Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
miamited,

re: "If you're going to account evenings as the Jews did..."

Since that's the time period being discussed, why would any other way be used?

re: "Whichever way you assign evenings to days, then you must be consistent."

If you're suggesting I'm not being consistent, I wonder if you might explain where that is the case?

re: ". He was either in the tomb Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening as we account evening today..."

If by "as we account evening today" you mean a midnight to midnight calendar day, then at least 4 night times would be involved. Is that what you mean?

Hi rstrats

No. I've explained it now twice, I'm not going to keep going over the same information over and over. Go back and read what I said previously until you understand it. Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night according to the Jewish assignment of nights to days.

God bless you,
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi gerhard,

You wrote:
‘THE SIXTH HOUR’(6AM.)

You do realize that the 'sixth hour', in the days of Jesus' visitation to us, was not a reference to 6 a.m., right? Neither would the 'ninth hour' have referred to 9 a.m. or 9 p.m.

God bless you,
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
miamited,

re: "No."

That's ok. I don't think a rule exists that says that you are obligated to answer a poster's questions.

Hi rstrats,

Is this some kind of game of deceit that you're playing? You asked me a question at the end of your post #60. The answer to that question was 'no', which I answered in my post #61. I then continued that I had already answered what you were asking the question about twice already. Besides, is 'no' not an answer?

Is this some game you're playing to claim that I'm not answering your questions? Explain the rules to me, I'd like to play also.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Gerhard Ebersoehn

Aug 22, 2008
✟14,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everything else is straight from the bible. Vis-a-vis the actual determination, if we assume the dates are right then the process is justified.

<<everything else>>
There's very little if not nothing <else> left!

<<straight from the Bible>>
Post#58 of yours, not a word from the Bible, sorry.

<<Vis-a-vis the actual determination>>
I see I see no actual determination though...
Supposing you have actual determinations, they determine whatever according to you must be determined -- not the Scripture...

<<if we assume the dates are right then the process is justified.>>

<<...if we assume...>>
<<the dates>> ...which dates?

<<...if we assume...>>
<the process> ...of assuming?

<<...if we assume...>>
<<the process is justified>>

ja well no ...JUSTIFIED?!

Upvote 0

Gerhard Ebersoehn

Aug 22, 2008
✟14,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
whenever the barley turned green (Abib) was when Nisan began

You meant to say, _when_ <<the barley turned green (Abib) was when Nisan began>>?

...then the barley <<turned green>>? When did it begin turning white and ready to be harvested?
Because harvest began on the 16th day of the First Month, "the day after the sabbath" of the passover, which "sabbath" was the fifteenth day of the First Month the feast day of the passover?
So the barley had 15 days to <<turn green>>, then to turn ripe-white for harvesting?

Upvote 0

Gerhard Ebersoehn

Aug 22, 2008
✟14,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi gerhard,

You wrote:

You do realize that the 'sixth hour', in the days of Jesus' visitation to us, was not a reference to 6 a.m., right? Neither would the 'ninth hour' have referred to 9 a.m. or 9 p.m.

God bless you,
In Christ, Ted

Jesus left the city of the Samaritans and after two days, He departed to Galilee. Then as soon as He arrived in Galilee, the Galileans welcomed Him because they had seen the things that he did at Jerusalem. These people would try to be first to meet Jesus, or they might not be able to come near Him for help. Among them the nobleman whose child who was sick to the point of death, would have been one of the first to find Jesus as early as possible in the morning because it was Jesus' custom to travel very early in the mornings. I need not tell you that; the Gospels rebound with stories of such journeys of Jesus. To be early and the first, is of the essence of this story in particular.

So Jesus told the nobleman he must not worry, but must go home, because He had healed his child and he was healthy already. When the father got home he inquired what time if day his child got better. His servants told him it was the seventh hour.
Now elsewhere in John Jesus said a day has twelve hours. He meant a working day has just so many hours to work. The first hour of work would be from sunrise and the last hour of work would be before sunset. Just logical.
But like in the John 4 example, it is clear that JOHN--not Jesus--, in his Gospel adopted the Roman way for indicating general time ante or post meridian. John 19:14 is no exception.

But just imagine, Jesus having died the ninth hour of daylight normally everybody would have worked, but delivered over to be crucified and killed the sixth hour of daylight normally everybody would have arrived at work.

Yes, I know, you aver it implies Jesus was delivered over on day one midday 'the sixth hour', and next day "the third hour" -- 9 a.m., was crucified and died six hours later the same day "the ninth hour" --3 p.m.--, and still the same day, was buried before sunset.

Flabbergasted I am able only to ask, Where is your Scripture? Therefore, if you are satisfied with the shambles, then be it so. I know in Whom I believe, the Lamb of God, Our Passover who was Killed "on the first day they always had to kill the passover", and whose body, "THAT WHICH REMAINED" of Our Passover Sacrifice, Jesus' body, "THE NEXT DAY" once for all HAD to be interred "according to the Scriptures", Exodus 12:10-39 on "That Selfsame The Whole Day BONE-DAY ... ON THE FIFTEENTH day of the First Month ... even the first day of seven days ye shall eat unleavened bread."
Not killed and buried the same day before sunset but killed mid-afternoon late on the 14th and undertaken to be buried on the 15th after sunset "after ... evening had come", and finished buried "That Selfsame Whole Day BONE-DAY ... That Day ... high day of sabbath ... the Preparation ... which is the Fore-Sabbath" of the Passover of Yahweh -- a 'Friday'.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gerhard Ebersoehn

Aug 22, 2008
✟14,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi gerhard,

I agree with you that Jesus was slaughtered according to the law. Exactly as God required the Passover Lamb to be slaughtered.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

According to the Law of God, the Passover Lamb also had to be buried and had to rise again <<exactly as God required>> Him to be buried and to rise again.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to the Law of God, the Passover Lamb also had to be buried and had to rise again <<exactly as God required>> Him to be buried and to rise again.

Hi gerhard,

I agree with you that Jesus was slain according to the law of the Passover Lamb. However, the law of the Passover Lamb says nothing of being buried and rising from the dead. There are a number of prophecies that speak to Jesus burial and resurrection, and of course, Jesus himself spoke of it. The law of the Passover Lamb is found in the writings of the Exodus chapter 12.

I agree with you that those things had to happen, but they were not a part of the law or the Passover Lamb.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gerhard Ebersoehn

Aug 22, 2008
✟14,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the law of the Passover Lamb says nothing of being buried and rising from the dead.

Then what was Jesus' Last "Passover : OF : YAHWEH" Exodus 12:11, the very text after verse 10 instructing the interment of the passover's remains?

Then what was the "three day thick darkness" other than the "three days and three nights" of the prophet Jonas? Does the prophet Jonas prophecy say anything of Jesus being buried and rising from the dead and for that matter being killed the Lamb of God's Passover?

Upvote 0

Gerhard Ebersoehn

Aug 22, 2008
✟14,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are a number of prophecies that speak to Jesus burial and resurrection, and of course, Jesus himself spoke of it. The law of the Passover Lamb is found in the writings of the Exodus chapter 12.

Do you insinuate there are no prophecies of Jesus' burial?

Acts 2 and 13 quoting the Psalms?

The Gospels all referring to "That Day" / "That Day great day [BONE-Day] of sabbath" of the Passover?

Acts 13 referring to "Middle-sabbath", "BONE-Day"?

Jesus' parables of the donkey that fell in the pit and on the “Sabbath…the third day still” was taken out?

and of the ox that on the “Sabbath…the third day still” was given water of life?

Like Israel was lifted up out of the pit, Egypt, and raised up out of the grave, the Red Sea?

Lazarus whom Jesus resurrected from the grave as a figure of Himself Our Passover?

Ag no, the whole Gospel of Jesus Christ would be nothing if not for his interment, as Paul --king of Ellipsis-- wrote,

"how that Christ (according to the Scriptures DIED ("the first day they killed the passover")

and how that Christ (according to the Scriptures) was BURIED ("the first day they ate (took in) ulb") of the passover

and how that according to the Scriptures He the third day ("thick darkness" of the passover "-plague (that) was upon Him"), ROSE again".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then what was Jesus' Last "Passover : OF : YAHWEH" Exodus 12:11, the very text after verse 10 instructing the interment of the passover's remains?

Then what was the "three day thick darkness" other than the "three days and three nights" of the prophet Jonas? Does the prophet Jonas prophecy say anything of Jesus being buried and rising from the dead and for that matter being killed the Lamb of God's Passover?

I'm guessing you use a slightly different translation than I have. Here's what Exodus 12: 10-11 say in mine: You shall let none of it remain until morning, and what remains of it until morning you shall burn with fire. And thus you shall eat it: with a belt on your waist, your sandals on your feet, and your staff in your hand. So you shall eat it in haste. It is the Lord’s Passover.

All I read is that any remains, the following day, shall be burned by fire.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Gerhard Ebersoehn

Aug 22, 2008
✟14,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm guessing you use a slightly different translation than I have. Here's what Exodus 12: 10-11 say in mine: You shall let none of it remain until morning, and what remains of it until morning you shall burn with fire. And thus you shall eat it: with a belt on your waist, your sandals on your feet, and your staff in your hand. So you shall eat it in haste. It is the Lord’s Passover.

All I read is that any remains, the following day, shall be burned by fire.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

And that is all I read.
But you haven't finished reading up to verse 39 the history of "This That Selfsame BONE-Day" in Exodus 12 from verse 8 to verse 39, "the first day (of) seven days no leaven" (15b), in later books, the children of Israel "kept feast" and "departed on the fifteenth" -- in the Gospels Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57 Luke 23:50 John 13:1; 1Corinthians 11:23.

[["That Selfsame BONE-Day", "the fourteenth" Exodus 12:1-7 “kill” lamb; 14, 15a “head first day remove leaven” -- in the Gospels, "the first day they removed leaven and killed the passover on" Mark 14:12 Matthew 26:17 Luke 22:7 John 13:1.]]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TomorrowsWorld

Feb 8, 2016
Canada
✟19,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hed an interesting theory explained to me that Jesus was Crucified on a Wednesday.

Do any of you have an opinion on this

Here's is a link to the Scriptures that supports the opinion

Prophecy Truths -- The Good Friday Myth, Jesus Died on a Wednesday!!

Ask yourself this, How was Christ dead for exactly 3 days and 3 NIGHTS. If he died Friday evening and rose Sunday morning? That's two nights.

Easter: The Untold Story - TELECAST, 30 minute TV program

Easter: The Untold Story - BOOKLET (Longer, more in depth)

Easter was being celebrated thousands of years prior to Christ's death.

Upvote 0