United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Cold temperatures froze the lizards, sending them tumbling out of trees

How bonkers was the weather in Florida? It was raining iguanas. The APreports temperatures in parts of South Florida were below 40 degrees Thursday—well cold enough to freeze iguanas, which aren't native to the area.

Cold weather sent frozen iguanas tumbling from trees in Florida

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,907.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Still sucks for the iguanas. But what do you do? Take them inside to thaw out or collect them in a garbage bag because they are a nusince?

The news story said to set them aside where they wont get run over; and when it warms up again they will be OK; I guess they hibernate.

Upvote 0

MyOwnSockPuppet

Regeneration of myself after computer failure
Feb 22, 2013
Oxford, UK
✟180,729.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Still sucks for the iguanas. But what do you do? Take them inside to thaw out or collect them in a garbage bag because they are a nusince?

I'm sure I can find some recipes somewhere, apparently Iguana meat tastes somewhere between chicken and rabbit.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cold temperatures froze the lizards, sending them tumbling out of trees

How bonkers was the weather in Florida? It was raining iguanas. The APreports temperatures in parts of South Florida were below 40 degrees Thursday—well cold enough to freeze iguanas, which aren't native to the area.

Cold weather sent frozen iguanas tumbling from trees in Florida

Wow! I clicked that news story that they had attached, and I guess this isn't the first time something like this has happened.

It's amazing how they have a self protective mechanism like that. Sounds like some Floridians that have been around for a while know this, and newbies - like a friend of mine - may not thus the news story.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums