Jesus... King of kings... Lord of lords... the Son of God? Jesus and God as one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
rkbo:

Sound doctrine !
Are you telling me that your triune god has three eyes and three ears and three arms , etc ? ?

God said that he created and made man in his own image !

Are you going to call the doctrine that you are proclaiming as being sound doctrine ?

I will gladly discuss the words of Jesus Christ with you, in the gospels, and we will see whoes words and theology is of sound doctrine - shall we ?

Love IN Christ - Hervey

Upvote 0

edjones

Jan 15, 2002
✟1,549.00
John 14:20 "At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you."

John 14:17 says the Holy Ghost dwells within the believer. Now verse 20 says Jesus Christ dwells within the believer also. II Corinthians 13:5 and Colossians 1:27 confirms this. Then, Ephesians 4:6 informs us that God the Father is in us. Furthermore, II John 9 tell us that we possess both the Father and the Son! So a believer is indwelt by The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. If there is no Trinity then things are getting a mite crowded in our bodies!

The greatest single proof text on the Trinity is I John 5:7 which plainly states, For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. Of course this verse is eliminated from most modern translations. The NASV removes the verse and then creates a fraudulent verse seven out of the latter half of verse six. The NIV banishes this divine testimony of the triune God and makes a counterfeit verse seven out of the first few words of verse eight.

If this had been done to a business contract the perpetrators would be called "criminals." When it is done to the Word of God the perpetrators are called "scholars!" If it were done in a business environment someone would go to jail. When it is performed on the Word of God they go to Bible colleges to teach impressionable young men headed for the ministry!

Upvote 0
ED:

The issue here is "sound doctrine", not unsound doctrine, as you have presented !

John 14:17 ? Holy Spirit ? It says - "the Spirit of truth" !

And, if you read the context properly, you will notice that the comforter is coming in the Son's name - John 14:26 , which is Christ, "Christ IN" you the hope of glory !

Romans 8:9 - 11

9) - But ye are not in the flesh , but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of(from ) God dwell in you. (That -- Spirit of God is Christ ) But if any man have not the Spirit of Christ , he is none of his"

10) - But if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin ; but the Spirit (Christ IN You ) is life because of righteousness"

11) - But if the Spirit of(from ) him (God) that raised up Jesus from the dead (Christ IN You )dwelleth in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your motal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you" (Christ IN You )

I John 4:12 - "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth (figuratively) in us, and his love is perfected in us"

Verse 13 - "he has given us of his Spirit" (Christ IN us )

Verse 14 - "Father sent the Son"

Verse 15 - "Whosoever shall confess that Jesus Christ is the Son of God , God dwelleth in him, and he in God"

Love IN Christ - Hervey

Upvote 0

edjones

Jan 15, 2002
✟1,549.00
Jesus best wraps the whole thing up in John 17:22 when He says, and the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one."

Therefore it is quite safe to conclude that there is in deed a "Godhead" which we refer to as the Trinity.

It is also safe to conclude that you can ignore ANYONE who would rend I John 5:7 from the Bible.

Upvote 0

edjones

Jan 15, 2002
✟1,549.00
How The Members of the Trinity Function-
The members of the Trinity work together in complete unity, totally dependant and yet totally interdependence of each other. God the Father is the sovereign ruler of the entire universe, everything operates because of and to fulfill his eternal plan. God the Son takes this plan out of eternity and brings it into time, administering the various aspects of the plan. God the Holy Spirit makes this eternal plan, the will of God, real to men. These functions can be illustrated many times in the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.