• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Jesus Had The Ability To Sin But Didn't

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by Justified_By_Christ_Alone, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Justified_By_Christ_Alone

Justified_By_Christ_Alone Member

+77
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Jesus came in the form of sinful flesh. He had the same temptations that is common to man. He had illnesses like the common cold and flu like everyone else. And he suffered greatly in his body when he was crucified, it's so important to know just how much he suffered for our sins even though he was innocent, that's why we preach Christ crucified. He had immense suffering. But he never sinned his entire life. The word "flesh" to describe how Jesus came is the exact same word to describe our flesh. And if someone denies this they are actually believing in anti-christ teachings whether knowingly or not (I was guilty of this myself, but then God woke me up), just read the verse below:

1 John 4:3
    “And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.”

EDIT: Sorry I accidently posted this in the wrong category. If a mod can move it I would appreciate it.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. public hermit

public hermit social troglodyte Supporter

+4,802
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Yes, that passage reads like a response to Docetism. Do you suppose there are many that hold that view today? I would think today's prevalence would be the other way around, i.e. a rejection of his divinity.

3. Justified_By_Christ_Alone

+77
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I spoke to a lot of people who do have this view. I think Catholics and Gnostics believe it and some others. A lot of people think it's just semantics, as long as you believe he didn't sin and that he is divine it doesn't matter, but to me the scripture is clear that it is an important issue that needs correction and clarification.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. disciple Clint

disciple Clint Well-Known Member

+1,985
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    He cannot sin because he is divine. He is impeccable. 7. The Impeccability of Christ | Bible.org

5. honey badger

honey badger i am

+296
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    A vessel full of sour wine had been set there. So having put on a stalk of hyssop a sponge filled with sour wine, they brought it to the mouth. Therefore when Jesus took the sour wine, He said "It has been finished." And having bowed the head, He yielded up the spirit.

Jesus when his hour came drank of the cup of fornication ... which is to say he ate of the tree of two fruits ... as in he broke the commandment of His Father by the words he cried out ....

6. Justified_By_Christ_Alone

+77
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    He didn't sin because he is divine. He could have sinned because he was also fully human. I know it sounds like semantics, but it's important to understand the difference.

7. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+27,588
    Anglican
    Married
    Wrong. That would have been to deny or contradict his divine nature, and the two natures were inseparable. To sin would have been impossible.

He could suffer temptation, however, but not sin.

8. Justified_By_Christ_Alone

+77
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    He came in the form of sinful flesh like all of us do... That would not deny his divine nature. His divine nature is proven because he didn't sin. Because he was God himself in the flesh. He suffered temptation because of this. He chose not to sin, sin is a choice.

You need to be careful because you are unknowingly believing in anti-christ doctrine. He had the ability to sin like all of us. He suffered in the same flesh we have for our sins and yet he himself was innocent. The message changes when you say he did not come in the same form of flesh as all of us. That's why we preach Christ crucified. Flesh itself is not sin. The consequences of sin such as death and suffering are found in it, not sin in itself.

1 John 4:3
    "And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world."

9. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+27,588
    Anglican
    Married
    "in the form."
    Yes, he was a complete human except for sin.

Yes, it would. Sin and the perfection that is God are incompatible. This, by the way, is also the view of all the traditional, historic Christian churches; I am not just talking off the top of my head by passing the information along.

10. Justified_By_Christ_Alone

+77
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Well the traditional, historic Christian churches lied to you and I was also decieved by their teachings.

"In the form", yes in the form. Meaning Christ has come in the flesh as 1 John states. That word for flesh is the same word that describes our flesh. And it is simply unbiblical to say it was a different kind of flesh. That also diminishes the suffering he went through for our sins... It is quite sneaky but it is anti-christ doctrine.

11. Justified_By_Christ_Alone

+77
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    He was a complete human like everyone else. What do you mean except for sin? Sin is a choice, he did not sin because he is the messiah. He still carried the SAME flesh as everyone else. He was tempted, he had illnesses, he suffered on the cross, all of those things. The flesh is ugly because of the curse from the original sin, but the flesh itself IS NOT SIN.

12. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+27,588
    Anglican
    Married
    Okay.

13. disciple Clint

disciple Clint Well-Known Member

+1,985
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    He is one person with two natures not two people as you are trying to assert. It is the person who sins and a person who is 100% man and 100% God can not sin.

14. ebedmelech

ebedmelech My dog Micah in the pic Supporter

+634
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    It would be my view that Jesus came in the flesh to prove HE COULD NOT SIN!!!