Visit site
✟84,025.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, if you believe their worldview. No, if you believe in Paul's worldview. The same can be said about karate.

Make sure you hold on to 1 Corinthians 8:
4 Therefore, as to the eating of food offered to idols, we know that “an idol has no real existence,” and that “there is no God but one.” 5For although there may be so-called gods in heaven or on earth—as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”— 6yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

If your spiritual conscience is weak or insecure, I advise against practicing Yoga. Try some neutral fitness exercises instead. Personally, I have tried Yoga, tai chi, karate, etc. but I don't practice any of them. I practice Psalm 1:
2 But his delight is in the Law of the LORD, and on His law he meditates day and night.

Should Christians bow down before other gods?

No, Exodus 23:
24 Do not bow down before their gods or worship them or follow their practices. You must demolish them and break their sacred stones to pieces.

Still, there was an exception according to Elisha in 2 Kings 5:
17 Then Naaman said, “If not, please let there be given to your servant two mule loads of earth, for from now on your servant will not offer burnt offering or sacrifice to any god but the LORD. 18In this matter may the LORD pardon your servant: when my master goes into the house of Rimmon to worship there, leaning on my arm, and I bow myself in the house of Rimmon, when I bow myself in the house of Rimmon, the LORD pardon your servant in this matter.” 19He said to him, “Go in peace.”

Your conscience plays a role in these issues. If it bothers your conscience, then it is a sin to you.

Last edited:

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The same can be said about karate.
In the army they teach that you can defend yourself. Or if you want you can really mess someone up. There is a difference between offense and defense. As Christians we are to love our enemy and do good to others. My son studied a type of defense where you just help people to turn their aggression against themselves. He showed me a training film where the grand master was 80 years old and was able to defend himself as five of his students attacked him.

• Useful
Reactions: tonychanyt