Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
i've noticed a lot of Christians who are so caught up in rules that they forget to be loving to their fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

I've noticed that people are willing to be loving to new believers or sinners, but when it comes to regular believers it is very strict and rules based when it comes to advice etc.

Why is it that the love first shown to other disciples when new quickly fades away as time goes on? When do we go from being forgiving like Jesus to following rules like Pharisees as time goes on? Why can't we maintain that love that The Holy Spirit i believe promotes to others.

You know the kind of love a mother would promote to a child when they mess up, why is that somehow gone.

Are we left to fend for ourselves as believers and pick up the scraps? i understand based on how i've been treated by other Christians why one would leave Christianity, and if I wasn't a disciple of Jesus and friend as well I too would have left, but that thinking is flawed to leave due to the problems of followers rather than the Person being followed Jesus.

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟382,922.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I’ve noticed it too, sir. As a new shiny toy, we are welcomed with all the formalities, guidance & advice. Once that honey moon phase has passed, it feels like we are left to fend for ourselves, spiritually.

Not to say that there aren’t amazing people here. Because there are. Absolutely, without a doubt.

Is just harder to find that honest and loyal Christian community that will stick around and not turn the other cheek when tough moments come around and we are in major need of some emotional/spiritual comfort. Reassurance.

Hope that you at least get some crowd in here that can understand this. We should be here for each other, even after being here for a while. I know that I have hard times in life when I seek and need words of comfort and reminds me to hold tight on my to my faith and hope of course.

Okay well, hope that all my yapping here makes some sense.
Thank you so much for being part of the CF community that cares.

L4H

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I’ve noticed it too, sir. As a new shiny toy, we are welcomed with all the formalities, guidance & advice. Once that honey moon phase has passed, it feels like we are left to fend for ourselves, spiritually.

Not to say that there aren’t amazing people here. Because there are. Absolutely, without a doubt.

Is just harder to find that honest and loyal Christian community that will stick around and not turn the other cheek when tough moments come around and we are in major need of some emotional/spiritual comfort. Reassurance.

Hope that you at least get some crowd in here that can understand this. We should be here for each other, even after being here for a while. I know that I have hard times in life when I seek and need words of comfort and reminds me to hold tight on my to my faith and hope of course.

Okay well, hope that all my yapping here makes some sense.
Thank you so much for being part of the CF community that cares.

L4H
ya there are people that are loving it just feels in general in my life i've met a good amount of christians that have been mean as well and it's sad. Thanks for your response it was very kind

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe those that notice should show this "love". In other words instead of just talking about with one could with out making other feel guilty lead by example. Like Christ said to this preacher that was asking Him why He did not judge like with fire and brimstone (I don't know its what the preacher was say to Christ) about a preacher that I am sure many know. He said Christ told said "oooh but you know all the good he does for me?".

All depends on what we focus on. I can say in truth I do not know what your talking about. See what Christ always sees in you.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe those that notice should show this "love". In other words instead of just talking about with one could with out making other feel guilty lead by example. Like Christ said to this preacher that was asking Him why He did not judge like with fire and brimstone (I don't know its what the preacher was say to Christ) about a preacher that I qam sure many know. He said Christ told said "oooh but you know all the good he does for me?".

All depends on what we focus on. I can say in truth I do not know what your talking about. See what Christ always sees in you.
are you saying that because i've noticed people being mean that I need to be nice? Or that because I've noticed people being mean it's only because I'm somehow "focusing" on being mean. I'm a little confused by your response.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
i've noticed a lot of Christians who are so caught up in rules that they forget to be loving to their fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

I've noticed that people are willing to be loving to new believers or sinners, but when it comes to regular believers it is very strict and rules based when it comes to advice etc.

Why is it that the love first shown to other disciples when new quickly fades away as time goes on? When do we go from being forgiving like Jesus to following rules like Pharisees as time goes on? Why can't we maintain that love that The Holy Spirit i believe promotes to others.

You know the kind of love a mother would promote to a child when they mess up, why is that somehow gone.

Are we left to fend for ourselves as believers and pick up the scraps? i understand based on how i've been treated by other Christians why one would leave Christianity, and if I wasn't a disciple of Jesus and friend as well I too would have left, but that thinking is flawed to leave due to the problems of followers rather than the Person being followed Jesus.
Jesus set a sinless example of how to walk in obedience to God's law, so he was much more zealous for following rules than the Pharisees were, and he never criticized them for being focused on following rules, but he did criticize them for not following rules or for not following them correctly. For example, in Mark 7:6-9, Jesus said that the Pharisees were hypocrites for setting aside the commands of God in order to follow heir own traditions. In Matthew 23:23, Jesus said that tithing is something that they ought to have done while not neglecting weightier matters of the law of justice, mercy, and faith, so he was not opposing them being focused on following rules, but rather he was calling them to have a fuller obedience to the rules that is in accordance with their weightier matters.

In Matthew 24:12-14, Jesus said because of lawlessness to love of many will grow cold, so we should be careful not to see love as being opposed to being focused on following rules, but rather God's law is His instructions for how to love. People can certainly try to follow God's law while missing that its goal is to teach us how to love, however, that problem is not with following rules, but with not following their correctly.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus set a sinless example of how to walk in obedience to God's law, so he was much more zealous for following rules than the Pharisees were, and he never criticized them for being focused on following rules, but he did criticize them for not following rules or for not following them correctly. For example, in Mark 7:6-9, Jesus said that the Pharisees were hypocrites for setting aside the commands of God in order to follow heir own traditions. In Matthew 23:23, Jesus said that tithing is something that they ought to have done while not neglecting weightier matters of the law of justice, mercy, and faith, so he was not opposing them being focused on following rules, but rather he was calling them to have a fuller obedience to the rules that is in accordance with their weightier matters.

In Matthew 24:12-14, Jesus said because of lawlessness to love of many will grow cold, so we should be careful not to see love as being opposed to being focused on following rules, but rather God's law is His instructions for how to love. People can certainly try to follow God's law while missing that its goal is to teach us how to love, however, that problem is not with following rules, but with not following their correctly.
I'm not talking about law, but i've noticed almost every response i've gotten from you is in defense of following the law. I am not here to talk about following the law, but rather the lack of love i've noticed amongst some Christians that's all. No need to tell me about how I need to follow the law, trust me i do my best to follow what example Christ really gave.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

A good question, I recall being left to fend for scraps myself while all hell was opening up to swallow me. This was not a single event, it happened for years. If any kindness comes out of me, it surely comes from God alone.

Upvote 0

Chris35

May 27, 2018
Melbourne
✟56,154.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have experienced it as well, however it is Gods will that we do love eachother and walk in love with eachother.

In my opinion your seeing something that people are lacking, Paul often prayed for the churches that were lacking, therefore i suggest that you pray for them, and your church.

I also suggest that if your church has prayer requests, that you also send them prayer requests every week that the church be united together in love, as a family under Jesus.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not talking about law, but i've noticed almost every response i've gotten from you is in defense of following the law. I am not here to talk about following the law, but rather the lack of love i've noticed amongst some Christians that's all. No need to tell me about how I need to follow the law, trust me i do my best to follow what example Christ really gave.
Well it looks like you just showed what you object to! A lack of love!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Agra man

May 16, 2023
Oklahoma
✟12,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I have seen personally the dark side of this. We as Christians as prophisied have let love wax cold there is a falling away we have forgotten our first love and the sad thing a lot of us don't seem bothered that much by it either we are purposely ignorant of the reality of the state of the church or we are just in plain denial.

I have met people who who have the absolute worst done to them in life and that is saying something since I myself have pretty much opnly known what unfairness and cruelity life loves to just throw at people.

These people they dealt with Christians but yet one of them began pouring tears just for being treated as a human just because I showed genuine love and compassion I emphisied with her after she told me her story I couldn't but hug her and be infuriated at everyone who would dare call themselves Christians and yet this the end result

Anyone can call themselves a follower of Christ anyone can say they are a Christian anyone can show all their scriptural knowledge they have gained over the years but I will believe it when I see it fake Christians those who would have the nerve to take up the title of following Christ yet have no inkling of his love they leave a disgusting taste in my mouth and that is harsh I know but if you saw what I did the end results of us so called Christians....

• Love
Reactions: look4hope
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well, while we can indeed better show love in posts, though it seems to me it's much easier to notice that people are being friendly/loving when you can see their faces or hear their voices. So, to do it in posts takes some extra intention to write words that convey these. Also, when I can see someone face to face, I have a way of trying to respond to them as I can see their state, like whether they are thoughtful or smiling or pensive or sad or interested or warm or uncertain -- all of which we might see in just a glance. But we can indeed try to show love better in posts I think.

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm not judging anyone, that's Jesus jurisdiction. My assessment is. Some who claim to be Christian are play actors. Start with apostates. They broke away from the foundation of christ and formed denominations, documentation, proverbs chapter 5 and Corinthians chapter 3. Apostates are called Zur or strangers. Thier troublemakers. Korah in old testament is example of being troublemaker. Obedience to God is not a democracy. Korah thought he could bargain with God. Aaron two sons died messing with strange fire. Get the picture. Amos 6:12. Its Hemlock. It's dead works. Would any sensible person ride horse on slippery rocks?. That's what traditions of men and false doctrine is to Jesus. Its madness. False doctrine is poison. God expects Israel to produce fruit. But got hemlock instead. Majority of priest's and congregations failed in their capacity to produce fruit for God. Why the lack of love and support. Because they're some of them are following satan. Spring water and polluted water can't mix together. Get the picture. Light and darkness have nothing in common. Sons of God and sons of Belial have no concord. Thier messing with Hemlock. Think it over.

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hmmm.... Well, Jesus did say that we will know them by their fruits. I have experienced the syrupy fake warm love in being welcomed to churches that I was later treated horribly at. I've had some awful experiences in the church. I think it's the basic flaw of human nature that we are witnessing playing out in the church. If you look back over church history, once people get saved and get wealthy and get comfortable with their wealth and Christianity, they no longer have a desire to go out and look for lost sheep and they viciously persecute the ones who go out with the love of Christ to look for the lost. It's a difference between wheat and tares, light and darkness. Jesus did say that many will say to Him "Lord, Lord!" and He will say to them, "Depart from me you workers of iniquity, I never knew you." So that is what we are seeing and experiencing in the church. That is why there is a lack of love. Because people do not truly know Christ, don't take the time to grow with Him. Jesus said that the one that is forgiven much will love much, and the one that is forgiven little will love little. Maybe they are people who have been forgiven little and that is why they love little.

The fake warmth for new disciples is just the icing on the cake that draws people, but the actual cake itself, does it have any substance? Is it good, is it moist? Just an example. Some cakes look so beautiful on the outside and yet inwardly, they are not worth eating. That's like what Jesus was talking about when He called the Pharisees white washed sepulchres. Everything looks so nice on the outside but on the inside it's full of the rotting bones of dead men. Remember that Jesus said the Pharisees compass earth to make a disciple and when they have made the disciple, they make him twice a child of hell than themselves. That is still true today. Many of the baby believers, drawn in by the fake warmth and love, will end up lost, turned off at having a look at the insides of the white washed sepulchres. Those souls then become doubly hard to win, thus becoming twice children of hell. Jesus loves us dearly, we are not left to fend for ourselves. We are left to lean on the one who knows us most deeply and walks most closely with us. It drives us nearer to our Savior as we strain to hear His voice and remain in His presence in this world that is increasingly dark. I too would be turned off to the church and other mean Christians based on my experiences, but Jesus calls ever so lovingly. Through our love we will still teach mean Christians how to love and point them back to Christ. That is also an encouragement to our brethren and the word of God calls us to encourage each other.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GaryAnderson

Aug 6, 2021
Massachusetts
✟22,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This is a great question and one of those mysteries of life on "why are people the way they are".
I guess due to free-will, but some Christians confuse God with religion or some sort of VIP club and they LOVE being Right while condemning others to Hell.
I dunno why some people are like this.

Upvote 0