New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you really got hold of that truth.

Jesus inside of us.

Is Jesus silent?

Are we creating too much noise for Him to be heard?

What exactly is He doing in there?

What does He want to do in there?

Why?

God in us...

Our Father inside of us.

Closer than a brother.

Have we fully grasped this.
Check this out from 53:25

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
it is often so difficult to distinguish the presence and action of Jesus within us from our own pious thoughts or intentions. I believe we must commit to inner silence and listening, watchfulness, openness and attentiveness. And be very, very careful about identifying our own stuff as Jesus.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it is often so difficult to distinguish the presence and action of Jesus within us from our own pious thoughts or intentions. I believe we must commit to inner silence and listening, watchfulness, openness and attentiveness. And be very, very careful about identifying our own stuff as Jesus.
We have the scripture to absorb His truths as a yardstick and fellowship to weigh our impressions. Yes it can be challenging to be sure of His voice but hey, His love is always there to correct if necessary.

Upvote 0

HardHead

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2019
GTA
✟84,378.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
13 But Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid, stand firm, and see the deliverance that the LORD will accomplish for you today; for the Egyptians whom you see today you shall never see again. 14 The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to keep still." (Exodus 14:13-14, NRSV)

1 Six days later, Jesus took with him Peter and James and his brother John and led them up a high mountain, by themselves. 2 And he was transfigured before them, and his face shone like the sun, and his clothes became dazzling white. (Matthew 17:1-2, NRSV)

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The two states of being, orphans and widows are all around us. Tons of folk have never had a real father. Tons of folk have experienced deep loss. I think the definition was meant to be very broad...
Thanks Carl. There are a great many divorce orphans in the world. Divorce widows (and widowers) as well.

Upvote 0

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟48,465.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My words in blue
Have you really got hold of that truth.

Jesus inside of us. Christ through the Spirit of Truth.

Is Jesus silent? Truth is silent. It has no needs nor wants to be complete. It waits for us to be absolutely honest/true in mind and heart. In other words, to silence 'self' (our wants and needs), so Truth can merge with us _ 'touch' our heart and mind. Truth illuminates (answers) all that was in the dark (our questions). We have no questions, no need, no wants, because of Truth 'touching' our heart. Christ in us merges with our honesty/truth. We become Christ's way, truth, and life.

The humble and meek are silent. They will inherit the earth.

Are we creating too much noise for Him to be heard? Yes, whenever we are conditional.

What exactly is He doing in there? Being unconditional.

What does He want to do in there? Illuminate the world through our unconditionality.

Why? So others will know that God is here, among us. That we were never alone.

God in us...

Our Father inside of us.

Closer than a brother.

Have we fully grasped this. Most do not realize that grasping is not the way to go, but to 'let go, let God'. We have been grasping everything, instead of accepting everything the way it is.

Most still think we are here for our 'self'.
Most still think that they are the body, instead of only having a body.
Most reference life from 'self' instead from spirit.
Most are grasping for everything else except accepting the truth, for if they did accept the truth, they would lose everything they have spent their whole life grasping for. All for nothing (shock, horror).

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Every time I partake of the Holy Eucharist in which Christ is present, yes then Christ is inside me.
Don't need to eat a wafer for Christ to dwell within us.
The Spirit of the Lord Jesus Christ indwells because we simply ask him to.

"How much more will your heavenly father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask."

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Here is a better way to guarantee you prayers will be answered......

The key issue is "according to His will"

However we have much understanding of what His will is for us. Maybe you could make a study of what we know is His will for you and ask for it !!!

The best way to understand the will of God is to listen to his spirit speaking within.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My words in blue

You are clearly referring to a 'Mystical Jesus' rather than the Jesus of the Bible when you claim "Truth is Silent".

You also claim "The humble and meek are silent. They will inherit the earth."

Jesus is meek and anything but silent.

What you are projecting sounds like a Zen Buddhist 'Jesus'

Truth has substance it is not a 'vacuum'

Jesus - The Word - Logos - is the very mouthpiece of God, ever proclaiming His Glory - ever sustaining the creation with His voice - eternally speaking to the hearts of believers.

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Don't need to eat a wafer for Christ to dwell within us.
The Spirit of the Lord Jesus Christ indwells because we simply ask him to.

"How much more will your heavenly father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask."

Thn you have not the Lord in you you may be a Christian but you are starving to death

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus doesn't enter through some transubstantiation hocus pocus.
Where did I say that? It has been believed since the begging that Christ Real Presence is in the elements, how that happens is a mystery. Do not call what Christ does witchcraft which is very close to the unforgivable sin

Upvote 0

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟48,465.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Misunderstandings about what 'silence' means between us.

Human mind, by its dishonesty, is not silent. It is forever proclaiming its own validity. That is why Jesus often said 'those who have ears to hear'. Meaning, if we hear only what the ear hears, then we would hear the truth.

John 10:26 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

Truth, by its honesty, is silent. It has no need for validation; it is Everything real. Truth is 'known' by us, through faith (also silent). Our 'knowing' of what is true is clear, obvious, and doubtless. In other words, it is silent.

Psalms 46:10 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God;..."

When we are absolutely honest and true (in unconditional faith), Truth merges with our soul/heart. Truth is all knowing what is real. When Truth merges with us, all our issues, agendas, and questions, become answered and resolved _ becoming silent and still (perfect rest in Christ).

NB: I know that my use of words are different to how the bible 'is heard' by many a Christian. The Spirit of Truth guides my articulation. To use anything else would be dishonest. I'd rather be received as honest by a few, than to be welcomed by the majority through dishonesty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Misunderstandings about what 'silence' means between us.

Human mind, by its dishonesty, is not silent. It is forever proclaiming its own validity. That is why Jesus often said 'those who have ears to hear'. Meaning, if we hear only what the ear hears, then we would hear the truth.

John 10:26 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

Truth, by its honesty, is silent. It has no need for validation; it is Everything real. Truth is 'known' by us, through faith (also silent). Our 'knowing' of what is true is clear, obvious, and doubtless. In other words, it is silent.

Psalms 46:10 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God;..."

When we are absolutely honest and true (in unconditional faith), Truth merges with our soul/heart. Truth is all knowing what is real. When Truth merges with us, all our issues, agendas, and questions, become answered and resolved _ becoming silent and still (perfect rest in Christ).

NB: I know that my use of words are different to how the bible 'is heard' by many a Christian. The Spirit of Truth guides my articulation. To use anything else would be dishonest. I'd rather be received as honest by a few, than to be welcomed by the majority through dishonesty.

Faith comes from Hearing the Word of Christ. It is not birthed in silence.

Yes in quietness and confidence is our strength...

And be still and know that I AM God...

However His personal word to us is the Word of Christ and is full or meaning.

• Agree
Reactions: Ahermit
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus inside of us

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

"He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water." John 7:38

What awesome Scriptures

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus inside of us

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

"He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water." John 7:38

What awesome Scriptures

Yep... Thanks...

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Where did I say that? It has been believed since the begging that Christ Real Presence is in the elements, how that happens is a mystery. Do not call what Christ does witchcraft which is very close to the unforgivable sin
If Christ is only in you when you take communion, then pity you, I prefer his constant presence.

Upvote 0