AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think it goes without saying that there was no way to end LOST that would make everyone happy. That is why, imo, they did not give a difinative answer. They left it to the viewers to interpert it. And this morning, I had a revelatoin and made my peace.

At the beginning of the season, dead Julliette told Miles that it worked and we get the flash sideways where the plane doesn't crash. But we still have the folks left in the flash forward on the island. That has to be resolved somehow, because you just can't have people living two different lives. Then it hit me, :doh: you just can't have people living two different lives. It's really that simple.

All Jack had to do to get on with his flash sideways life was to let go of his flash forward life. So of course in the end, he died.

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Right!

The only thing I want to question though is Juliet's comment about, "It worked." When she was dying in Sawyer's arms, she said, "It worked" and "We should go for coffee sometime. We could go dutch." The "it worked" ended up referring to unplugging/re-plugging the candy machine to get the stuck Apollo bar out, and the subsequent conversation about getting coffee was in the sideways with Sawyer.

So when Miles saw Juliet and she told him, "it worked", I wonder if a) she was referring to the bomb or still the candy bar, or b) if she didn't really tell Miles anything and he was just trying to come up with something to say to comfort Sawyer.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I watched the finale again tonight. They ran it with the enhanced part at the bottom until the last 20-30 minutes or so (right after MIB caught up with Desmond).

It all finally made sense - especially when Christian provides some exposition that I missed last Sunday.

The flash sidways was a season long epilogue/set up for an epilogue, which played out in parallel with the final confrontation between Jack and MIB.

I'm ready to leave now.

Upvote 0