Jean Marie Lustiger,the new pope?

rooster

Here am I
Mar 8, 2004
Joo Chiat
✟665.00
Faith
Christian
Lustiger is the only Catholic prelate in modern times who was born Jewish, a fact which has inevitably made him a controverisial figure. He says he is proud of his Jewish origins and describes himself as a "fulfilled Jew." On becoming Archbishop of Paris, he said: "I was born Jewish and so I remain, even if that is unacceptable for many. For me, the vocation of Israel is bringing light to the goyim. That is my hope and I believe that Christianity is the means for achieving it."

(In this statement Lustiger was using the word "Israel" in the sense of "the Jewish people" and not as a reference to the State of Israel.)

I went googling and read this on wiki and thot it was interesting

Upvote 0

Flavius

FoundWanting
Apr 10, 2004
EastOfEden,Near Houston
✟530.00
Faith
Messianic
Zemirah said:
Ditto to the rain-sitters.

The more I read, the worse I feel.

Bo, Yeshua HaMoshiach! Bo, Ruach Elohim!
I'm feeling kinda cool actualy but then I have alwaysed loved the rain,I've been out in it alot today.

I gotta tell you,I don't really know what to think of this subject.Alot of big words there and I quit school in the 9th grade but it kinda freaks me out while reading it.

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Zemirah said:
"I'm sorry Jesus Christ did not have a good public relations office because maybe he wouldn't have had the bad problem of being crucified." Cardinal Jean-Marie Lustiger, to the Herald during an interview this weekend.
So, when did Yeshua being sacrificed become a problem with poor management by His publicity man?? Yehuda v'Yiskariot - left a lot to be desired as a PR man, true - But since when did the sacrifice of Messiah become a "bad problem?"

* Henaynei starts hearing the "Twilight Zone" theme, someone mouthing the suspense melody "do-do DO-do, do-do Do-do" and the faint echo of shofarim.........

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ShirChadash

A Jew, by the grace and love of God. Come home!
Oct 31, 2003
Visit site
✟22,943.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
*Zemmy tries to give Henny more rep points. Nope, still won't let me!* :pink:

ANYway... ^_^

:idea: apparently it was all just a public relations failure. :o Talk about negating and reducing moshiach's death. I don't need to see a corpus on a crucifix to remember the real reason my Yeshua died.

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Zemirah said:
*Zemmy tries to give Henny more rep points. Nope, still won't let me!* :pink:

ANYway... ^_^

:idea: apparently it was all just a public relations failure. :o Talk about negating and reducing moshiach's death. I don't need to see a corpus on a crucifix to remember the real reason my Yeshua died.
LOL - I've tried to rep you too - better get over to Emma's Drive By Repping and spread some rep around so I can do somemore giving out over here!!! LOL

Upvote 0

Flavius

FoundWanting
Apr 10, 2004
EastOfEden,Near Houston
✟530.00
Faith
Messianic
Zemirah said:
Ditto to the rain-sitters.

The more I read, the worse I feel.

Bo, Yeshua HaMoshiach! Bo, Ruach Elohim!
I did notice your sig on the other thread.

I was wondering if you read that link I supplied and what you thought of it.

I was kinda thinking that he was showing favor to the Jews and that it seemed to me when he was talking about the second temple being destroyed that Jews were only left to synoguoges that he seemed like he was preparing the way for the new temple to be built.Like he was trying to change the attitude of the world towards jews to let them have their religion.

like I said,Alot of big words used there and I don't understand it all.

Upvote 0

rooster

Here am I
Mar 8, 2004
Joo Chiat
✟665.00
Faith
Christian
Henaynei said:
this saddens me on many levels - but I will elaborate no further..... :sigh: I'm going outside to sit in the rain........ it is healing
hope this is not intrusive.
But what is it that saddens? The man being a "prince" of the church and proud of being jewish at the same time and perhaps his statement about the christianity being the way forward or was it something in the article flavius pasted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
rooster said:
hope this is not intrusive.
But what is it that saddens? The man being a "prince" of the church and proud of being jewish at the same time and perhaps his statement about the christianity being the way forward or was it something in the article flavius pasted.
I am sorry rooster, but I will keep my cards "close to the vest" for the time being ;)

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
LOL - let us be careful and cautious to keep to the spirit of the forum rules about discussing another religion in places where the members of that religion can not legally rebut statements they might feel called for defense ;)

b'Shalom
Henaynei
Henny.jpg

Upvote 0

muffler dragon

Ineffable
Apr 7, 2004
✟24,396.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Henaynei said:
LOL - let us be careful and cautious to keep to the spirit of the forum rules about discussing another religion in places where the members of that religion can not legally rebut statements they might feel called for defense ;)

b'Shalom
Henaynei
Henny.jpg
My apologies, Henny. I'll delete it.

m.d.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
Teach the Catholics about the Festivals of God
Teach Catholics the Jewishness of Yeshua
Teach the Catholics about the Ten Commandments as they were handed down from Mount Sinai

What can a Jewish Pope hope to achieve with Israel?
Build the Temple
Build the Priesthood
Build the New Covenant
Become the High Priest of the New Temple

Very Prophetic Interesting Mix

Upvote 0