JESUS and the APOSTLES OBEYED GOD'S LAW and the SABBATH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LGW, I believe you sum up 2Cor3:6-11 as being about two covenants. I have, in the past, brought those verses to your attention breaking each verse down. You have always glossed over all that I have written by saying that Paul couldn't mean the ten commandments were done away as per the KJV. You have been diligent in denying such a thing by quoting verse after verse. My question is concerning verses 8 and 11. 8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? Rather meaning more, more glorious that what? What was glorious to Israel? Verse 11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious. What WAS glorious LGW, certainly it WAS the ten commandments. How is it you cannot understand and admit that what was glorious, the ten commandments, Paul wrote they were done away? Why would Paul write such a thing unless it is the truth? It is as plain as the nose on my face yet you have never addressed those verses except denying what is so plainly written.

By the way of all the verses you used to deny what Paul wrote, none of them say ten commandments or refer they are referring to the ten.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LGW, all laws dealing with morality are love laws and are found in the Law of Love that Jesus gave us in Jn15. Morality laws are forever or until we reach Heaven and won't need laws. All laws given to Israel that were ceremonial such as the weekly Sabbath law and the feast Sabbath laws were for one nation, Israel. You will not accept this fact. You claim since the weekly Sabbath law is expressed in with the other nine, which deal with morality, the Sabbath law somehow deals with morality too. It did not deal with how Israelites treated their fellow man, it dealt with commemoration, a service, celebration or in memory of some person or event. a memorial. Sabbath was a ritual.

All of God's laws, 613 of them were moral, as in moral verses immoral. All 613 laws didn't deal with how we treat our fellow man or God.

So I take it Bob, your unwilling to answer the questions asked of you in the post you are quoting from in post 1599 linked? It is ok and I understand why you will not as those questions prove I am telling you the truth and support the scriptures shared with you that show why love is not separate from Gods' 10 commandments as love is expressed in obedience to them. I only posted them for everyone else to see how love links to law from what Jesus, Paul, James and John all teach in Matthew 22:36-40; Romans 13:8-10; Romans 6:1-23; Romans 3:31; James 2:8-12; 1 John 5:2-3. Thanks for the opportunity to share Gods' Word but we will agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LGW, I believe you sum up 2Cor3:6-11 as being about two covenants. I have, in the past, brought those verses to your attention breaking each verse down. You have always glossed over all that I have written by saying that Paul couldn't mean the ten commandments were done away as per the KJV. You have been diligent in denying such a thing by quoting verse after verse. My question is concerning verses 8 and 11. 8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? Rather meaning more, more glorious that what? What was glorious to Israel? Verse 11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious. What WAS glorious LGW, certainly it WAS the ten commandments. How is it you cannot understand and admit that what was glorious, the ten commandments, Paul wrote they were done away? Why would Paul write such a thing unless it is the truth? It is as plain as the nose on my face yet you have never addressed those verses except denying what is so plainly written. By the way of all the verses you used to deny what Paul wrote, none of them say ten commandments or refer they are referring to the ten.

I do not deny any of these verses Bob, I love them and thank you for sharing them. It is your interpretation of them and your claims that 2 Corinthians 3 teaches Gods' 10 commandments are abolished that I deny and reject as being unbiblical and a teaching that is not found in the bible.

Your post here has already been addressed with a detailed scripture response that you have chosen not to respond to here linked and here linked, showing why your interpretation of 2 Corinthians 3 is not true. All you have posted here is what you posted earlier while I am still waiting for you to respond to the linked posts and scriptures already provided to you that show why your teachings and claims here are not true.

Of course you do not have to respond if you do not want to. You are free to believe as you wish. For me only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it *Romans 3:4; Acts of the Apostles 5:29.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Studyman, I have never claimed that Israel had 613 burdensome laws laid on them. I do know in the US our congress has laid 30,000 on us, my lovely wife pointed that out to me.

Well you admit your are just like me, neither of us have all the answers. Over almost the last fifty years you can not imagine how much sexual depravity I have encountered in an outside the church. Now if I teach that homosexuality is a perversion, I can be charged with a hate crime, and lose my license. This all started in the 60s with the free love movement that should have been labeled free lust instead.

As for scripture I look for the spiritual messages that the bible gives us, the Holy Spirit will speak to all of us, the problem is many times we aren't listening, especially if the message conflicts with our own beliefs. I have to believe you are a person as I am, attempting to live a godly life and one that is pleasing to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. That is all any of us can do, and soon enough God will correct any of my misunderstandings, as He will with all of us. I have seen too much denominational bigotry to the point of hatefulness, and that has no place in the Christian life.
One person asked me, "how do I love those who are hard to love?" I told him he had to look at his own heart and figure out why someone was hard to love.
Dangerous false teaching is easy to spot. You are correct that demons or Satan can appear as angles of light, but their light goes out pretty quickly. We had a woman come into a ministry that I was involved in, she had incredible gifts, but they were all evil. She managed to destroy three ministries by causing the leadership to fall. I and our pastor knew right off she had problems. So you see, evil will away show itself.

No my friend. Dangerous false teaching is not easy to spot. Especially for religious men who have already been convinced they "shall surely not die".

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jer 31: 31 “The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
“when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,

We are told by SDAs that what was written on stones is what now is written on our hearts. That is a pretty narrow group of Thou shalt nots is it not? There are so many thou shalt nots that are not listed in the ten commandments I would like to list a few. Maybe you all can add many more. - Pride, Greed, Envy, Wrath, Fits of Rage, Lust,
- Gluttony, Sloth, Dishonesty, Deception, Impurity, Debauchery, Witchcraft, Sorcery, Hatred, Indifference Jealousy, Showing Favoritism, Prejudice and Discrimination, Selfish Ambition, Self-Centeredness, Withholding Remedy to Human or Animal Needs
Drunkenness, Drug Abuse, Fornication, Sodomy, inappropriate behavior with animals, Discord, Dissensions, Factions, Unbelief, Disbelief, Agnosticism and Atheism.

The best overall solution I can come up with to all of those sins with is Love. The act of Love in our hearts keeps us from doing anything that would hurt our fellow man. Jesus said:
  1. “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
  2. “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
Nine of the 10 commandments rightly fit with the list. The one that doesn't fit is the weekly Sabbath command. It was a ritual command dealing with observance just like all of the special Sabbath feast ceremonies. They all were in remembrance of some act.

The SDA church has spent untold millions trying to convince people that they are obligated to observe a day. Very few respond yet SDAs tell us that the Sabbath like all of the other 9 commands are written on our hearts. If that were so it is common sense that multitudes would be knocking the doors down on the former Israelite only Sabbath. Personally, I have never had a tugging of my heart telling me I had to observe a day, but I surely am told when I do any of the wrongs in the list above.
I haven't felt the tug on my heart to observe a certain day, either.

It may be taken out of context, but I really like the song "This is the day, this is the day that the Lord has made..."
I will rejoice and be glad in it.

I definitely have felt the tug in my heart to pay attention to the commandments of Love God and love others. Or maybe a better way to put it is that the tug in my heart matches up well with those commandments!

I know a common SDA response is that the Ten commandments teach us how to love. That's true, but only in a very distant way, imo.

I can refrain from committing adultery with my neighbor and still be a long way from loving her.

One Bible passage that explicitly teaches us how to love is from Luke:

An expert in Old testament law, desiring to justify himself, asked Jesus, "Who is my neighbor?"
Jesus then tells the story we call the Good Samaritan.

Jesus concludes with, "Go and do likewise"

• Winner
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

It may be taken out of context, but I really like the song "This is the day, this is the day that the Lord has made..."

I definitely have felt the tug in my heart to pay attention to the commandments of Love God and love others. Or maybe a better way to put it is that the tug in my heart matches up well with those commandments!

I know a common SDA response is that the Ten commandments teach us how to love. That's true, but only in a very distant way, imo.

I can refrain from committing adultery with my neighbor and still be a long way from loving her.

An expert in Old testament law, desiring to justify himself, asked Jesus, "Who is my neighbor?"

We should be careful not to harden our hearts as those who did not believe and follow God's Word did in order to continue in sin in the wilderness. This is the warning given us in Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4. According to the scriptures we can grieve and quench the Spirit of God *Ephesians 4:30; 1 Thessalonians 5:19 by closing our eyes and ears to seeing and hearing Gods' Word *Matthew 13:14-15; Acts of the Apostles 28:26-27 from Isaiah 6:9-10. According to the scriptures, if we harden our hearts *Hebrews 3:15; Hebrews 4:7 to hearing God's Word Gods' Spirit will leave us and there will be no more conviction of sin *John 16:8 but a fearful looking forward to of the judgement to come which will devour the adversaries *Hebrews 10:26-31. No one loves God according to the scriptures by breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments *1 John 5:3; 2 John 1:6; John 14:15; John 15:10. That would be sin or not believing God's Word *1 John 3:4; Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; Romans 14:23. In fact, sin or breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments is not loving God or our fellow man according to Matthew 22:36-40; Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-12; 1 John 5:2-3. Love is not separate from God's law it is expressed through obedience to Gods' law in all those who through faith *Ephesians 2:8-9 have been born again *1 John 3:9 with a new heart to love and walk in God's Spirit *Galatians 5:16; Romans 3:31 which is God's new covenant promise in all those who believe and follow His Word *Hebrews 8:10-12; from Jeremiah 31:31-34; Ezekiel 36:24-27; John 8:31-34. This of course is my prayer for all of us (I include myself in this post). Therefore we should follow the scriptures and examine ourselves to see if we are in the faith or not *2 Corinthians 13:5. Those who are born of God do not practice sin *1 John 3:9. Those who do have not seen him and neither do they know him according to 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6 and Matthew 7:21-23. for me only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow them *Romans 3:4; Acts of the Apostles 5:29. No one loves God or their fellow man according to the scriptures by breaking Gods' commandments (more scripture here and here).

Something we should all pray about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RBPerry

Christian Baby Boomer
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2013
Northern California
✟86,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
No my friend. Dangerous false teaching is not easy to spot. Especially for religious men who have already been convinced they "shall surely not die".

Remember what Jesus said, "A house divided will not stand." Evil spirits are not going to do anything that brings glory to God, oh they may do some amazing things, but once the focus is place on Christ, they are gone. If a preacher is preaching false doctrine, then that is on him or her, if I buy into that false teaching then shame on me because I didn't attempt to confirm it's accuracy. Our pastor tells us regularly, check my teaching, make sure I'm on track, and our church board does.
I did my homework and that is why I'm no longer associated with the SDA denomination, even though I love so many people associated with it.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fact is that God never asked Gentiles to observe a day. How and where in the New covenant belief system did it become a law? Who and when did the Sabbath demand come into existence?

Old Joe Bates baited Ellen White with the Sabbath and off she went with James mushing her forward. The one command with a "halo" around it was not discovered by the little flock's newly self-appointed self-proclaimed more than a prophet, old Joe tickled her ear.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I did my homework and that is why I'm no longer associated with the SDA denomination, even though I love so many people associated with it.
I doubt that claim very much and challenge you to prove it (scripture please). These are only your words which are in disagreement with God's Word *James 2:10-11. According to the scriptures only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow them *Romans 3:4; Acts of the Apostles 5:29

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The fact is that God never asked Gentiles to observe a day. How and where in the New covenant belief system did it become a law? Who and when did the Sabbath demand come into existence? Old Joe Bates baited Ellen White with the Sabbath and off she went with James mushing her forward. The one command with a "halo" around it was not discovered by the little flock's newly self-appointed self-proclaimed more than a prophet, old Joe tickled her ear.

Gentiles are not saved in God's kingdom as they do not believe and follow God's Word. Only those who believe and follow Gods' Word receive Gods' promises as Gods' salvation is conditional on believing and following Gods' Word (John 8:31-36). Gods ISRAEL in the new covenant are all those who believe and follow Gods' Word. In the new covenant Gods' ISRAEL is no longer those born of the flesh but all those who are born again in the Spirit who believe and follow Gods' Word *Romans 9:6-8; Galatians 3:28-29; Romans 2:28-29. God's new covenant promise is to ISRAEL *Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34; Ezekiel 36:24-27. According to the scriptures if we are not a part of God's ISRAEL we have no part of God's new covenant promise. Gentile believers are now grafted in place of Jewish unbelievers *Romans 11:13-27; Ephesians 2:11-13 and we are all not one in Christ (Colossians 3:11; Romans 10:11-13). Therefore God's ISRAEL in the new covenant promise of Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27 are no longer those born in the flesh but all those who are now born in the Spirit through faith who believe and follow Gods' Word. If we are not a part of God's ISRAEL we have no part in Gods' new covenant promise (need more scripture).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RBPerry

Christian Baby Boomer
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2013
Northern California
✟86,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I doubt that claim very much and challenge you to prove it (scripture please). These are only your words which are in disagreement with God's Word *James 2:10-11. According to the scriptures only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow them *Romans 3:4; Acts of the Apostles 5:29

You and other Adventist have been given plenty of scripture to support our beliefs, you just refuse to look at it objectively. I doubt if any scripture presented is going to change your opinion that your are right and the majority of Christianity is wrong. Your unwilling to look outside the box or consider that you may just be mistaken so what is the point, it is a circular debate that goes nowhere. My words as you say is based on sixteen years of SDA schools and some of the false teachings of those schools, you are out of your league, doubt them if you want, but they are my beliefs.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

RBPerry

Christian Baby Boomer
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2013
Northern California
✟86,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The fact is that God never asked Gentiles to observe a day. How and where in the New covenant belief system did it become a law? Who and when did the Sabbath demand come into existence?

Old Joe Bates baited Ellen White with the Sabbath and off she went with James mushing her forward. The one command with a "halo" around it was not discovered by the little flock's newly self-appointed self-proclaimed more than a prophet, old Joe tickled her ear.

I love the way you presented that, so true.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

RBPerry

Christian Baby Boomer
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2013
Northern California
✟86,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

The purpose of the sabbath was for a day of rest, and during that rest period we should spend time focused on our heavenly Father, what day you pick is up to you.

You are right on about love. What does Paul say about lack of love? Jesus made if very clear what He desires from His people, and Saturday sabbath wasn't one of them.

However in the apocrypha of Thomas he makes a statement about keeping the sabbath but we don't need to worry about the SDA throwing that one at us because they don't read the apocrypha's.

Here is another thought and question I have. Paul makes many claims, are they opinion or law? If law, what gives him the authority? Might as well stir the pot.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So to answer your question, I think I think the passage means that Jesus fulfilled the entire law and the prophets. Based on previous things you wrote, I think you believe that Jesus fulfilled the "shadow laws". So I'm saying I think the same thing, I just apply it to the entire law.

Does that answer your question?

It does, but I disagree. I do not think God's Ten Commandments are shadow laws (which means no longer applicable) like animal sacrifice, feasts days, physical circumcision because it would be contradicting the Apostle Paul

1 Corinthians 7:19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.

Contradicting Jesus Mathew 5:17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

Mathew 19:16
Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”

17 So He said to him “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

John 14:15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

John 15:10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

And contradicting John
Revelations 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Revelations 22:14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

Plus more contradictions because we are told God's Ten are an eternal covenant Psalms 89:34, Psalms 111:7,8

We also know they are not shadow laws, because Jesus said for the future

Mathew 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: Why would it matter if the Sabbath was a "shadow" law? Because God's Sabbath will never be a shadow law which is clearly written that it will go on forever for those saved Isaiah 66:23

Being very careful about the details is how I think people can avoid going in circles.

When people don't want to talk about details, they often end up simply "throwing" verses back and forth, and saying things like, "you don't know what this means" or, "you're not in touch with God".

Details do matter and I was not suggesting they don't, but you do not want to be so focused on one small detail you miss the entire message. :)

Here's a passage that I think applies to the subject at hand.
Galatians 5:13 For you, brothers, were called for freedom. Only don't use your freedom for gain to the flesh, but through love be servants to one another. 14 For the whole law is fulfilled in one word, in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." 15 But if you bite and devour one another, be careful that you don't consume one another. 16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you won't fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, that you may not do the things that you desire. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

What do you think this passage means?
I think what it means is summarized by that last bit: if we are led by the Spirit, we are not under the law.

If we are led by God's Spirit we are not going to sin. As soon as you sin, which is breaking God's laws, than you are no longer under God's Spirit. Jesus promises a Helper to KEEP the commandments that He has asked- do you not believe Jesus? John 14:15 Don't fool yourself thinking its okay to sin because you *think* you are being led by God when sinning. You are only deceiving yourself. The definition of sin is lawlessness even in the NT. Breaking God's laws is sinning. 1 John 3:4

What we are under is the New Covenant, God's laws written in our hearts. We turn away from sin, breaking God's laws because for those led by God's Spirit we have a changed heart. We no longer obey God because it is a commandment, we obey because of our love for Jesus John 15:10, John 14:15, 1 John 5:3

A common objection is, "Does this mean we are free to murder all we want?"

Well, how much do you want to murder? We don't want to use our freedom to build up our flesh.

Why would you not apply this reasoning to all of God's commandments and not just the ones you're interested in keeping? Maybe something to pray about?

God bless

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The purpose of the sabbath was for a day of rest, and during that rest period we should spend time focused on our heavenly Father, what day you pick is up to you.

You are right on about love. What does Paul say about lack of love? Jesus made if very clear what He desires from His people, and Saturday sabbath wasn't one of them.

However in the apocrypha of Thomas he makes a statement about keeping the sabbath but we don't need to worry about the SDA throwing that one at us because they don't read the apocrypha's.

Here is another thought and question I have. Paul makes many claims, are they opinion or law? If law, what gives him the authority? Might as well stir the pot.
According to God, it is God's Holy day Exodus 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy

We should not work or do labor, but the purpose of the commandment is to keep God's Sabbath day holy, which is clearly stated by God both verbally and written. I think its best we believe God.

I do finding it amazing all these ex-SDA's spending so much time trying to discredit God's Sabbath. I know I would never spend so much time on something I didn't believe in. But that's me....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You and other Adventist have been given plenty of scripture to support our beliefs, you just refuse to look at it objectively. I doubt if any scripture presented is going to change your opinion that your are right and the majority of Christianity is wrong. Your unwilling to look outside the box or consider that you may just be mistaken so what is the point, it is a circular debate that goes nowhere. My words as you say is based on sixteen years of SDA schools and some of the false teachings of those schools, you are out of your league, doubt them if you want, but they are my beliefs.
Really? Post a link and prove your claims. Every claim and proposed scripture shown by anyone that teaches Gods 10 commandments have been abolished once investigated looking at context, scripture and subject matter has been proven through scripture alone to be false. As posted earlier, all your providing here are your words which are not God's Word. For me only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow them according to the scriptures *Romans 3:4; Acts of the Apostles 5:29. I am happy to discuss the scriptures with you if you believe we are not considering something. I am sure deep down inside we all do not want to find ourselves in that group of people when Jesus returns that says Lord Lord have we not done all these things in your name only to hear Jesus say depart from me you who work iniquity (sin = breaking God's law) I never knew you *Matthew 7:21-23

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Perhaps you might like to take up the challenge which your friends have declined and show from the scriptures how in your opinion love is separated from obedience to Gods' law? Do you love God by taking his name in vain or your neighbor by stealing from them or murdering them? Love is expressed through obedience to Gods' law not be breaking it. No one loves God or their fellow man according to the scriptures by breaking Gods' commandments (more scripture here and here) and of course this includes God's 4th commandment that is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken according to the scriptures (Exodus 20:8-11; James 2:10-11; 1 John 3:4; Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7).

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I do finding it amazing all these ex-SDA's spending so much time trying to discredit God's Sabbath. I know I would never spend so much time on something I didn't believe in. But that's me....
According to the scriptures it is hard to find peace in seeking to silence our conscious if we once knew the word of God and choose to turn away from it as shown in Hebrews 6:4-8 which can be a difficult experience for many, all the time trying to suppress the still small voice of God's Word when we know the consequences of doing so are written in Hebrews 10:26-31. This is a position where there is no peace if we seek to justify our actions in turning away from Gods' Word in order to live a life of known unrepentant sin according to the scriptures. Isaiah 57:20-21 comes to mind as does Hebrews 3:12-19 and Hebrews 4:1-12. Let's pray that everyone of us here in CF do not find ourselves in this situation. I pray for everyone here and include myself in these words as we are all to examine ourselves to see if we are truly in the faith or not according to *2 Corinthians 13:5 and it is never too late to return to God's Word while we still have today.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I take it Bob, your unwilling to answer the questions asked of you in the post you are quoting from in post 1599 linked?
https://www.christianforums.com/thr...and-the-sabbath.8027047/page-80#post-75946199
I would be very willing LGW if they were valid questions. You weaseled the for Israel only command that was done away into the equation. I cannot trust what you ask, so I chose not to respond.

It is ok and I understand why you will not as those questions prove I am telling you the truth and support the scriptures shared with you that show why love is not separate from Gods' 10 commandments as love is expressed in obedience to them.
What you are doing is not okay and since you are on the subject of truth, what you teach is truth is certainly no what the Bible teaches as being true. I have proven that over and over.

I only posted them for everyone else to see how love links to law from what Jesus, Paul, James and John all teach in Matthew 22:36-40; Romans 13:8-10; Romans 6:1-23; Romans 3:31; James 2:8-12; 1 John 5:2-3. Thanks for the opportunity to share Gods' Word but we will agree to disagree.
To tell you the truth LGW I have decided that I will stop looking up all the verses you shake from your sleeve. I have proved over and over that those verses do not correspond to the subject we are debating. For the life of me I do not understand what you are trying to prove or who you are trying to prove something to by using all those verses that add nothing to the subject.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I think there is a lot of truth in this sis. According to the scriptures silencing the consciousness when one once knew the word of God and chooses to turn away from it as shown in Hebrews 6:4-8 can be a difficult experience for many to go through according to the scriptures, all the time trying to suppress the still small voice of God's Word when consequences of doing so are written in Hebrews 10:26-31 is a position where there is no peace for many who now seek to justify their actions in turning away from Gods' Word in order to live a life of sin according to the scriptures. Isaiah 57:20-21 comes to mind as does Hebrews 3:12-19 and Hebrews 4:1-12. Let's pray that everyone of us here in CF do not find ourselves in this situation. I pray for everyone here and include myself in these words as we are all to examine ourselves to see if we are truly in the faith or not according to *2 Corinthians 13:5.
Amen!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.