Visit site
✟15,879.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think part of it might be confusion because the subhead to the forum is "The forum for fundamentalist & conservative churches of all Christian denominations."

In-fellowship posts are allowed. Making an opinion is allowed. It just can't be contrary to the SOF.

Upvote 0

ptomwebster

Jul 10, 2011
MN
Visit site
✟1,922.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think part of it might be confusion because the subhead to the forum is "The forum for fundamentalist & conservative churches of all Christian denominations."

In-fellowship posts are allowed. Making an opinion is allowed. It just can't be contrary to the SOF.

Your statement doesn't make sense.

Also, most of the topics in this "fundamentalist" forum do not belong on this forum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FundamentalistJohn

Feb 23, 2008
✟8,589.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

That part about "conservative churches of all Christian denominations" was supposed to be removed when the "Conservative Christians" forum was established. As for not teaching against the SOF the original intent was to keep non fundamentalists from debating or teaching on the board. It is poorly worded. I promise you that if I went to OBOB and started teaching directly from their Catechism. My comments would not be allowed. (I know from experience)

Upvote 0

FundamentalistJohn

Feb 23, 2008
✟8,589.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Your statement doesn't make sense.

Also, most of the topics in this "fundamentalist" forum do not belong on this forum.

The Fundamentalists in this forum can discuss almost anything they choose to discuss what particular topics do you believe don't belong here?

Upvote 0

ptomwebster

Jul 10, 2011
MN
Visit site
✟1,922.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry this doesn't make sense. Please point out to me what discussions you feel do not belong here and why you feel they do not belong here.

Thanks
FJ

I am not going to go back and re-read the posts of this forum just to find the ones that would have been better posted somewhere else. They weren't that good the first time.

I think, for example, the many "Bible study" posts would be better on a Bible study forum, they do not really belong on the fundamentalist forum. Then I have a hard time classifying them as Bible studies also.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FundamentalistJohn

Feb 23, 2008
✟8,589.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am not going to go back and re-read the posts of this forum just to find the ones that would have been better posted somewhere else. They weren't that good the first time.

I think, for example, the many "Bible study" posts would be better on a Bible study forum, they do not really belong on the fundamentalist forum. Then I have a hard time classifying them as Bible studies also.

Why wouldn't a Bible Study post be appropriate for the Fundamentalist Forum?

Upvote 0

Zando

I <3 You
Dec 11, 2011
✟7,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Maybe fundamentalists don't believe in the bible's authority? Or maybe they believe common people (who are not divinely ordained) cannot understand the bible and have to have it interpreted and spoon fed so they can comprehend it? Or maaaybe the bible isn't something to question or discern over or talk about at all even if you don't understand something it says?...I might be way off base as I'm not exactly sure what a fundamentalist believes so please please correct me if I'm wrong.

Upvote 0

FundamentalistJohn

Feb 23, 2008
✟8,589.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe fundamentalists don't believe in the bible's authority? Or maybe they believe common people (who are not divinely ordained) cannot understand the bible and have to have it interpreted and spoon fed so they can comprehend it? Or maaaybe the bible isn't something to question or discern over or talk about at all even if you don't understand something it says?...I might be way off base as I'm not exactly sure what a fundamentalist believes so please please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hello Zando; Bible study is or at least should be one of the highest priorities of a Fundamentalist.

From our statement of faith:

Maintains an immovable allegiance to the inerrant, infallible, and verbally Inspired Bible;
Believes whatever the Bible says is so;
Judges all things by the Bible, and is judged only by the Bible, aka - "Sola Scriptura";
Affirms the foundational truths of the historic Christian Faith:

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Fundamentalists don't have official doctrine regarding dress code. Therein lies the rub.

Well, they did when I was involved as such, as a Baptist Fundamentalist. I even had to garden in a skirt!

Some Fundamentalists advocate a more stringent code of ethics that prohibits even modest consumption of alcohol, dancing, mixed bathing, gambling or such secular cultural activities as watching movies or listening to rock 'n roll music. Included in that code is a more conservative dress code that prohibits women from wearing pants and men from having long hair.

Upvote 0

ptomwebster

Jul 10, 2011
MN
Visit site
✟1,922.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

READ THEM and then ask the question John! Maybe I just have a different appreciation for Bible study than you. I know I have a different definition of fundamentalist's and conservative's than this board.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FundamentalistJohn

Feb 23, 2008
✟8,589.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
READ THEM and then ask the question John! Maybe I just have a different appreciation for Bible study than you. I know I have a different definition of fundamentalist's and conservative's than this board.

You are the one who claimed that Bible Studies weren't appropriate for the Fundamentalist Board and I am waiting for you to explain why they are not. That you don't like or agree with the comments of those Fundamentalists who participate isn't the issue.

Upvote 0

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,879.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

I don't even read them. I just browse past.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

And here is your answer:

From our statement of faith:

Maintains an immovable allegiance to the inerrant, infallible, and verbally Inspired Bible;
Believes whatever the Bible says is so;
Judges all things by the Bible, and is judged only by the Bible, aka - "Sola Scriptura";
Affirms the foundational truths of the historic Christian Faith:

Scriptures, which are our authority say:

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." -2 Tim. 2:15 (KJV)

While you may disagree, "Bible Study" is a high priority for Fundamentalists.

Unfortunately, there are those who are not "Fundamentalists" who "don't even read them". (Rules for this area) And just come in spouting off and ruining things.

I''m like John, let me go to the OBOB, or Lutheran, or Eastern Orthodox, or Non-Denominational areas and spout Fundamentalist doctrines and see how fast I get my hand slapped. But yet here, its perfectly acceptable behavior of others.

Oh well, such is the way the world views us Fundamentalists.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,879.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am a fundamental by this forum's statement of faith. If you have a problem with the SoF, then you might want to talk to a mod about revising it.

Bible Study in and of itself is great, I just think (for organization) it would be better to have one thread dedicated to it. Otherwise no one comments and it looks more like spam (edit: especially since the same threads are created in other forums).

FYI: Lutherans are Sola Scriptura. Conservative branches (LCMS, WELS, etc) also believe the Bible to be inerrant, inspired, and infallible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0