It's the End of the World! Have a nice day.

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wow.
And when have you ever seen me do anything like that?
I wasn't kidding when I said I was interested in your perspective.
That came from a feeling of respect I've had for you and a - what now appears to have been mistaken - sense of connection.

I certainly don't feel any connection now, so there's no need to have any more to do with this part of the discussion in this thread.
Hi Brother,
Take heart, that ^ happens alot in CF, & what's this thread called: It's the End of the World! Have a nice day.
Noticed more people getting in each others faces lately, makes you wanna RUN as fast as possible, in opposite direction. -
Honestly,
I do wish you a Wonderful :thumbsup: week. Jesus LOVES you :angel: Always remember :wave:

Upvote 0

martinlb

Dec 9, 2011
United States
✟7,954.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Brother,
Take heart, that ^ happens alot in CF, and what's this thread called: It's the End of the World! Have a nice day.
Noticed more people getting in each others faces lately, makes you wanna RUN as fast as possible, in the opposite direction. - Honestly, I do wish you a Wonderful :thumbsup: week. Jesus LOVES you :angel: Always remember :wave:

Thanks much for your kind reply.

I sure know what you mean by feeling sometimes like running as fast as possible in the opposite direction. I've certainly done that in my life as far as having any desire to connect to a local fellowship, and originally thought I'd start back here.

In the context we find ourselves, I want to say I am NOT focusing on LL, but I've been incredibly disappointed with the lack of connection I see between people here, the majority of whom I would expect to call themselves Christian.

What happens here between believers is, I'm convinced, just a snapshot of what's happening throughout at least the U.S.. Your taking the time to be sensitive and encouraging is certainly part of something still alive within God's people, and I'm deeply encouraged to see love still alive here. Unfortunately, though, what I've mostly seen is what I've come to believe is a reflection of the deteriorating condition of the Church. We, as a people, as the people of God, are failing miserably when we attack and disrespect one another. All our true enemy has to do is sit back and watch in satisfaction as we see each other as enemies and turn on one another.

It's very sad.

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

What do all this have to do with the OP?
Hi there.

Here's an Excerpt-Summary of the OP:
The Christian Church roots for the end of the world.

It’s true, just look at this passage from Revelation 22:20 ...
However, for people who do not proclaim Jesus as Lord, the end of the world is a strangely complicated concept.
The day Air Conditioning Ended the World -
The day the European Union Ended the World
No School Prayer, No Soup for You
It’s the End of the Word, and I Feel Fine
For those who don’t believe in Jesus, it’s time to start building that emergency shelter. After all, franks and beans don’t grow underground.

God bless you,

Pastor Bill
First Baptist Church of Rahway

Evidently, the OP had lots of different things on his mind. :)

As far as you asking, what our brief Christ-like :hug:encounter had to do with that? ^
Here's what:
having posted once in this thread before, it came up on my radar (Subscriptions), so I came to see what was Up?
Noticing how disappointed :( Martin was,
(by how a frequent poster had 'treated' Martin,) I simply reached out in Christian-love... A-okay with you, right brother? :wave:

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

Wow. And when have you ever seen me do anything like that? I wasn't kidding when I said I was interested in your perspective. That came from a feeling of respect I've had for you and a - what now appears to have been mistaken - sense of connection.

I certainly don't feel any connection now, so there's no need to have any more to do with this part of the discussion in this thread.
ok

Upvote 0