Isn't this so scary?

Just wondering, why do you, other others, think that you will know the end times by a microchip implant?

I presume it is some cryptic revelation verse, but hopefully you know that revelation is highly symbolic, as it is written in apocalyptic style using Hebrew numerology to encode information.

For example, the number of the beast is actually refering to Emperor Nero from the first century.

If you take that chapter literally, you will get all sorts of wierd ideas. I have even seen it used to paint the Church as the "harlot of Babylon"

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟250,264.00
Faith
Atheist
By this post you have revealed yourself as a Servant of the Great harlot and a Follower of the Beast.

s0uljah is in fact the Anti-Christ!

;)

Fact is, a good conspiracy theory is not disprovable. Every opposition that exists against it is only proof of the power of the conspiracy.

Upvote 0

wildernesse

Use less and live more.
Jun 17, 2002
Georgia
Visit site
✟16,673.00
I don't think that this is a good idea, just because the moment people think that they can just go to a "perfect" reference library of sorts and find their criminal, then it's more likely that other relevant information will be swept under the rug if it conflicts with the DNA evidence. This wouldn't be a problem if humans never made mistakes and could reference and store everything perfectly--but let's not hold our breath on that one, ok?

Also, why would a microchip implanted in us need to have our DNA on it? Our DNA is in every cell of our bodies--why go through the trouble of putting it on a chip and then putting that chip on us? A little redundant, if you ask me. Go watch Gattaca.

--tibac

Upvote 0

coastie

Hallelujah Adonai Yeshua!
Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
But serious now: why do you think this is scary? Because it could be abused by an Orwellian kind of government, or because Satan is behind it?

1984? That hadn't even occured to me, I think that those two are pretty close to equally scary.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟250,264.00
Faith
Atheist
Originally posted by coastie
1984? That hadn't even occured to me, I think that those two are pretty close to equally scary.

That hadn´t even occured to you???

What else would be scary about an identity microchip?

The mark of the beast could be anything else - there is no need for it to be of microelectronic origin.

Or is there some wierd prophecy in Relevations that I have missed?

Upvote 0
Freodin,
I think its just people trying to decide what the "mark of the beast" could possibly be, and lighting on anything and everything that might possibly be put on the forehead or wrist and arbitrarily deciding that that *must* be the Mark. Hence the stuff about barcodes, microchips, and I've even seen stuff about tattoos being the "mark".

Load of nonsense if you ask me.

-Divinus

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

drom

Sep 7, 2002
Visit site
✟199.00
Originally posted by Freodin
By this post you have revealed yourself as a Servant of the Great harlot and a Follower of the Beast.

s0uljah is in fact the Anti-Christ!

;)

Fact is, a good conspiracy theory is not disprovable. Every opposition that exists against it is only proof of the power of the conspiracy.

lol this is one of the funniest posts i have ever seen on any forum.

have fun keep saying people are anti-Christ, so bad the anti-Christ isn't real. :) i don't believe in god so i guess to you i am anti-Christ also.

Upvote 0

paulewog

Father of Insanity; Child of Music.
Mar 23, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟33,938.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The end of time I think occurs when the heaven and earth are made anew.

Because then we'll be in what most theologians call the "eternal state."

And, if you're in eternity, where in the world does Time fit in. :)

Upvote 0

Annabel Lee

Beware the Thought Police
Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by drom

lol this is one of the funniest posts i have ever seen on any forum.

have fun keep saying people are anti-Christ, so bad the anti-Christ isn't real. :) i don't believe in god so i guess to you i am anti-Christ also.
We don't think you are the Anti-Christ, Drom. You are, in fact, one of Lucifer's Evil Devil Imps!!
(I hope you know that Freodin was joking)

Upvote 0

paulewog

Father of Insanity; Child of Music.
Mar 23, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟33,938.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
By the way, we don't know what the mark of the beast will be.

What is scary is if you were able to be tracked to your exact location no matter where you are. THAT would be scary. That sort of power should not be given to the government :p

[edit] oh, the Mark very well could be an implanted chip, though.... it would make sense :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

drom

Sep 7, 2002
Visit site
✟199.00
Originally posted by paulewog
By the way, we don't know what the mark of the beast will be.

What is scary is if you were able to be tracked to your exact location no matter where you are. THAT would be scary. That sort of power should not be given to the government :p

[edit] oh, the Mark very well could be an implanted chip, though.... it would make sense :)

why not, if your on a computer the goverment can track you down anyway your ipaddress is always visible and it wouldn't make any difference if they could track you down, if you havn't done anything wrong it wouldn't matter.

Upvote 0

tyler4588

Apr 6, 2002
California
✟15,319.00
Faith
Christian
I highly doubt that the apocolypse will have anything to do with anything that we think it will do. We may all think it will happen with this whole technology age and everything, but in my opinion, it probably won't. It will happen the way we least expect it...You know what I mean?

Upvote 0