Dec 29, 2004
✟173,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Depends on your definitions too. I don't think disliking Israel makes one an anti-semite. Not all Jews are Israelis. Similarly hating Islamists doesn't mean you hate all Muslims.

^This. People should be allowed to disagree with the actions of the Israeli government without having the anti-semitic card lobbed at them. People should be able to disagree with the actions of Islamic terrorists without hating all Muslims. Also, in both cases, people should be able to say why they disagree with both religions. One can disagree and not hate.

Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,157.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Why is it that Islamophobia is for the most part tolerated on theres forums and more broadly in American society while in contrast most all of us agree that Anti-Semitism is unacceptable?

Where is Islamophobia for the most part tolerated on these forums?

Any percieved "attack" on Islam is shot down in flames within seconds on these forums, from Christians and non-christians, infact I only notice certain posters on here with a strong "Anti-muslim" string of postings, for the rest, they seem largely against Islamophobia (sometimes to the point you cant even critisize worrying trends in the Muslim world without being labelled)

Seems to me, we're getting opposite ideas of this forum.

Upvote 0

Chris81

Servant to Christ
Jun 2, 2010
Iowa
✟11,860.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I agree, voicing opposition to actions of the Israeli government and speaking out against the violence of Islamic Terrorism and Islamist is reasonable. I however see posts express a general suspicion and anger of all muslims not just those that are linked to those that commit acts of violence. It is this greater fear of all muslims in general that I am speaking of in particular.

Upvote 0

Chris81

Servant to Christ
Jun 2, 2010
Iowa
✟11,860.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Where is Islamophobia for the most part tolerated on these forums?

Any percieved "attack" on Islam is shot down in flames within seconds on these forums, from Christians and non-christians, infact I only notice certain posters on here with a strong "Anti-muslim" string of postings, for the rest, they seem largely against Islamophobia (sometimes to the point you cant even critisize worrying trends in the Muslim world without being labelled)

Seems to me, we're getting opposite ideas of this forum.

Many posts that attack muslims in general are aggressively shot down in these threads; however, they conversely are also very prevalent and receive a lot of support.

Upvote 0

Illuminaughty

Drift and Doubt
May 18, 2012
✟20,609.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
When people start advocating bizarre conspiracy theories about Jews or Muslims taking the US over that's a good indicator that a person is either Islamophobic or Antisemitic. Some of the modern Islamophobes sound like they have literally taken a page from Der Sturmer and replaced the word "Jew" with "Muslim" to update it.

They are claiming ownership of us by putting the Kosher symbol on our food! They are trying to turn the US into a shariah based Caliphate. The Jews own our politicians. The Muslims control our president! < nonsense like that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Creech

Senior Veteran
Apr 7, 2012
New York
✟15,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Antisemitism is often associated with an ethnic hatred while Islamophobia is connected just to the religion. I don't like using these words because they are all just used to name call.

Judaism as a religion should be equally criticized and scrutinized by Christians just as Islam is, but also respected.

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I didn't realize the Muslim TM rioted over that. You do know there are over a billion Muslims in the world? It would be a rather large riot.

*shrug*

Then let them speak out.

Muslims are defacing shrines in Mali. I repeat. Why would anyone be afraid of them?

Upvote 0

Chris81

Servant to Christ
Jun 2, 2010
Iowa
✟11,860.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
*shrug*

Then let them speak out.

Muslims are defacing shrines in Mali. I repeat. Why would anyone be afraid of them?

We really shouldn't. I remember attending classes in college with many students who were from muslim countries. Some of them were attending class on a student visa, others were living here as immigrants fleeing oppression and death at the hands of the Saddam's regime. While many on Christian Forums like to degrade muslims as bunch of evil people intent on evil, most muslims are seeking the opportunities for freedom and prosperity like most over people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Antisemitism exists and has the Protocols of Zion, the Horsemen television series in Egypt, the pogroms and the Holocaust, and conspiracy theories about evil Jewish bankers manipulating economies to set up a one world government as proof.

Islamophobia is a made up word. Most Americans were if anything totally indifferent to Muslims as a whole until they watched all the videos of women ulelating and men passing candies out to children in response to three thousand Americans being burnt to death.

If many Christians are not too fond of the Islamic religion, that hardly means they are afraid of it. Many Christians are not too fond of many other religions too, including other Christian religions and sects and cults.

There is no holocaust of Muslims on behalf of I so called Islamophobes. Attempts to free portions of the Muslim word, for Bosnia to Iraq and Afghanistan. from dictators may well have been misguided, but they hardly rank as anything akin to the pogroms and the holocausts of the antisemites.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If many Christians are not too fond of the Islamic religion, that hardly means they are afraid of it. Many Christians are not too fond of many other religions too, including other Christian religions and sects and cults.

I haven't heard any talk show hosts drumming up fear about Hindus infiltrating our government, nor have I seen any legislation introduced to prevent laws from being influenced by Christian Scientist beliefs. I haven't seen any protests or large-scale organized attempts to stop the construction of any Kingdom Halls lately.

Yet American Muslims have been the targets of all of these in recent years, typically at the hands of conservative Christians. It is not mild distaste that's being expressed; it is irrational fear.

-Dan.

Upvote 0

Illuminaughty

Drift and Doubt
May 18, 2012
✟20,609.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I see no reason why either Islam or Judaism should be sacrosanct, and no, I don't think Christianity should be above criticism either.

I agree but that isn't the problem. A person can critique certain doctrines of a religion without fear mongering, urging war or violence, inventing conspiracy theories about them, or trying to turn public opinion against the adherents of the religion as people. You know the "president is a secret Muslim who wants to force Christians to obey Shariah law" or "they are going to take over the US" and things like that.

Upvote 0