Jack Dorsey–backed Bluesky was nurtured at Twitter. Now its ‘biggest single-day jump in new users’ could threaten Elon Musk’s bird app

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Bluesky is in demand.​
From celebrities like Chrissy Teigen to politicians like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, people are making their way to Twitter’s newest social media rival, and at a faster pace than ever before. The company said in a Thursday post on its own platform that it had experienced the “biggest single-day jump in new users” ever, noting a twofold increase in users compared with the day before.​
The surge in demand was so great that the service needed downtime to upgrade. The app is still only in its beta testing phase, and can only be downloaded with an invite from another user. Bluesky has been downloaded 375,000 times from the Apple app store worldwide since its launch in February, according to data.ai, a consumer data insights group. FORTUNE
I thought this would be inivetable. I thought some employees who left twitter under Musk would start their own, but I didn't think it would be Dorsey himself. I don't think things have gotten any better at twitter from the news Musk has lost 90% of his ad base. Let's see how this unfolds.

• Informative
Reactions: USincognito