I've got tattoos and gauged ears... Ask me anything.

DavidSkate

Newly Committed Follower of Christ
May 5, 2013
Centerville, Ohio
✟15,161.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am a 25 year old newly committed follower of Jesus Christ. I have 10 tattoos and my ears are gauged to 5/8. I consider myself a good example to young men due to what I have been through and where I want to be not only with my faith, but also with the life path God is pulling me to.

Ask Away!

Reactions: Jess7737

DavidSkate

Newly Committed Follower of Christ
May 5, 2013
Centerville, Ohio
✟15,161.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
korvus said:
I'm thinking about getting a small tattoo on the back of my neck, though it's going to be a while from now to make sure I really want it.

How should I prepare?

From personal experiences, I do have a few tattoos that I feel will not help me with the career path I would like to be on (child mentor). Make sure it is what you want and is something that people around you will not question you as a Christian.

The only way to prepare for a tattoo is to have already had your first tattoo. It's a different kind of pain. Your first one will not feel good but at the same time you will start to think about your second one soon after.

Find a good tattoo artist. A good tattoo is not cheap, and a cheap tattoo is not good. Never let some guy do it out of his house even if its only $20. If it is the one thing outside of God that will be with you for the rest of your life then make sure you put tons of thought into it.

Hope I could help somehow!

Reactions: Jess7737
Upvote 0

ShadowsChild

Victorious NOT Victim
Nov 22, 2010
Alberta, Canada
✟8,916.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OO OO.. someone like me.

Okay, I got a few from ink lover to ink lover.
#1. First Ink and at what age - and do you regret your first one
#2. Fav pair of plugs or tunnels
#3. Greyscale or Colour?

BTW... Welcome to the family, it's a hell of a reunion :D

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2014
Minnesota
✟7,615.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That's awesome! If you could go back would you have not gotten a specific tattoo? I have 4 and I definitely regret one. I LOVE My Tattoos Otherwise But I have One On My Collar Bone From A Decision As A 19 Year old and partying. Now I'm almost 24 and I look back and wanted it for attention and now I feel like I still attract the wrong attention if I don't cover it. It's a pretty tattoo but I don't want to be looked at in a less then respectable way. Do you have one like that?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's awesome! If you could go back would you have not gotten a specific tattoo? I have 4 and I definitely regret one. I LOVE My Tattoos Otherwise But I have One On My Collar Bone From A Decision As A 19 Year old and partying. Now I'm almost 24 and I look back and wanted it for attention and now I feel like I still attract the wrong attention if I don't cover it. It's a pretty tattoo but I don't want to be looked at in a less then respectable way. Do you have one like that?
DavidSkate hasn't been on lately. But it sounds like you only regret one of your tattoos. I guess this is how you learn, by experience.

So as well as getting tattooed did you gauge your ears at all, like DavidSkate did?

Upvote 0