Newcastle upon Tyne
✟8,187.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry if I missed the fact that you are a paraplegic, and can understand the difficulties of physically going to church. I believe that the Church is the people - those of us who have accepted the Lord as our Saviour - and that websites like this and online sermons and services can be very helpful, as long as they are preaching the true gospel.

I believe that the Lord still heals today and that He has a future for you. I have had times when I have not wanted to go on living (because of mental/emotional rather than physical issues) but He has brought me through them. I hope you can trust Him and yield your future to Him whatever that might be, but He needs to be the first priority in our lives otherwise we are not letting Him be God (by definition). I'm sorry that you are suffering but I believe that He wants to help you and ease it, but it means trusting Him and doing it His way, which cannot, in my opinion, include assisted dying. I hope that helps some. It is difficult to know what someone else is going through and it is easy to make assumptions on forums like this when we don't actually know the person we're responding to. But I'm glad that you made contact with us here and hope that the various responses you are getting are helpful.

I'm not a paraplegic - I meant 'like' a person with mobility issues who can't regrow limbs - my own disability won't disappear. We each have limits, I require support to reach my full potential.

Resurrecting thread as I've recently been invited to blog here.

Upvote 0
Sep 9, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne
✟8,187.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The tribulation is over. The thoughts and feelings of the past have long gone. Thank you for the blessings and prayers. This morning I finished reading Revelation. I have more reading to do. I have work to begin.

Revelation 22. 15

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm not a paraplegic - I meant 'like' a person with mobility issues who can't regrow limbs - my own disability won't disappear. We each have limits, I require support to reach my full potential.

Resurrecting thread as I've recently been invited to blog here.
I'm sorry that I got that wrong.
The tribulation is over. The thoughts and feelings of the past have long gone. Thank you for the blessings and prayers. This morning I finished reading Revelation. I have more reading to do. I have work to begin.

Revelation 22. 15
Praise God!

Upvote 0