Visit site
✟441,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I apologize, I just noticed the "so not Jesus" in this.

Why would you think it has to be an either/or instead of a both/and?

For example, in Matthew 16:18 when Jesus tells Peter that Peter is the rock, Jesus refers to himself as the builder. Yet St. Paul refers to himself as building the Church in 1 Corinthians 3:10-11. And he says that there is no foundation other than Christ.

But Ephesians 2:10 and Revelation 21:14 refer to the apostles as being the foundation.

The question is not whether Christ is the rock, the foundation, the builder. He is all of these. The question is how he manifests that to the flock. He does that through Peter (the rock) and the apostles (the foundation and builders).

For a better grasp of how Scripture brings this point home, read Ezekiel 34:11-16 where God says that he himself will shepherd his people because other have led them astray. That makes God the shepherd, right? But then in verses 23-23 we read that the way he's going to become their shepherd is that he will place over them one shepherd, his servant David. God is indeed the shepherd, he is manifesting that to his people in the person of David.

So yes, Jesus is the rock; the way he manifests that to us is through the man whose name he actually changed to mean "rock" -- the person of Peter, and in turn his successors.

Ephesians 2:19-22, "Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ being the Chief Cornerstone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows ...

If you ask a builder/contractor a building cannot start until the corner put in place. Which is obvious, no Church could be built without Jesus. So that's obvious. But the foundation is upon the Apostle Peter [teacher of all and chosen steward who we all know holds the keys in the Kings absence] and the history of [not only all the Apostles], the Prophets.

IE all of historical accounts were the building up of the final truth [both the allegorical, prophetic and actual accounts]. And as the King left the earth, He left a steward in authority whom would strengthen the others, be their teacher. Open and shut with the keys.

Upvote 0