discussion.
at least give your understanding. what denominational doctrine are you answering with

Upvote 0

ozell

Jun 28, 2007
chicago il
✟5,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly his faith is counted for righteousness.

But they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believeth.

Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe for there is no difference.

what law?

people are still transgressing the law

when will the law end?

we know for a fact it did not end on the cross

faith and righteouness are different words meaning
different things.

Upvote 0

patience7

Oct 11, 2010
Louisiana
✟9,906.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
(1John 3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law

Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.)

It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that count.

Keep reading:

1 John 3:5-7 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither know him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

The "doeth righteousness", in reference to all the other verses on righteousness, is to believe God.

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believeth.

Upvote 0

patience7

Oct 11, 2010
Louisiana
✟9,906.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
what law?

when will the law end?

we know for a fact it did not end on the cross

faith and righteouness are different words meaning
different things.

People will always sin "in the flesh". It is the "spirit" that God looks upon.

I'm done. You just need to read the scriptures that have been posted.

I will leave with this:

Romans 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ozell

Jun 28, 2007
chicago il
✟5,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

People will always sin "in the flesh". It is the "spirit" that God looks upon.

I'm done. You just need to read the scriptures that have been posted.

I will leave with this:

Romans 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

i will ask u the same question again

what is Jesus righteousness?

what is man's righteousness?

if u can't answer maybe u ought to do what u said.

you are not telling me what righteousness is

Upvote 0

patience7

Oct 11, 2010
Louisiana
✟9,906.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Righteousness is our right standing before God.

But I didn't come back to further this conversation - I came back because I found another verse for you -

1 Timothy 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers, murderers of mothers, for manslayers, . . .

Think on that, ozell. Its been nice conversing with you.

Upvote 0

keepinitsimple

Mat 18:3
Jun 2, 2006
Missouri
✟7,909.00
Faith
Pentecostal

ozell, instead of continually asking everyone questions you should try answering theirs..
Since the bible teaches us that our righteousness is as filthy rags. The question might be better asked: What is an upright heart?
This is what Paul had shown in Romans, but is found more in the OT..

By the way the Lord is our Righteousness.. Can you explain this?

Upvote 0

keepinitsimple

Mat 18:3
Jun 2, 2006
Missouri
✟7,909.00
Faith
Pentecostal
actually i answered most of the questions
i really dont expect mine to be answered
i asked the question i wanted answered, your question is a good question, i did not thonk of it.

asking questions is a good way of getting people to think. if i came with answers people would still complain.

to answer your question

Jesus is our commandments

righteousness is the commandments.

Take a close look at the verses below. In it you will find an upright heart..

Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Rom 7:13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

There is the law! This is why we follow the two laws Jesus gave.. Jesus fulfilled the law and through faith we walk in His Love following after the Spirit..

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Though I am not under the law Yet I am not without the law..
Love is a fulfilling of the law..

The Spirit will never lead to sin but from sin..
To be under the law is death, but to walk and follow after the Spirit is life..
I hope you take time to look to the Lord with this, for it is what the Lord has given..

To God be the Glory and Praise!
God bless

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Mod Hat On

dr-seuss-cat-in-hat.jpg

This thread has been cleaned.
Please remember to post in line with the Statement of Faith for this forum.
Thanks.

Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0