Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Wonderful! The flowers are starting to bloom here as well.

My favorite season is probably Summer. I love the warm weather and sunshine.

What is your favorite hymn or worship song and why is it your favorite? :)

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
My favorite hymn or song has changed over time, depending on where I am on my journey. I love real praise music (you know, music about God, not about us), and my favorite hymn right now is It Is Well. That hymn, especially the 2nd and 3rd verses, just lays it all on the table. It lets us know exactly the price that was paid for my salvation.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

Refrain

My sin—oh, the bliss of this glorious thought—
My sin—not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

But I love lots of hymns. Hymns are my favorite! What about you? Do you have a favorite type of Christian music?

Reactions: RoseyK
Upvote 0

Historicus

Follower of Jesus Christ
Apr 20, 2005
Ohio
✟55,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Definitely hymns also! :) I also like some of the newer versions of hymns like Chris Tomlin's version of Amazing Grace (My chains are gone). I love It Is Well! We sing it in worship quite often. My favorites are "And Can It Be That I should Gain" and "O For a Thousand Tongues to Sing" and "Love Divine All Loves Excelling" by Charles Wesley. I also love "A Mighty Fortress is our God" by Martin Luther. Any Fanny Crosby hymn is also on my favorite list, like "Blessed Assurance" and "To God be the Glory".

If you could meet one individual from the Old Testament who would it be?

Reactions: A New Dawn
Upvote 0

A New Dawn

Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Gosh, off the top of my head, I'd have to say Job. Or Esther, for the same reason. They both had to have great faith to get through what they had to go through. (But I reserve the right to change my mind after sleeping on it! :D )

How about you?

Reactions: RoseyK
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A New Dawn

Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
You don't sound very confident in that choice. They are spanking the Steelers right now though so it might not be a bad one. Alright I'll stop talking about football. I can't think of anything else. Sorry I'm boring!

I'm from Baltimore, so I'll always back Baltimore teams, however, once I left and the Colts defected to Indianapolis, I stopped paying much attention to football. I do still pay some attention to baseball, however, since Earl Weaver retired as their manager, they stopped being a good team. They do have a nice stadium, though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A New Dawn

Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Where is Rexicoricofalipretorus? I must have fallen asleep during geometry class when we learned about that one :idea:

Ha, ha ha!!! Rexicoricofalipretorus is a fictional planet on Dr. Who. I put it there because I knew it would be a mouthful to say (or think about).

Quite a few years back, I went to a Dr. Who convention in Chicago (yes, I'm that kind of nerd) and bought a Hard Rock Cafe shirt that said Hard Rock Cafe - Gallifrey on it. I got more comments on that shirt. Everyone wanted to know where Gallifrey was (it is the Doctor's home planet). One person knew that it was a fake Hard Rock shirt because of the color of the logo, but thought it was cool, anyway.

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I'm Karinda and I'm new to the forums! Just trying to meet some people. *wave*

If you were trapped on a remote island with only four people (real or fictional) and four items who and what would they be and why?

Welcome to CF, Karinda! This is a nice place. I've been here for almost 6 years. There are places for all kinds of interaction. There are fellowship forums where you can just relax and talk, or play games; there are debate forums if you are interested in a good discussion in theology or politics, etc. There are forums for people your own age to gather and talk about what happens to people your age, etc. Lots of places to find things to do. If you get lost or have any questions about the forum, you can come back and ask me.

Wow, that's kind of hard, to narrow down who I'd like to spend my trapped time with. The things aren't as hard. I'd like to have enough pizza to last till we get rescued, I'd like to have the Bible to read, I'd like to have a comfortable mattress to sleep on and a good knife for protection and to chop down fruit and stuff so we can eat.

Thinking about the people, I'd have to choose Jesus, first and foremost. I'd love to be near him and hear what he has to say. Learn from Him. I'd follow that pretty closely with Mother Teresa. I love that self-sacrificing spirit. I'd like for the other 2 (3, really) to be my family. My husband and 2 daughters. There's none other that I'd rather be with.

Upvote 0

monograso

Eternally Unforgiven
Jul 31, 2005
Ventura County
✟9,124.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ha, ha ha!!! Rexicoricofalipretorus is a fictional planet on Dr. Who. I put it there because I knew it would be a mouthful to say (or think about).

Quite a few years back, I went to a Dr. Who convention in Chicago (yes, I'm that kind of nerd) and bought a Hard Rock Cafe shirt that said Hard Rock Cafe - Gallifrey on it. I got more comments on that shirt. Everyone wanted to know where Gallifrey was (it is the Doctor's home planet). One person knew that it was a fake Hard Rock shirt because of the color of the logo, but thought it was cool, anyway.

So I just had to look up Dr. Who because I've never heard of it. I guess I've been living under a rock. If it wasn't a british show I might actually check it out. I hate British TV!

Ok, my next question: What does one do at a Dr. Who convention? Did you get to ride in a police box into space?

Upvote 0