"islam Is A Peacefull Religion..."

thegospel4all

Aug 10, 2012
✟15,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I work in a high school and the prinicipal was just called on the carpet about quoting the exact wording from a news report, ref the recent and continuing embassy attacks, that said Islamic extremists / Islamic terrorists had attacked...

A particular teacher, who said she is Muslim, said she understood what he meant when he said it, and was not offended.

She said almost all Muslims are peaceful and that Islam is a peaceful religion.

I engaged her in conversation and said that I spent over 20 years in the military and I'm now almost 10 as a police officer and in my travels in the middle-east I found the vast majority of Muslim people were peaceful but the problem is when they refuse to rise up and stop those who are not or even speak against them.

I know there is fear and intimidation that goes on and our metal would be tested to do the same against militant "christians" if the shoe was on the other foot and our families and friends were at risk because of our stand.

I told her that and that I had studied the Qur'an and the "Five Pillars of Islam" because of my military work in that part of the world.

I told her that I have studied The Bible for 30 years and know what I believe and that my God's law is to love Him with all my heart, soul, mind and strength and to love others as myself.

But the Qur'an has passages that say, "...if they will not convert, kill them..." and the warring, violent verses reference jihad, holy war.

She said she doesn't speak Arabic and can't be certain of all that is or is not in the Qur'an.

YET SHE CLAIMS TO BE A DEVOUT MUSLIM BUT HAS NO IDEA WHAT IS IN THE BOOK THAT DICTATES THE PRECEPTS OF HER LIFE.

If she is to prove and refute those in Islam, who act violently, how can she when she has no idea what the Qur'an actually says?

loveabounds

Daughter of God
Mar 19, 2012
Western PA
✟15,765.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I work in a high school and the prinicipal was just called on the carpet about quoting the exact wording from a news report, ref the recent and continuing embassy attacks, that said Islamic extremists / Islamic terrorists had attacked...

A particular teacher, who said she is Muslim, said she understood what he meant when he said it, and was not offended.

She said almost all Muslims are peaceful and that Islam is a peaceful religion.

I engaged her in conversation and said that I spent over 20 years in the military and I'm now almost 10 as a police officer and in my travels in the middle-east I found the vast majority of Muslim people were peaceful but the problem is when they refuse to rise up and stop those who are not or even speak against them.

I know there is fear and intimidation that goes on and our metal would be tested to do the same against militant "christians" if the shoe was on the other foot and our families and friends were at risk because of our stand.

I told her that and that I had studied the Qur'an and the "Five Pillars of Islam" because of my military work in that part of the world.

I told her that I have studied The Bible for 30 years and know what I believe and that my God's law is to love Him with all my heart, soul, mind and strength and to love others as myself.

But the Qur'an has passages that say, "...if they will not convert, kill them..." and the warring, violent verses reference jihad, holy war.

She said she doesn't speak Arabic and can't be certain of all that is or is not in the Qur'an.

YET SHE CLAIMS TO BE A DEVOUT MUSLIM BUT HAS NO IDEA WHAT IS IN THE BOOK THAT DICTATES THE PRECEPTS OF HER LIFE.

If she is to prove and refute those in Islam, who act violently, how can she when she has no idea what the Qur'an actually says?

There is grave danger in not knowing what you follow. We need to keep her, and others in our prayers.

Many Muslims claim that Islam is a peaceful religion. I have spoken to some regarding their beliefs. They always claim that we misinterpret their laws, yet offer no different interpretation.

During one converation I had with two of them, I asked them what they thought of Jesus. They both said that he was a great prophet and that Islam holds Jesus in high esteem. I then asked them if they believed he was our savior, which they quickly stated no! When asked if they believed Jesus was telling the truth when he said "I and my Father are one", they immediately said NO! So I asked them, if Jesus was then lying...at which point they said he most certainly was. My last question for them was....how could a religion who thinks they are superior, thinks they are following God, hold a LIAR in such high esteem, believing a liar was a great prophet?

No answer.

Those who are peaceful Muslims have no idea why they believe, what they believe. The extremists know the true Muslim religion as they continue to carry it out.

Reactions: Minty
Upvote 0

ThePottersVessel

Sep 5, 2012
Florida
✟15,302.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It is interesting to me that Christians do the same thing to Muslims as Atheists do to Christians: we pretend to know more about their religion than they do - and all because we've read a snippet here or there of their scriptures.

Seeing how rich our own Scriptures are and understanding that correct interpretation takes hard work and study, how can we be so quick to condemn the Muslim's claim to peace

Haven't we all seen verses like this from Atheists who question our faith?:

Deuteronomy 13:6-11: 6 “If your brother, the son of your mother, your son or your daughter, the wife of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own soul, secretly entices you, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods,’ which you have not known, neither you nor your fathers, 7 of the gods of the people which are all around you, near to you or far off from you, from one end of the earth to the other end of the earth, 8 you shall not consent to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him or conceal him; 9 but you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. 10 And you shall stone him with stones until he dies, because he sought to entice you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. 11 So all Israel shall hear and fear, and not again do such wickedness as this among you.

We understand verse like these have a place and purpose and need special attention in regard to their proper interpretation yet we are so quick to jump on similar verses in the Islamic text and proclaim our condemnation!

Please don't mistake me friends. I believe that the Muslim faith is false religion and God abhors it. But we do ourselves and our fellow man (to whom we are supposed to be busy about presenting the Gospel) a disservice by playing these petty blame games. In my opinion, we disadvantage ourselves and our position to present the Gospel to these people by engaging in these activities.

What was Saul of Tarsus if not a terrorist bent on the eradication of the Christian faith!?!?!

Romans 8:37-39: 37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Islam is a peaceful religion.

Sure it is.

In light of recent attacks on American Embassies in the Middle East because of a certain video, I wonder what Muslims would think if Christians would rise up every time a missionary was killed while spreading the gospel?

Hum...:scratch:

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

loveabounds

Daughter of God
Mar 19, 2012
Western PA
✟15,765.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
"Please don't mistake me friends. I believe that the Muslim faith is false religion and God abhors it. But we do ourselves and our fellow man (to whom we are supposed to be busy about presenting the Gospel) a disservice by playing these petty blame games. In my opinion, we disadvantage ourselves and our position to present the Gospel to these people by engaging in these activities."

ThePottersVessel,

I've had some study in Islam and apologetics. Am I an expert, no...but I know enough, have spoken enough to Muslims who can not explain the meaning of their texts. The example of the approach I used when speaking to the above mentioned Muslims, is one that was taught by one of the authors of the book we studied,Ergun Caner. He and his brother Emir are two brothers who left Islam and converted to Christianity. Their story is amazing. Their knowledge of Islamic texts is vast. When they interpret Islamic texts, when they state that Islam is not a peaceful religion, I believe they are speaking truth due to their expertise on this subject. I don't believe it's a petty game to present the truth about a false religion and I don't believe it is a petty game to speak another truth, that is Muslims who believe their religion is one of peace, does not know their own religion according to the opinion of experts. The disadvantage belongs to those who can not defend the interpretation of their own texts, which is done for one of two reasons: either they don't understand it, or they do, and know that it is not a religion of peace. I think it's a responsible question to ask how one can practice a religion and not understand what its beliefs are.

One of the Muslims I spoke to from my example, admitted that their text is constantly being changed, while the Bible never does, which is causing him to think about the reason why theirs does, if it is from God. It's a small baby step, but that one step could lead him to more and save him from death. He may deny his true religions beliefs to me but he can not deny logical questions to himself.

Be in peace.

Upvote 0

ThePottersVessel

Sep 5, 2012
Florida
✟15,302.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don't believe it's a petty game to present the truth about a false religion and I don't believe it is a petty game to speak another truth, that is Muslims who believe their religion is one of peace, does not know their own religion according to the opinion of experts. The disadvantage belongs to those who can not defend the interpretation of their own texts, which is done for one of two reasons: either they don't understand it, or they do, and know that it is not a religion of peace. I think it's a responsible question to ask how one can practice a religion and not understand what its beliefs are.

One of the Muslims I spoke to from my example, admitted that their text is constantly being changed, while the Bible never does, which is causing him to think about the reason why theirs does, if it is from God. It's a small baby step, but that one step could lead him to more and save him from death. He may deny his true religions beliefs to me but he can not deny logical questions to himself.

Be in peace.

I can appreciate what you have said here. You make good points. But I still can't help feeling that now-a-days Christians look to confirm their own bias when it comes to Islam. I think this is due in large part to 9/11.

If the experts say that Islam is not a religion of peace then I would ask: who are the experts? Who will we allow to be a spokesman for the Islamic faith? At times I think we are more ready to accept the militants version of Islam because it confirms our bias that Islam is NOT peaceful.

I would again draw a parallel between this and what the atheists love to do to Christians. You can see many videos and read many books of an atheist interacting with a "less than informed" Christian and the atheist feels justified in forming conclusions about the Christian faith from that interaction. The atheist allows that "less than informed" Christian to the ultimate spokesman of our faith because it confirms their bias that Christians are stupid, simple minded, crazy, and irrational.

Upvote 0

loveabounds

Daughter of God
Mar 19, 2012
Western PA
✟15,765.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I can appreciate what you have said here. You make good points. But I still can't help feeling that now-a-days Christians look to confirm their own bias when it comes to Islam. I think this is due in large part to 9/11.

If the experts say that Islam is not a religion of peace then I would ask: who are the experts? Who will we allow to be a spokesman for the Islamic faith? At times I think we are more ready to accept the militants version of Islam because it confirms our bias that Islam is NOT peaceful.

I would again draw a parallel between this and what the atheists love to do to Christians. You can see many videos and read many books of an atheist interacting with a "less than informed" Christian and the atheist feels justified in forming conclusions about the Christian faith from that interaction. The atheist allows that "less than informed" Christian to the ultimate spokesman of our faith because it confirms their bias that Christians are stupid, simple minded, crazy, and irrational.

I can only speak on my experiences and tell you that the experts are Muslims who have converted to Christianity. If you have time you can search the Caner brothers and do some reading on them. It would be well worth your time!

You've used the word "militant" version of Islam. Is it "militant" or "extreme" if they are truly following the commands of their faith? Wouldn't they be considered "faithful" or "obedient"?

I understand your parallel and I agree, you make a valid point, however that is not true with every situation and I believe it's probably best to first question those who are making statements such as the OP made, as well as my own. That way instead of blanketing everyone as being biased or uniformed, we can make more accurate discernments after discovering why they make the statements they do, either from biases or knowledge.

Have a blessed day!

Upvote 0
Feb 3, 2011
✟8,272.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
While they do recognize that Jesus was a great prophet, they also will place Him lower than their prophet Muhammad, as their five pillars show.

They firmly state that "God has no Son", as their prophet Muhammad taught. Which makes God the Father, and Jesus Christ the Son, and His apostles, liars, and the witness of the Holy Spirit as well, according to the teachings of Islam. They deny His death on the cross for the atonement and propitiation for sin, and also His resurrection from the dead. They deny that He is the Saviour. They deny His Deity as God. As creator.

They have Jesus also coming along with the 'Imam' they are looking for, but not as Lord of lords and King of kings. In fact according to their beliefs, Jesus will serve alongside this Imam, more as a helper.

They reject all the truths about Jesus Christ, which makes it an anti-christ religion. Of course, it is not, but even if it was 'peaceful', what more do we need to know about it? It is anti-christ.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is interesting to me that Christians do the same thing to Muslims as Atheists do to Christians: we pretend to know more about their religion than they do - and all because we've read a snippet here or there of their scriptures.

I do appreciate your position and I agree that many stand against the faith of islam merely because they've been brought up with that attitude without any real understanding of their teachings. However, I think the OP makes a fairly convincing argument that he probably isn't one of those who have only read a 'snippet here or there of their scriptures'.

It is agreed that islam contains some teachings of loving one another, but it seems to be directed more towards those who are also followers of islam and not those who are labeled the 'infidels'.

However, I will readily admit that I don't have the deep understanding of those writings that you seem to be seeking of those who would denounce islam. I just know that there is no other name under the earth, on the earth, or in the heavens above in which we may find God's salvation than in the name of His one and only Son, Jesus, and in that, I know that those who practice islam, and myself, are not in agreement.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SoulBap6

Sep 12, 2011
✟8,358.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
"islam Is A Peacefull Religion..." If you are Muslim yes

Atheist, Muslim don't understand Christianity period one believes in a god and the other believes in no god. The truth is that God almighty is the Judge, the truth is that in are world today we have over 600 religions and counting. and many have no idea what religion is or what they believe. So which God or no God confusing, it is said in the Christian Judo Bible that we have an adversary his name is the Satan or devil the author of confusion and the father of death who seeks to destroy, mankind through hatred and war the creator of mankind has been at war with this Devil and one day his betrayal with be over and truth will one day come to light of all wrongs that have been done. This is a belief Christians have their are many people who do not understand just what I have said, it seems a fairy tale or some kind of story. The point I am trying to show is the world is at odds with one another Since the world began, it is said one day this world will change an so will many things.

Upvote 0

thegospel4all

Aug 10, 2012
✟15,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Haven't we all seen verses like this from Atheists who question our faith?:

Deuteronomy 13:6-11: 6

What was Saul of Tarsus if not a terrorist bent on the eradication of the Christian faith!?!?!

Romans 8:37-39: 37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I see and have seen your point. Yes, Paul was zealous, even to the point of murder, until Christ showed Himself to Paul. Jesus first showed Paul the truth of His Lordship, drew him to His love and forgiveness and Paul's soul was saved. Paul then lived his life for Christ, instead of taking life wrongly.

Paul couldn't see it until his eyes were opened by The Spirit of The Living God.

It was the same for all of us and is the same for those immersed in Islam. Until God's Spirit opens our eyes to the truth we are groping at straws in the darkness. We put oursleves or something else on the throne of our lives and hearts and worship it, follow its will and path.

Upvote 0

retlaw

Dec 2, 2010
✟8,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Quran in Sura 9:29 essentially states that they should fight those who do not believe in Allah or who do things that are considered unlawful by Allah and his messenger. They are required to force them to give the "jizyah".

The Jizyah is basically total subjugation to Islamic law, this includes financial and submission to their laws.

In Sura 5:33 it states the punishment for those who wage war against Allah and his messenger to be death by any means, Crucifixion or if they are feeling nice that day they can just cut off their hands and feet from opposite sides. they do have the option of exiling them from the land. Not sure how they are supposed to determine that choice.

So there may be many Muslims who are Muslim by birth and culture who live peaceably, but unless someone re-writes the Quran there will always be a more devout branch who will follow the book precisely.

It's pretty much like our 10 commandments, they tell me NOT to do things that I really want to do, but as a Christian I just have to obey or not be a Christian. Some Muslims feel the same way about the Quran and thus they are required to eliminate Christians, it's not really an option for them not to.

There won't be peace between the two groups until Christ comes and settles it for all time.

Upvote 0

Jahleel

Sep 19, 2012
UK
✟283.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There is grave danger in not knowing what you follow. We need to keep her, and others in our prayers.

Many Muslims claim that Islam is a peaceful religion. I have spoken to some regarding their beliefs. They always claim that we misinterpret their laws, yet offer no different interpretation.

During one converation I had with two of them, I asked them what they thought of Jesus. They both said that he was a great prophet and that Islam holds Jesus in high esteem. I then asked them if they believed he was our savior, which they quickly stated no! When asked if they believed Jesus was telling the truth when he said "I and my Father are one", they immediately said NO! So I asked them, if Jesus was then lying...at which point they said he most certainly was. My last question for them was....how could a religion who thinks they are superior, thinks they are following God, hold a LIAR in such high esteem, believing a liar was a great prophet?

No answer.

Those who are peaceful Muslims have no idea why they believe, what they believe. The extremists know the true Muslim religion as they continue to carry it out.

So why did the 9/11 terrorists attack the twin towers? when it says in the quran, if your enemies attack you you can attack them back but if they stop you stop?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SoulBap6

Sep 12, 2011
✟8,358.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have been cautious about believiing propaganda about peaceful people since the Soviet Union called itself "peace loving."

Propaganda is very good selection of a word, to conceal the purpose, we see TV and boy what propaganda they can put out on a Daily Basis. It destorts the truth that lays inside of the Bible, Islam how ever paints a picture if you are an infidel or a non believer you are lower than a Dog in the Street. The out come is you are either killed, or banished from the people.

Upvote 0

Jahleel

Sep 19, 2012
UK
✟283.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I have been cautious about believiing propaganda about peaceful people since the Soviet Union called itself "peace loving."

Propaganda is very good selection of a word, to conceal the purpose, we see TV and boy what propaganda they can put out on a Daily Basis. It destorts the truth that lays inside of the Bible, Islam how ever paints a picture if you are an infidel or a non believer you are lower than a Dog in the Street. The out come is you are either killed, or banished from the people.
I see that with some Christians to be fair infact i see it in all different people.

Upvote 0