Goinheix

Dec 23, 2010
Montevideo Uruguay
✟2,018.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
As far I know, the Gospels do not tel anything concerning the midle years. Actually a Gospel is the testimony of the words and facts of Jesus from the baptism until the ascencion. The four Gospels respect that "rule", even the gospel of Paul.

Matthew, Luke and Jhon originaly contained only the Gospel; that is from baptism until ascencion. Later; probably to stop the false gospels of the baby and young Jesus; they (Matthew, Luken and Jhon) included few word about the birth of Jesus.

If somebody takes Jesus as a character, as an hero of a tale; the natural tendency is to imagine his childhood. That hapens to almos all characters from Hercules to Superman. Even your curiosity to know about a young Jesus abeys to that natural tendency.

Upvote 0

Slaol121

Feb 2, 2011
✟15,481.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
As far I know, the Gospels do not tel anything concerning the midle years. Actually a Gospel is the testimony of the words and facts of Jesus from the baptism until the ascencion. The four Gospels respect that "rule", even the gospel of Paul.

Matthew, Luke and Jhon originaly contained only the Gospel; that is from baptism until ascencion. Later; probably to stop the false gospels of the baby and young Jesus; they (Matthew, Luken and Jhon) included few word about the birth of Jesus.

If somebody takes Jesus as a character, as an hero of a tale; the natural tendency is to imagine his childhood. That hapens to almos all characters from Hercules to Superman. Even your curiosity to know about a young Jesus abeys to that natural tendency.

Thank you for your response. John, in his gospel, tells us that there were "many other things that Jesus did...". I think that these wise men, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, recognized that it would be difficult to incorporate every human activity of Christ into the gospel message.

While I agree that my human curiosity would love to know what Jesus did during those "in-between years", we can all have faith in knowing that the important spiritual details of his life have been preserved in the canon of scripture.

Upvote 0

Goinheix

Dec 23, 2010
Montevideo Uruguay
✟2,018.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Your curiosity is normal. I did have it in my first years as christian. It is possible to asume that Jesus lived the "middle years" at Nazaret. We can asume that he worked as carpenter or constructor (the greek word for carpenter and constructor is the same) with his father. I understand that Mary and Joseph had some children after Jesus birth. You can found the names on the Gospel. Eventually Joseph died in an uncertain year. Probably Jesus becomes head of the family. We can asume that Jesus continues to searchr in the scriptures about the Christ (Messiha). Many christians believe that Jesus had conection with the escenians (i dont know the correct name in inglish).

Upvote 0

Slaol121

Feb 2, 2011
✟15,481.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Your curiosity is normal. I did have it in my first years as christian. It is possible to asume that Jesus lived the "middle years" at Nazaret. We can asume that he worked as carpenter or constructor (the greek word for carpenter and constructor is the same) with his father. I understand that Mary and Joseph had some children after Jesus birth. You can found the names on the Gospel. Eventually Joseph died in an uncertain year. Probably Jesus becomes head of the family. We can asume that Jesus continues to searchr in the scriptures about the Christ (Messiha). Many christians believe that Jesus had conection with the escenians (i dont know the correct name in inglish).

I have read about the essenes. Apparently there is some evidence/speculation that Jesus spent some time in their dessert community. Jesus' affinity towards this sect might explain his criticism of the Pharisees and Saducees in the New Testament, as the Essenes rejected much of their interpretation of the Laws and the Torah.

I also think we can assume that Joseph was no longer living at the time of the wedding in Cana, as there is no mention of anyone but Jesus' mother at this time. Also, Jesus makes a request to John on the cross to look after his mother after his death. I don't think he would have done this had his father been around.

Upvote 0

Goinheix

Dec 23, 2010
Montevideo Uruguay
✟2,018.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have read about the essenes. Apparently there is some evidence/speculation that Jesus spent some time in their dessert community. Jesus' affinity towards this sect might explain his criticism of the Pharisees and Saducees in the New Testament, as the Essenes rejected much of their interpretation of the Laws and the Torah.

How you like this?: Jesus critisism to the pharisees and saducees mught explain his affinity to the essenes. Is not that essenes influensed over Jesus; but that essenes doctrines were more close to Jesus teachings.

Upvote 0

Goinheix

Dec 23, 2010
Montevideo Uruguay
✟2,018.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I also think we can assume that Joseph was no longer living at the time of the wedding in Cana, as there is no mention of anyone but Jesus' mother at this time. Also, Jesus makes a request to John on the cross to look after his mother after his death. I don't think he would have done this had his father been around.

At the time of the cross, Jacob (James) and Judas (brother of Jesus) were not "christians".

Upvote 0