Oct 9, 2016
Indonesia
✟24,028.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
UAS Allegedly Insulted The Cross, This Ulama Tried For Defamation of Religion

Because of the video lecture about the cross, Ustaz Abdul Somad (UAS) was reported by the police. In the viral video, UAS was answering questions from the congregation about the cross, which was submitted through a piece of white paper.

"What is the reason for Ustaz, if I look at the cross, my heart trembles," the contents of the question read by the UAS. "Satan. Because there is a pagan genie on the cross," he answered.

Responding to the news that he was reported by the police, the UAS had clarified that at that time he did not intend to break up harmony because his lecture was delivered among internal Muslims.

"I am being reported to the East Nusa Tenggara Regional Police, because it is considered blasphemy. First, I answer the question instead of deliberately making mistakes to damage relations. Secondly, it is recitation in a closed mosque, not in a stadium, not on a soccer field, "Not on TV, but for internal Muslims to explain questions about the statue and about the position of the Prophet Isa Alaihis greetings," said UAS.

The UAS also said that the recitation was more than three years ago. He wondered why the issue now was reported to the police. "Why is it being neutralized now, why is it being prosecuted now, I leave it to Allah," continued the UAS.

Source: __hxxps://www.viva.co.id/digital/digilife/1175714-uas-diduga-hina-salib-ulama-ini-diadili-karena-penistaan-agama

Pelihat

Oct 9, 2016
Indonesia
✟24,028.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Viral Lecture of UAS Cross, Pastor Gilbert: Looks like Ustaz Has Offside
Rendy Adrikni Sadikin | Husna Rahmayunita Sunday, 18 August 2019 | 11:13 WIB

Suara.com - Father Gilbert Lumoindong responded to the viral video of Ustaz Abdul Somad's (UAS) lecture about the symbol of the cross that has stirred up cyberspace recently.

Through his personal Instagram network, Father Gilbert Lumoindong uploaded a photo of a UAS lecturing and showing the symbol of the cross with his hands.

He regretted the contents of the UAS lecture delivered through the narration entitled 'An Open Response to the Ustaz Abdul Somad ".

Father Gilbert Lumoindong questioned the contents of the lecture delivered in the video which caused controversy on social media.

"Is that necessary? Is the lecture only insulting other religions? Is Ustaz's heart so full of hatred towards us ??" asked @ pastastilbert, Saturday (17/08/2019).

The question was then given an invitation to uphold tolerance in the midst of differences in the country.

"Come as religious leaders, let alone academics, let Ustadz sow the spirit of 'Bhineka Tunggal Ika' in religious differences, but fellow children of the nation," he said.

Father Gilbert also considered the UAS had exceeded the limits by insinuating the symbol of his religion. He then explained the meaning of the cross in the teachings of Christianity.

"Dear UAS, I think you have been 'offside', start discussing on the cross there is a devil, 'infidel jinn'. Actually what is said 'pagan jinn' in Christianity is the HOLY SPIRIT, which will surely make a tremble, those whose lives controlled by darkness, "bright @pastorgilbert.

Nevertheless, he prayed for the UAS to be given goodness in the moment of Indonesian independence which was full of meaning of unity.

"Our prayers accompany Ustadz so that Uztadz's heart is filled with love and the spirit of unity and special unity in this independence month in the preaching of religious teachings which is essentially always love & love. Greetings peace in Indonesia is full of love," he said.

To note, in a viral video the UAS delivered a lecture on the law of seeing the cross. The recording instantly shocked the virtual world because it displayed statements that were considered insulting to Christians and Catholics.

Source: __hxxps: //www.suara.com/news/2019/08/18/111319/viral- lecture-salib-uas-pastor-gilbert-sertinya-ustaz-udah-offside

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
UAS Allegedly Insulted The Cross, This Ulama Tried For Defamation of Religion

Because of the video lecture about the cross, Ustaz Abdul Somad (UAS) was reported by the police. In the viral video, UAS was answering questions from the congregation about the cross, which was submitted through a piece of white paper.

"What is the reason for Ustaz, if I look at the cross, my heart trembles," the contents of the question read by the UAS. "Satan. Because there is a pagan genie on the cross," he answered.

Responding to the news that he was reported by the police, the UAS had clarified that at that time he did not intend to break up harmony because his lecture was delivered among internal Muslims.

"I am being reported to the East Nusa Tenggara Regional Police, because it is considered blasphemy. First, I answer the question instead of deliberately making mistakes to damage relations. Secondly, it is recitation in a closed mosque, not in a stadium, not on a soccer field, "Not on TV, but for internal Muslims to explain questions about the statue and about the position of the Prophet Isa Alaihis greetings," said UAS.

The UAS also said that the recitation was more than three years ago. He wondered why the issue now was reported to the police. "Why is it being neutralized now, why is it being prosecuted now, I leave it to Allah," continued the UAS.

Source: __hxxps://www.viva.co.id/digital/digilife/1175714-uas-diduga-hina-salib-ulama-ini-diadili-karena-penistaan-agama
Indonesia is a worry. There has been a reasonable amount of tolerance by the Muslim community, apart from Aceh province, which has been persecuting Christians for a long time. Aceh has approval to practice Sharia law. Christians are second class citizens (at best) under Sharia. Saudi Arabia has been funding Mosques and preaching the Wahhabi version of Islam. As a result there is a lot more conservative Muslim activism. A Christian politician was imprisoned for a trivial reference to the Koran. He was potentially the next Prime Minister of Indonesia as he was very popular and effective in another leadership role. The government dreads the rise of conservatism but it is difficult to stop. The Indonesian constitution forbids any religion to dominate. Australia watches with great interest. Who needs 300 million militant Muslims on your doorstep? What could possibly go wrong? Especially if they ally themselves to China. To any Australians reading this post, it's time to fast and pray so that our relative freedoms are maintained.

Upvote 0