It Was My Confirmation Yesterday And My Birthday Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glynnw

Mar 8, 2004
New Orleans, La.
✟1,299.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My confirmation yesterday was one to remember. The Church had a Mass at 10:30 AM for all that had been confirmed in the past year and will be confirmed today. The service was held at Saint Louis Cathedral in New Orleans and if you have ever seen pictures of New Orleans this is the beautiful church built in 1752 right on the Mississippi river and on every post card group coming out of this city. After the Mass there was a reception in the coutyard where I had my picture taken with the Archbishop and talked to him about how Saint Therese had been a driving force in my converting from Baptist to Catholic.
After the reception we went and had a great lunch and found a well needed restroom since Saint Louis Cathedral does not have restrooms I'm assuming because it was built in the 1700 and I guess people back then did not go to the restroom. I'm going into this becasue we left home at 9:30 AM and did not get home until 5:00 PM and the only place outside was if you purchased a drink or meal. Enough about that.
The confirmation was really really nice. I would estimate that there was over 300 being confirmed and with all of the family and sponsors there had to be 1200 to 1500 standing room only but it was such a well orginized service with the Archbishop and two Bishops doing the actual Confirming. With the music and thinking how many people had been Confirmed where I was standing since 1752, and how long I had worked, and how Saint Therese had given me a sign of a rose, I WAS MOVED and did feel receiving the Holy Spirit and the Holy Ghost. I AM SO PROUD TO BE A CAHTOLIC. Each of you on OBOB and CF also had a part in my conversion, especially Kim, and I thank each and everyone of you.
And Yes it is my Birthday today. I almost had my Confirmation on my Birthday.

In Christ, Mary, and all of the Saints, Especially Saint Therese, GlynnW
A PROUND CATHOLIC and I'm on day 75 in a row of attending Mass. Try It.

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.