Visit site
✟24,768.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I love Chick tracts. He covers a variety of subjects and always provides scripture reference. Of course they directly address many things that Christian ministries often perfer to not touch, which makes them all the more valuable. The Holy Joe one is one of my favorites because it shows that soldiers can be faithful Christians as well, despite what passives may preach. It is clear to me that Jack Chick has a heart for saving the lost.

Upvote 0

TwinCrier

Double Blessed and spreading the gospel
Oct 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟24,768.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
e=mv^2 said:
Not a fan. Lots of factual errors - some are outright lies. Using false information to deliver the gospel is not a good thing.

Even in that "Holy Joe" tract the Joe character tells someone they are going to hell. How is it that Joe knows that?
We were all going to hell before we were saved. I know lots of people who are going to hell, and I'd tell them too. Jack Chick doesn't have to follow CF forum rules when writing his tracts.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
e=mv^2 said:
Not a fan. Lots of factual errors - some are outright lies. Using false information to deliver the gospel is not a good thing.

Even in that "Holy Joe" tract the Joe character tells someone they are going to hell. How is it that Joe knows that?

Probably the fact that the Bible says with Jesus there is life, without the wrath of God.

Personally I don't like Jack Chick's dogmatic view on some things that are open to personal convictions. I do not believe the Catholic church is the antiChrist, nor do I think the KJV is the version Jesus used. I disagree with a lot of Catholic doctrine, but I don't beleive all members are going to hell, and I think the KJV has errors which are not in the original language, but it's a good translation anyway.

Upvote 0

Fightergraf

Feb 17, 2004
North America
✟15,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
TwinCrier said:
See, you have it all wrong. The Catholic church isn't the anti-christ, it's the harlot, the pope is the anti-Christ, and nowhere does anything in his literature say Jesus used the KJV. You are exagerating and using hyberbole, which is something Jack Chick does a lot in his literature.

What hate, I thought a Christian was about love,tolerance and respect not calling other people/Christians "who I believe are as well as anyone else of all christian dems." harlots I am very disappointed in you. :(

Reactions: ps139
Upvote 0

TwinCrier

Oct 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟24,768.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Typical reaction; accuse someone of hate to avoid addressing the issues. As I said, Jack Chick is not bound by the forum rules here when he makes his literature. He doesn't have to show tolerance and let lost souls go to hell because Christian forums says this or that belief must be "Christian." A Christian isn't about tolerance and respect, it's about saving peoples' souls from the fires of hell.

Just to make it clear, I am discussing what it is believed that Chick publications believes and am not saying anyone is not a Christian.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lynn73

Jesus' lamb
Sep 15, 2003
Visit site
✟15,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
TwinCrier said:
We were all going to hell before we were saved. I know lots of people who are going to hell, and I'd tell them too. Jack Chick doesn't have to follow CF forum rules when writing his tracts.

:thumbsup: Thank God for that! That Jack doesn't have to follow CF rules, that is.

Reactions: TwinCrier
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TwinCrier

Oct 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟24,768.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
kidsminister said:
So...which pope is the antiChrist? There have been several! ;)

I think Jack Chick's heart is in the right place, but I think he may want to rethink his methods. It is possible to preach a clear gospel message (not watered down!) without making people angry with you!!
1 John 2:18 ...and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists;...
Matthew 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake:...
John 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.