Gboko
✟48,224.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“Look to Me, and be saved, All you ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other."(Isaiah 45:22 NKJV).
The spiritual reawakening of the land will cause a total turn around in all aspects of our lives.
When God comes to revive His people, what does He normally do?
1. Create a deep hunger for Him in them
2. Bring them to a place of helplessness, just as we are facing during this Covid19 period.
Why is it that we don't see God in our challenges? By this, I mean God allowing it to happen to us so that we can draw near to Him?
Our culture, the society and unfortunately the church have been teaching us over the time that we should look for something or someone to accuse for our predicaments. The book of Judges in the Bible has a lot of incidences that confirm the direct opposite of what we practice today. When the people go into sin, God allowed the enemies to afflict them. When they were in good relationship with God, even a high-ranking prophet like Balaam could not curse them.
God could be saying to us even during this pandemic:
“Turn to me now and be saved, people all over the world! I am the only God there is." (Isaiah 45:22 GNB)
The Good News version is very apt! God is saying to people all over the world to turn to Him. Why? He is demanding we do this because He is the only God there is. In recent time, people had made god out of science. The fact that science could not immediately, as expected by many, provide solution to the current pandemic, is a pointer to the fact that science is not omniscience. The secret things belong to God. It is what He reveals that belong to us as mortals. He reveals them so that we will be moved to obey Him. (Deuteronomy 29:29). But unfortunately what God revealed to mankind has been used as the basis to disregard and disobey Him.

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everyday is a time to turn to God. Who is on the Lord's side. We can only pray that the church will throw off the blanket of sleep and rise to the Glory of God and fulfill the Great Commission in our time. The church has for the most part slumbered long especially in America. The wealth the blessings have caused many to be weak in the faith and frankly walking without knowing. Arise church and be drawn to the Savior who will then send us all into the world.

Upvote 0
Jul 8, 2020
Gboko
✟48,224.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everyday is a time to turn to God. Who is on the Lord's side. We can only pray that the church will throw off the blanket of sleep and rise to the Glory of God and fulfill the Great Commission in our time. The church has for the most part slumbered long especially in America. The wealth the blessings have caused many to be weak in the faith and frankly walking without knowing. Arise church and be drawn to the Savior who will then send us all into the world.
I agree with you, the church is slumbering. It's just that it is different for different places. For Nigeria, in Africa, it's the same issue of pursuing prosperity with a mix of ascribing almost everything to demons.

Upvote 0