blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Hi and welcome to Christian Forums.

There are plenty of kind souls here who you can hang out with and find fellowship.

As a side note, when I have visited Baptist churches in the past, I was always asked to stand up during the service when they asked who was a visitor today!

I remember being asked to fill out a visitor card and more than one person came over to ask me if I had accepted Jesus Christ as my lord and savior.

People at every Baptist church I ever visited always made me feel warm and welcomed, and checked up on me. Saving souls was serious business and I will never forget that love and hospitality.

Especially in the South where I have lived, smack dab in the bible belt.

Try calling them and asking to speak with the pastor.

Be proactive and take action to help yourself in real life as well as here on this website.

I felt the opposite. Having difficulties does not mean you are not saved. I found it sad and insulting for them to assume that because I was sad, lost without my husband, and sort of treading water in this world meant that I didn't have a relationship with God. The only reason I was still standing after my hubby died IS because of that relationship with God.

Maybe it will be different for our new friend...especially if he has been out of touch with God during this time. I also found it difficult that so many people at church expected me to "help myself" when I was drowning in grief. There really is no verse that say that God helps those who help themselves. He promises to be there when we cry out in desperation. That I did find to be true though.

• Optimistic
Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0