I've read the bible probably more than George Muller so I have trouble going to church

7trees

Oct 15, 2016
Australia
✟8,084.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I don't know if a church needs our knowledge, we're better off for having it, and we wouldn't always be right in what we said either as it says in James chapter 3
James chapter 3
Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. 2 We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check.
I don't think God will reject the whole church, some will be saved I think, as God said about Elijah, he wasn't going to reject everyone.
But there is a lot to be said for studying the bible.
Matthew chapter 4 verse 4
Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"
Romans chapter 1 verse 28
Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.

John chapter 8 verse 31,32
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, " If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
2 John
9 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
Job chapter 23 verse 12
I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.

Matthew 11
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Luke chapter 21
33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
Romans chapter 10
17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.
Mark chapter 13
31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Yes, your humility seems out of place in modern Christianity. You seem like a person who seeks to understand rather than be a religious dictator.

Upvote 0

delaD3

Oct 24, 2016
pacific
✟15,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is there anyone who could give me reasons to go to church, I'm well read in the bible and most Christians don't even read it, no one obeys the law, nor can they, and some people say it's all faith, but do they have any.
What would be my benefit of going to church, the only reason I ask is because, it's written God has arranged all the parts of the church as he wanted them to be, and that none have the same purpose, but I don't see the difference in just talking to people in general, church people are no better and some are worse.
Could anyone give me good advice.
Hebrews 10:23-25 might give you a better answer than another person might.

"Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."

• Agree
Reactions: shelley1952
Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 10:23-25 might give you a better answer than another person might.

"Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is;
That more has to do with law, and no one obeys the law or ever has except Christ.
Thank you for responding though.
Jesus is in the church. He said where there are people gathered to worship him, he will be in their midst. He forgives in church, heals, blesses, and saves all good reasons to go.
Part of that is found I think in Matthew chapter 18 verse 20 and that's the reason I choose to go.
But once again thank you everyone, I went to church my third time yesterday I missed one Sunday because I had to help my Mother.

Upvote 0

GWBhanna

Oct 26, 2016
Fiji
✟8,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... most Christians don't even read it, no one obeys the law, nor can they, and some people say it's all faith, but do they have any....

You have a good point, "no one obeys the law nor can they" and certainly going to church is not about socializing and having some cup of coffee after a sermon. I had the same questions and the commandment "be holy for I am holy" was always a mystery as of how men could be able to keep that commandment. But I heard to this Word recently and found the reason why no one was able to keep the commandment. Actually all these video's are so clearly and precisely. Especially if you already have such a great understanding of the literal scripture then this is for you. Because this is not just about some self-help-how-to-feel-better sermon like a lot of churches offer these days. But it is about the truth itself. So a lot of the old testament books are covered because you need to see the bible as a whole and not divide it up into pieces or morsels. The bible needs to be interpreted with the bible, so "spiritual thoughts with spiritual words". That's the only way to understand the mysteries and the hidden secrets of the bible. No one could keep the word because it wasn't revealed. The word of the LORD is "rare". And unless it is revealed, no one can keep the word. But now is the time to reveal this hidden word. And because God is a God of order He doesn't reveal his Word to just anybody but as it was in the old testament with the prophets or with the apostles in the new testament, there must be a pastor who can feed the food at the proper times also in this age. So "when your eye is clear, your whole body also is full of light;..." meaning the eye is the leader, the pastor, so if the pastor is able to feed the food at the proper time and reveal the hidden secrets with the bible then that's when your whole body, the church will be full of light. That is one major reason why I go to church because it has absolutely everything to do with my soul. So for someone like you, who has much more literal understanding of the bible already than me, I urge you to listen to these words and discern, because once you start to understand the meaning within the literal text you will understand why no one was able to keep the word, and how it will be actual possible to keep it and to all your questions

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You have a good point, "no one obeys the law nor can they" and certainly going to church is not about socializing and having some cup of coffee after a sermon. I had the same questions and the commandment "be holy for I am holy" was always a mystery as of how men could be able to keep that commandment. But I heard to this Word recently and found the reason why no one was able to keep the commandment. Actually all these video's are so clearly and precisely. Especially if you already have such a great understanding of the literal scripture then this is for you. Because this is not just about some self-help-how-to-feel-better sermon like a lot of churches offer these days. But it is about the truth itself. So a lot of the old testament books are covered because you need to see the bible as a whole and not divide it up into pieces or morsels. The bible needs to be interpreted with the bible, so "spiritual thoughts with spiritual words". That's the only way to understand the mysteries and the hidden secrets of the bible. No one could keep the word because it wasn't revealed. The word of the LORD is "rare". And unless it is revealed, no one can keep the word. But now is the time to reveal this hidden word. And because God is a God of order He doesn't reveal his Word to just anybody but as it was in the old testament with the prophets or with the apostles in the new testament, there must be a pastor who can feed the food at the proper times also in this age. So "when your eye is clear, your whole body also is full of light;..." meaning the eye is the leader, the pastor, so if the pastor is able to feed the food at the proper time and reveal the hidden secrets with the bible then that's when your whole body, the church will be full of light. That is one major reason why I go to church because it has absolutely everything to do with my soul. So for someone like you, who has much more literal understanding of the bible already than me, I urge you to listen to these words and discern, because once you start to understand the meaning within the literal text you will understand why no one was able to keep the word, and how it will be actual possible to keep it and to all your questions

I read what you wrote but didn't listen to the video.
The bible has nothing good to say about pastors, only bad except Christ.
To the Jews who believed him Jesus said if you hold to my teaching you are really my disciples and you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
No pastor can give you this, or teach it to you only Christ can, most pastors quote Malachi chapter 3 without knowing Malachi chapter 2 or James chapter 3 verse 1,2
Not many of you should presume to be teachers my brothers do you not know we who teach will be judged more strictly, if anyone is never at fault in what the say they are a perfect human being able to keep their whole body in check.
An no one can do that. Yet everyone thinks their a teacher.
1 John chapter 1 verse 8
If anyone claims to be without sin they deceive themselves and the truth is not in them.
James chapter 2 verse 10
If anyone keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.
I only go to church because in Matthew chapter 18 verse 20 it says Jesus is there, where ever 2 or more gather together in my name there I am among them.
So I go to pray and that's it, I don't even pay attention to what the pastor is saying most of the time.

Upvote 0

delaD3

Oct 24, 2016
pacific
✟15,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I read what you wrote but didn't listen to the video.
The bible has nothing good to say about pastors, only bad except Christ.
To the Jews who believed him Jesus said if you hold to my teaching you are really my disciples and you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
No pastor can give you this, or teach it to you only Christ can, most pastors quote Malachi chapter 3 without knowing Malachi chapter 2 or James chapter 3 verse 1,2
Not many of you should presume to be teachers my brothers do you not know we who teach will be judged more strictly, if anyone is never at fault in what the say they are a perfect human being able to keep their whole body in check.
An no one can do that. Yet everyone thinks their a teacher.
1 John chapter 1 verse 8
If anyone claims to be without sin they deceive themselves and the truth is not in them.
James chapter 2 verse 10
If anyone keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.
I only go to church because in Matthew chapter 18 verse 20 it says Jesus is there, where ever 2 or more gather together in my name there I am among them.
So I go to pray and that's it, I don't even pay attention to what the pastor is saying most of the time.

The Bible rarely has anything 'good' to say about people in general. One 'good' is how certain kings of Israel and Judah did 'that which was good in the sight of the LORD' versus 'that which did evil in the sight of the LORD.' According to the Holy Bible, life is about doing either the 'good' or the 'bad'. Doing the 'good' will enable you to receive the promises of God set forth in HIS Covenant. Doing bad, will enable you to live in 'grace' of the New Testament with 'free forgiveness'.

Although Christ became the penalty of the Law, which is death, there are still many other punishments which Christ did not take to Himself. For example... If you have many wives, which the Old Testament says to not do and therefore is a sin, today, if there is a man with many wives and claims forgiveness, that does not mean that he will NOT contract and STD. Another example would be the Old Testament law of 'rising before the hoary head', which if you did not do would be a sin, which if done today would be 'freely forgiven' by Christ, does NOT mean that you will earn any respect and blessings from the elderlies.
Another example would be the Old Testament Law of returning your neighbors lost animal if found even if your neighbor has ought against you, if not done today, which is still a sin, does NOT mean that the animal will be returned to its' safe home. So although Christ took the penalties of the Law to Himself, if we still 'sin' by not following or keeping the Laws, many other people and such suffer. Another Old Testament Law of how to 'drive out a person who entices you to go and worship strange gods', if not done today and is still a sin, will lead to your home neighborhood and community being filled with all sorts of people who are enticing everyone to 'go and serve strange gods'. The gods of Sodom and Gomorrah are strange gods to the Children of Israel. But if I do not 'drive' out such a person, which is sin and still freely forgiven, does NOT mean that I keep my neighborhood safe for others.

And that is why there were so many people who flatly denied the warnings of God in the Old Testament... Because the warnings were to 'keep to the prescriptions of the Law' to keep their neighborhoods safe but because they thought the Prophets' messages were too stern or too outdated, they did not which led many to their downfall by other more ruthless outsiders. God never drove out His people, per se, but His People turned their backs to God which made them susceptible to outside intruders taking over Israel... All because they DID not keep their neighborhood safe by following God's Prescriptions.

Because although I may be 'freely forgiven', it does not mean that I will be freely protected from evils... You can look at it this way... God's Laws would be comparable to the City's Defense Walls. If the Walls were kept up and in Strong condition, there can be no outside intruders. But if God's Laws, or the City's Defense Walls, was without Prescription and was tattered to allow 'any' into the City, the City has now become susceptible from the inside as well as from the outside. God would be the Strong City Wall if all in the City lived with God's City Walls, which is His Law. Forgivness can even be given to intruders after they repent, you know.

So the Law would be the Protection and Welfare for the People who keeps and Obeys the voice which led the Israelites through the desert, and the 'grace' would be for those who have mistakenly forgotten to make right their wrongs.

Exodus 23:20-24

Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. 21Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him. 22But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries. 23For mine Angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites: and I will cut them off. 24Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works: but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images.

This very 'Angel', who does not pardon, could well be the Holy Spirit. For the Name of the Lord is, Holy.

And referring to Revelation 20:1
"And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Bible rarely has anything 'good' to say about people in general. One 'good' is how certain kings of Israel and Judah did 'that which was good in the sight of the LORD' versus 'that which did evil in the sight of the LORD.' According to the Holy Bible, life is about doing either the 'good' or the 'bad'. Doing the 'good' will enable you to receive the promises of God set forth in HIS Covenant. Doing bad, will enable you to live in 'grace' of the New Testament with 'free forgiveness'.

Although Christ became the penalty of the Law, which is death, there are still many other punishments which Christ did not take to Himself. For example... If you have many wives, which the Old Testament says to not do and therefore is a sin, today, if there is a man with many wives and claims forgiveness, that does not mean that he will NOT contract and STD. Another example would be the Old Testament law of 'rising before the hoary head', which if you did not do would be a sin, which if done today would be 'freely forgiven' by Christ, does NOT mean that you will earn any respect and blessings from the elderlies.
Another example would be the Old Testament Law of returning your neighbors lost animal if found even if your neighbor has ought against you, if not done today, which is still a sin, does NOT mean that the animal will be returned to its' safe home. So although Christ took the penalties of the Law to Himself, if we still 'sin' by not following or keeping the Laws, many other people and such suffer. Another Old Testament Law of how to 'drive out a person who entices you to go and worship strange gods', if not done today and is still a sin, will lead to your home neighborhood and community being filled with all sorts of people who are enticing everyone to 'go and serve strange gods'. The gods of Sodom and Gomorrah are strange gods to the Children of Israel. But if I do not 'drive' out such a person, which is sin and still freely forgiven, does NOT mean that I keep my neighborhood safe for others.

And that is why there were so many people who flatly denied the warnings of God in the Old Testament... Because the warnings were to 'keep to the prescriptions of the Law' to keep their neighborhoods safe but because they thought the Prophets' messages were too stern or too outdated, they did not which led many to their downfall by other more ruthless outsiders. God never drove out His people, per se, but His People turned their backs to God which made them susceptible to outside intruders taking over Israel... All because they DID not keep their neighborhood safe by following God's Prescriptions.

Because although I may be 'freely forgiven', it does not mean that I will be freely protected from evils... You can look at it this way... God's Laws would be comparable to the City's Defense Walls. If the Walls were kept up and in Strong condition, there can be no outside intruders. But if God's Laws, or the City's Defense Walls, was without Prescription and was tattered to allow 'any' into the City, the City has now become susceptible from the inside as well as from the outside. God would be the Strong City Wall if all in the City lived with God's City Walls, which is His Law. Forgivness can even be given to intruders after they repent, you know.

So the Law would be the Protection and Welfare for the People who keeps and Obeys the voice which led the Israelites through the desert, and the 'grace' would be for those who have mistakenly forgotten to make right their wrongs.

Exodus 23:20-24

Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. 21Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him. 22But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries. 23For mine Angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites: and I will cut them off. 24Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works: but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images.

This very 'Angel', who does not pardon, could well be the Holy Spirit. For the Name of the Lord is, Holy.

And referring to Revelation 20:1
"And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand."
Galatians chapter 5 verse 6
The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself in love.
Romans chapter 9 verses 30-Romans chapter 10 verse 4
What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; but Israel, who pursued a law of righteousness, has not attained it. Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone. As it is written: See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame. Brothers my heart's desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved. For I can testify about them that they are Zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge. Since they did not know the righteousness that comes from God and sought to establish their own the did not submit to God's righteousness, Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

Upvote 0

delaD3

Oct 24, 2016
pacific
✟15,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Galatians chapter 5 verse 6
The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself in love.
Romans chapter 9 verses 30-Romans chapter 10 verse 4
What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; but Israel, who pursued a law of righteousness, has not attained it. Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone. As it is written: See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame. Brothers my heart's desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved. For I can testify about them that they are Zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge. Since they did not know the righteousness that comes from God and sought to establish their own the did not submit to God's righteousness, Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

May I ask what your idea of living to the Law of God would be?

Many many people make living with the Law sound as if it is a hard burden to bear and so therefore a desired thing to toss away. But what is so hard about following certain rules and prescriptions? Don't people follow rules and regulations within their daily work place and neighborhood? So why would following some basic Godly rules or and prescriptions be seen as so hard and too demanding?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

delaD3

Oct 24, 2016
pacific
✟15,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That more has to do with law, and no one obeys the law or ever has except Christ.
Thank you for responding though.

Part of that is found I think in Matthew chapter 18 verse 20 and that's the reason I choose to go.
But once again thank you everyone, I went to church my third time yesterday I missed one Sunday because I had to help my Mother.

Do you feel a bit disgruntled because the 'mandatory' weekly Church attendance that might be seen as a "Law of God" might be unnecessary?

I do know that getting up early on a Weekend is kind of a 'out of this world' experience.

I would sincerely highly recommend getting 'baptized' in water and in spirit by the Pastor/Preacher at your Church. After your baptism has been done, you and the Lord will begin a brand new 'individual' relationship. And after you have become 'baptized', the Lord will then become 'responsible' for your outcome. Before your baptism, The Lord cannot claim full responsibility. Once you become The Lord's, it is He who is going to be held responsible for the outcome. And hence the glory will belong unto God for your salvation and your combined work. Everything before your baptism is being done 'solely' on your OWN efforts and strength, which you will not be able to sustain on your own. After the Holy Spirit enters into your life after your baptism, The Holy Spirit will see that the good work that was begun shall be completed unto the day of Christ Jesus.

And so as I said, I would highly and sincerely recommend you becoming baptized in water and in spirit by the Pastor or Preacher at your church. Remember that Jesus' ministry only began after His baptism, not before.

And to be totally honest, The Holy Bible does not say that only the pastors or Preachers are the the only ones that can baptize. Any baptized Christian can baptize, but the Church may not accept that as a 'legitimate' baptism. The Apostle Philip who baptized the eunuch was not a 'pastor' or 'preacher'. Philip was one of the many people who gathered at the Jordan River to hear the preaching of John the Baptist before meeting The Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you feel a bit disgruntled because the 'mandatory' weekly Church attendance that might be seen as a "Law of God" might be unnecessary?

I do know that getting up early on a Weekend is kind of a 'out of this world' experience.

I would sincerely highly recommend getting 'baptized' in water and in spirit by the Pastor/Preacher at your Church. After your baptism has been done, you and the Lord will begin a brand new 'individual' relationship. And after you have become 'baptized', the Lord will then become 'responsible' for your outcome. Before your baptism, The Lord cannot claim full responsibility. Once you become The Lord's, it is He who is going to be held responsible for the outcome. And hence the glory will belong unto God for your salvation and your combined work. Everything before your baptism is being done 'solely' on your OWN efforts and strength, which you will not be able to sustain on your own. After the Holy Spirit enters into your life after your baptism, The Holy Spirit will see that the good work that was begun shall be completed unto the day of Christ Jesus.

And so as I said, I would highly and sincerely recommend you becoming baptized in water and in spirit by the Pastor or Preacher at your church. Remember that Jesus' ministry only began after His baptism, not before.

And to be totally honest, The Holy Bible does not say that only the pastors or Preachers are the the only ones that can baptize. Any baptized Christian can baptize, but the Church may not accept that as a 'legitimate' baptism. The Apostle Philip who baptized the eunuch was not a 'pastor' or 'preacher'. Philip was one of the many people who gathered at the Jordan River to hear the preaching of John the Baptist before meeting The Lord.
I was baptized by a thief, but I'm not sure it's needed, here's all I think we need to do.
Matthew chapter 25 verses 31-46
When the Son of Man comes" in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. he will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the King will say to those on his right, Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. then the righteous will answer him, Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and got visit you? The King will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Then he will say to those on his left, Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.They also will answer, Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you? He will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me. Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.

Upvote 0

7trees

Oct 15, 2016
Australia
✟8,084.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I don't consider Mary anything but a lucky women. And I don't consider anyone my father except God.
The word 'lucky' is derived from 'Lucifer'; but Mary had the greatest faith which is why she was chosen to be the mother of Christ. You should remember that if Jesus loves his mother so should we. Or would you be welcome in his home if you did not?

God bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ScottA

Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is there anyone who could give me reasons to go to church, I'm well read in the bible and most Christians don't even read it, no one obeys the law, nor can they, and some people say it's all faith, but do they have any.
What would be my benefit of going to church, the only reason I ask is because, it's written God has arranged all the parts of the church as he wanted them to be, and that none have the same purpose, but I don't see the difference in just talking to people in general, church people are no better and some are worse.
You are right and justified to say that the current practice of church does a poor job of representing the body of Christ. There are many near misses and many aren't even close. However, with faith the size of a mustard seek...their near failures will be greater than those who do not come. I guess that makes it like a dysfunctional family reunion that family is obligated to...such as it is.

I too have read the bible countless times and find most of what comes from the pulpit elementary milk, stale milk, at that. But I do love babies, and with God in the midst - it's all good.

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I don't go to church. I don't even believe in "going to church". I don't believe in earthly rituals and routines as a true worship of God. That's not to say that I think such things are "bad" but that at some point they become, something to be left off in pursuit of a higher truth. I would love to be able to assemble with others that understand as I do, but I find none. I only find "social churches" were people do rituals and routines, listen to a man speak about things usually unrelated to the bible, or, very shallow presentations of the bible. If I went to a church, I'd just end up saying "I disagree with your interpretation of scripture" and no doubt being asked to leave, probably at the end of a torch-wielding mob. It used to be that when someone would ask "Why don't you come to our church?" I'd smile and shrug while I thought to myself "Why? So I could overturn your tables?"

At this point, it seems like it's just me and God, and that's fine by me. I find that my best way to interact with others is online, such as a forum like this. I'd certainly never have discussions about scripture in churches.

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The word 'lucky' is derived from 'Lucifer'; but Mary had the greatest faith which is why she was chosen to be the mother of Christ. You should remember that if Jesus loves his mother so should we. Or would you be welcome in his home if you did not?

God bless
No where in the bible does it say this.
but Mary had the greatest faith

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just saw this site --some good thoughts expressed. The bottom line in my view is always: Bible-only! I refer interested seekers to the very sound site at www.biblecounsel.net to see something of what God intends for His testimony, which is more than having a good and happy time with others of the same beliefs in some convenient place. Let us take "all the counsel of God" and be "rightly dividing the Word of truth" as God enjoins us. Look up always for God cares always!

Upvote 0

7trees

Oct 15, 2016
Australia
✟8,084.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
No where in the bible does it say this.
No where in the bible does it say most things. When Jesus returns and teaches will Protestants demand, "I can't accept that! Show me in the bible where it says that."?

If Jesus reveals things he will not be Sola Scriptura. The same applies to every saint and angel. Sola Scriptura and 'Bible Only' have so often been used as a barrier to God; a substitute for God and as a rejection of genuine revelation given to saints down the ages according to bible promises... They use the bible to reject the fulfilment of bible promises. To even reject the Presence of the Holy Spirit. Those Protestants who are saved and seem godly like you disciple1 need to look around at the dry formalists and uninspired ethicists in their denomination that 'have a form of godliness but deny the power thereof'. All denominations need to do the same.

God bless

Upvote 0