JESUS goes HOLLYWOOD -- 'Joshua' hits the big screen!

LyleMetsker

<font color=green><b>V.I.P. Member</b></font>
Feb 6, 2002
Visit site
✟7,682.00
Jesus hits the big screen this weekend!

A new movie set to open nationwide today follows the character Joshua as he arrives in small-town Auburn, gets a job as a carpenter and proceeds to perform acts that appear to be miracles, leading many locals to suspect that he may be Christ.

Based on the first novel of Joseph Girzone's multimillion-selling "Joshua" series, "Joshua" is billed as "a modern parable about how compassion and love can bring a community together in unforeseen ways."

Tony Goldwyn ("Bounce" and "Ghost") stars in the G-rated film, along with Academy Award-winner F. Murray Abraham ("Finding Forrester" and "Amadeus") and Giancarlo Giannini ("Hannibal").

Shot last May in Chicago and Rome on a $10 million budget, "Joshua" was produced by Epiphany Films, which specializes in movies with spiritual themes.

"Before I saw the movie," Girzone said, "I was on pins and needles about how it would turn out. But then I saw the film and was deeply moved. Powerful messages were delivered in a gentle and subtle way."

The movie's score was produced by Christian artist Michael W. Smith and features songs by Jaci Velasquez, Point of Grace, Nicole C. Mullen and Amy Grant.

Links to over 100 Christian message boards at:
http://KingdomGospel.com
Home of the Christian Message Board Network!