Illinois
✟173,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have no proof, and it seems almost impossible to prove. I've been left alone after they got what they wanted from me.

I have never been the same after that.

I would like to hire a police officer that can be around wherever I go. So this can never happen to me ever again. How much would this cost me?

I will work as hard as I can so I can afford this, I will pray to God to bless me with the opportunity to be able to make this possible. I can't live like this in worry. I am afraid they will come back or this can happen again.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I would like to hire a police officer that can be around wherever I go. So this can never happen to me ever again. How much would this cost me?
I might need more information concerning the nature of the extortion; but it might be more cost effective, and liberating, to move.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blade
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟99,257.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I have no proof, and it seems almost impossible to prove. I've been left alone after they got what they wanted from me.

I will work as hard as I can so I can afford this, I will pray to God to bless me with the opportunity to be able to make this possible. I can't live like this in worry. I am afraid they will come back or this can happen again.

Sorry to hear that. I know the feeling, the sudden lost of a sense of security and normalcy. In my opinion it is that you can't always live in fear and anxiety of the same thing happening again. It does however takes time to regain the same level of control of your life. Give yourself more time to process all the emotions and to heal. Also confide in someone in real life. While Christians here are willing to offer you their ears, having another person face to face makes a world of difference.

Do go to the police to make a statement, don't overthink the complexity of evidence and proof. You have to at least make your local police be aware of your situation. I don't think the police will be for hire and neither should you put extra burden on yourself to afford a body guard.

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Trust in GOD

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

It is embarrassing to realise that someone has made a fool of one.
That said we all have to learn from our mistakes.
As has been said, do go and talk to the police, do go and talk to your bank.
Depending how they got your money you need to protect your bank account and credit rating.

Unfortunately learning to say ' no ' , putting the phone down on unexpected cold callers, ignoring too good to be true offers etc are part of life.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Okay, so I'm a bit unclear as to what extortion is outside of movies but the movie picture in my head is a gang of thugs demanding money to protect your place of business etc - but the protection is from them.

Your profile says your from the states but the only places where extortion might actually be a thing done in real life are very large and corrupt cities (such as Chicago).

Honestly, definitely might be time to make a move to a more hospitable environment. A smaller city might be a better fit for you, and a place where such things don't occur.

While pay scales are much higher (and therefore sounds more attractive) in large cities like New York, LA, and Chicago you have to consider cost of living too. Smaller cities like Kansas City are still "city" (museums, shopping, nightlife, entertainment) but without the general police corruption that may exist in much larger cities - and certainly boasts a far lower cost of living so the pay actually is better in the end, because your more likely to be able to buy a nice home and save for the future.

It honestly sounds like a change would be beneficial for you in many ways. In a town where the police are so corrupt that that kind of behavior goes on reasonably unchecked, I don't think police protection will be any benefit.

In the end, trust God, but a change of your own scenery is a decision based in both faith and reason.

I'd move.

• Useful
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you can afford a criminal law attorney, hire one and he can investigate your claims. Be prepared to pay for a private investigator and have all available paper trail in proper order. Usually, extortion only works if you have something to hide.

Edit: Perhaps a scam or a con was perpetrated against you and not extortion?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

By_the_Book

Life lived by the Bible is life worth living.
Jul 25, 2022
St. Augustine
Visit site
✟30,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

I have never done this, but I do not believe this post.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have never done this, but I do not believe this post.

I believe this member.

They are a well known and trusted member here, posting openly (under their real id) about a problem they are facing.

There's nothing not to believe other than perhaps a misunderstanding of what the word extortion means in their understanding.

Hope this helps you. God bless.

• Useful
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums