Jacob's son Joseph can bring salvation today.

brodav9@thicket

Feb 2, 2022
Sylacauga, Alabama
✟26,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is a fact that would be hidden unless the Holy Spirit reveal it. Gen.41:38 Pharaoh sees Joseph is a man with the Holy Spirit. Matt. 3:2 Jesus a man filled with the Holy Spirit Gen. 41:45 look carefully here Joseph is given a glorious name. Phil. 2:9 God has highly exalted him and given him a name which is above every name, the name of Jesus. Gen. 41:43 Everyone was to bow the knee when Joseph passes by. Phil. 2:10 every knee shall bow at the name of Jesus. see Rom. 14:11 with Isa. 45:23. and last for now. Gen. 41:55 Not Pharaoh--must go to Joseph only for this bread. Jn. 6:34-38 Jesus says he is the bread of life, come to him.

There are so many more parallels and yes some hidden. truly God left a witness all the way back in Genesis. Have you made him your Lord and savior ? He is more than a club membership, He is the bread of daily life. His love was to forgive us of sin so we could be saved from eternal punishment. it is a gift not of works Eph. 2:8-9. Lord give us this day our daily bread, in Jesus name amen.

brodav9@thicket

Feb 2, 2022
Sylacauga, Alabama
✟26,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When Joseph was thrown down into a pit. Jesus was sent to the pit by his death on the cross. But like in Jonah chapter 2 -(Jonah speaks about the pit. also what the pit is. Ps.30:3 This is a pics of resurrection Jesus never went there to the pit Joseph was raised also.

Upvote 0

.Jeremiah.

Jul 26, 2021
The South
✟21,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is a fact that would be hidden unless the Holy Spirit reveal it. Gen.41:38 Pharaoh sees Joseph is a man with the Holy Spirit. Matt. 3:2 Jesus a man filled with the Holy Spirit Gen. 41:45 look carefully here Joseph is given a glorious name. Phil. 2:9 God has highly exalted him and given him a name which is above every name, the name of Jesus. Gen. 41:43 Everyone was to bow the knee when Joseph passes by. Phil. 2:10 every knee shall bow at the name of Jesus. see Rom. 14:11 with Isa. 45:23. and last for now. Gen. 41:55 Not Pharaoh--must go to Joseph only for this bread. Jn. 6:34-38 Jesus says he is the bread of life, come to him.

There are so many more parallels and yes some hidden. truly God left a witness all the way back in Genesis. Have you made him your Lord and savior ? He is more than a club membership, He is the bread of daily life. His love was to forgive us of sin so we could be saved from eternal punishment. it is a gift not of works Eph. 2:8-9. Lord give us this day our daily bread, in Jesus name amen.
I was enjoying your post quite a bit. I did stumble somewhat when you mentioned “eternal punishment“. That concept does not exist in my thinking regarding the Lord. Why is this the case? Obviously I was raised to think that the Lord would punish ”bad people“ after death. Upon reaching my mid 60’s, I began a very in depth study of the Word. In my way, with my understanding. Unfortunately, it went poorly, at first. My wife noticed this and says “read the gospels and get to know God”. Well, I did just that, and found the Lord. Contrary to the world’s belief about Him, I found a God of LOVE. And love cannot punish anyone. But He can save us from the self induced suffering that we try to inflict upon ourselves.

Upvote 0

brodav9@thicket

Feb 2, 2022
Sylacauga, Alabama
✟26,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here is a look into God"s nature. just a few attributes here. love, holiness, grace, mercy, wisdom. Holiness says I must punish all sin and evil,and it will not be tolerated. It will bring death and punishment. Like the O.T. laws to Israel and Moses example. obey or die. Well God also has a nature called love. Love and Holy in mind of God negotiates. Look at Moses sister. she spoke against Moses and disliked his marriage choice. God in holiness says she shall die. Moses negotiates and God turned to love and said okay she shall be punished 7 days out of the camp. Num. 12:4-12 In the new covenant Jn. 3:16 God loved . Heb. 13:8 Jesus the same yesterday, today, and forever. God must appease his holiness and so love allows him to save us from the eternal punishment. God created man to live forever. that is his law. In the garden God sent Adam and Eve out so they wouldn' eat the other tree and live in sin forever. They wouldn,t die. Stay saved and live forever.

Upvote 0

brodav9@thicket

Feb 2, 2022
Sylacauga, Alabama
✟26,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A. Joseph never sinned to cause brothers to cast him in pit.
B. he suffered by them.
C. He was sent by the father.
D. He didn't take sin on him but only forgave it.
E. Gen. 50:20 my words---your evil against me (the cross) was God 's will to save souls alive. Joseph pictures here the savior in a shadow.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
A. Joseph never sinned to cause brothers to cast him in pit.
B. he suffered by them.
C. He was sent by the father.
D. He didn't take sin on him but only forgave it.
E. Gen. 50:20 my words---your evil against me (the cross) was God 's will to save souls alive. Joseph pictures here the savior in a shadow.
Here is the one which stands out for me also.
His brothers sought forgiveness for what they had done to him......
Ge 50:19 And Joseph said unto them, Fear not: for am I in the place of God?
20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

Joseph saved many people from starvation

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0