US
✟1,096,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
First, let's look at the word which is commonly translated as finished.

τετελεσται
τετελεκα

Strong's 5055:

1. to bring to a close, to finish, to end
    1. passed, finished
  2. to perform, execute, complete, fulfil, (so that the thing done corresponds to what has been said, the order, command etc.)
    1. with special reference to the subject matter, to carry out the contents of a command
    2. with reference also to the form, to do just as commanded, and generally involving the notion of time, to perform the last act which completes a process, to accomplish, fulfil
  3. to pay
    1. of tribute
Now let's look at the application of the word finished.

(CLV) Jn 19:30
When, then, Jesus took the vinegar, He said, "It is accomplished!" (τετελεσται Strong's 5055) And reclining His head, He gives up the spirit.

This is what Yahshua said right before he finished his time in this world. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is the same word that Paul used, shortly before he finished his time in this world.

(CLV) 2Ti 4:7
I have contended the ideal contest. I have finished (τετελεκα Strong's 5055) my career. I have kept the faith.

It seems that this was a common expression, in that day, used by those who knew that their time was short.

Some will say that Yahshua was declaring our obligation to be obedient to the YHWH's perfect Torah was finished; even though YHWH himself used the words repeatedly, concerning the Torah, "eternal, perpetual, and for all generations." Yahshua said nothing of the sort. In fact he said the opposite.

(CLV) Lk 16:17
Yet it is easier for heaven and earth to pass by than for one serif of the law to fall.

Paul did however use the same word in reference to the law (Torah).

(CLV) Ro 2:27
And the Uncircumcision who, by nature, are discharging (τελουσα G5055) the law's (Torah's) demands, shall be judging you, who through letter and circumcision, are a transgressor of law (Torah).

He said this too in the same letter:

(CLV) Ro 3:31
Are we, then, nullifying law (Torah) through faith? May it not be coming to that! Nay, we are sustaining law (Torah).

Then he went on to say:

(CLV) Ro 8:4
that the just requirement of the law (Torah) may be fulfilled in us, who are not walking in accord with flesh, but in accord with spirit.

If all was finished at the pale; then our faith is in vain.

(CLV) 1Co 15:17
Now, if Christ has not been roused, vain is your faith—you are still in your sins (transgression of the Torah, 1 John 3:4)!

Finally, this is what Yahshua said shortly before he ascended, long after he was risen.

(CLV) Lk 24:44
Now He said to them, "These are My words, which I speak to you, still being with you, for all must be fulfilled that is written in the law (Torah) of Moses and the prophets and psalms concerning Me."

Clearly the the teaching that the Torah ended at the pale is not founded in scripture.

Shabbat Shalom!

(CLV) Ex 31:16
Hence the sons of Israel will keep the sabbath so as to make the sabbath an eonian covenant throughout their generations.

Yahshua was commissioned for none but Israel.

(CLV) Mt 15:24
Now He, answering, said, "I was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

YHWH's renewed covenant is with Israel.

(CLV) Hb 8:10
"For this is the covenant which I shall be covenanting with the house of Israel after those days," the Lord is saying: "Imparting My laws (Torah) to their comprehension, On their hearts, also, shall I be inscribing them, And I shall be to them for a God, And they shall be to Me for a people.