Contributor
May 24, 2004
Wisconsin
✟18,422.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Shalom,

I ask this question this way so that the discussion does not go into the circular reasoning of trinitarians who say that they are not being understood. I personally do not see the Messiah who is Yeshua as also being G-d who sent his Messiah, which to me does not make any sense. How does one say that the one who sent is the one sent him.

G-d Bless,

Dan

D.W.

Contributor
May 24, 2004
Wisconsin
✟18,422.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
CaliforniaKid said:
They are two different persons who comprise one God. Thus Jesus is not the one who sent him, but he is God.

Peace,
-CK
Shalom CaliforniaKid,

How can you say he is not the one who sent him and yet you say he is G-d. Now scripture states that G-d sent his Messiah, so what you are saying makes no sense.

G-d Bless,
Dan

Upvote 0

CrownCaster

FlyFishers Of Men
Aug 18, 2004
✟1,995.00
Faith
Christian
In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.. John

And His Name shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, THE MIGHTY GOD, THE EVERLASTING FATHER, The Prince of Peace..... Isaiah
-------------------------------------------------
Those are a nice start. Don't make the mistake of thinking that everything should make sense to you. You are finite and God is infinite. If you were capable of understanding all that makes up such an amazing God, He would not be all that amazing. The Trinity is a concept that is difficult to get your arms around but rest assured that He will reveal it to us one day when we are capable of comprehending fully. Until then, we must take His Word and understand that it says that Jesus was both seperate and one with God. He is part of a Triune God and is much too glorious to put in a box of simple human comprehension. We have all that the Lord said we needed for understanding and salvation in His Word.

Upvote 0

Gwynne

Dancin', dancin', dancin'!!!!!
Mar 17, 2004
Michigan
✟8,569.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
CaliforniaKid said:
They are two different persons who comprise one God. Thus Jesus is not the one who sent him, but he is God.

Peace,
-CK

Three. There are three different persons comprising the one God. Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

And yes, Yeshua is God.

Upvote 0

D.W.

Contributor
May 24, 2004
Wisconsin
✟18,422.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Catholic Evangelist said:

You sound like a Messianic Jew, why havent you heard of the Trinity before?
Shalom Catholic Evangelist,

Yes I have very much heard of trinity and I am trying to get a straight answer without the circular reasoning that trinitarians use. Not back to the original question; Do you believe that Yeshua is G-d or Not? If you believe that way, why do you believe that he is G-d?

G-d Bless,
Dan

Upvote 0

D.W.

Contributor
May 24, 2004
Wisconsin
✟18,422.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Gwynne said:
Three. There are three different persons comprising the one God. Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

And yes, Yeshua is God.
Shalom Gwynne,

If you believe that, can you show me a scripture that says he is G-d and not the one sent from G-d.

G-d Bless,
Dan

Upvote 0

calgal

Mar 25, 2003
Western MI
Visit site
✟17,475.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
D.W. said:

Yes I have very much heard of trinity and I am trying to get a straight answer without the circular reasoning that trinitarians use. Not back to the original question; Do you believe that Yeshua is G-d or Not? If you believe that way, why do you believe that he is G-d?

G-d Bless,
Dan
GOD in three persons! Blessed Trinity. Dan, have you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior?

Upvote 0

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
D.W. said:

G-d Bless,
Dan

Hi there!

:wave:

There are certain attributes that reflect deity, or being a god. What separates the One, True God from any others are the natural attributes of omnipresence, omniscience, omnipotence, eternal and immutability. A Gpd who knows all, is all, at all times and unchanging.

Jesus Christ (the Eternal Living Word) has those same attributes, and the attributes were not a modification of the natural attributes of God, but the same type of attribute.

In the Old Testament Scriptures, the Father creates... the Eternal Word (Jesus Christ) creates... and Job records that he was created by the Holy Spirit.

~serapha~

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

D.W.

Contributor
May 24, 2004
Wisconsin
✟18,422.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
calgal said:
GOD in three persons! Blessed Trinity. Dan, have you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior?
Shalom calgal,

Yes, I have accepted Yeshua as the Messiah, and my savior sent from G-d who prays to the same G-d I do.

Do you accept him to be your high preist sent from G-d to be the mediator between G-d and man?

G-d Bless,
Dan

Upvote 0

D.W.

Contributor
May 24, 2004
Wisconsin
✟18,422.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Catholic Evangelist said:
The words GOD is in three letters...
G
O
D

Seperate but one.

Yes G-d has three letters, Messiah has seven letters, Yeshua has seven letters, so that makes him and the Messiah match. Holy Spirit has ten letters in two words, and it is that, that makes them all one.

G-d Bless,
Dan

Upvote 0

calgal

Mar 25, 2003
Western MI
Visit site
✟17,475.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
D.W. said:
Shalom calgal,

Yes, I have accepted Yeshua as the Messiah, and my savior sent from G-d who prays to the same G-d I do.

Do you accept him to be your high preist sent from G-d to be the mediator between G-d and man?

G-d Bless,
Dan
Dan:

Is Jesus Christ the King of Kings, Lord of Lords and fulfillment of Old Testament Prophecy to you? Or do you view Him simply as a High Priest?

Upvote 0

D.W.

Contributor
May 24, 2004
Wisconsin
✟18,422.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
calgal said:
Dan:

Is Jesus Christ the King of Kings, Lord of Lords and fulfillment of Old Testament Prophecy to you? Or do you view Him simply as a High Priest?
Shalom calgal,

Messiah in Hebrew and Christ in Greek both mean anointed, and scripture teaches that he is our high preist anointed by G-d to be that person.

G-d Bless,
Dan

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
D.W. said:

Yes G-d has three letters, Messiah has seven letters, Yeshua has seven letters, so that makes him and the Messiah match. Holy Spirit has ten letters in two words, and it is that, that makes them all one.

G-d Bless,
Dan

FB: D.W. It is interesting to see what you believe and how you answer the trinitarians. Can I ask a question? Why do you believe that G-d has already sent the Messiah? Do you believe that the Messiah was Jesus Christ? You may have already answere this, but please share with me why you believe this?

Upvote 0

D.W.

Contributor
May 24, 2004
Wisconsin
✟18,422.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
fatboys said:
FB: D.W. It is interesting to see what you believe and how you answer the trinitarians. Can I ask a question? Why do you believe that G-d has already sent the Messiah? Do you believe that the Messiah was Jesus Christ? You may have already answere this, but please share with me why you believe this?
Shalom fatboys,

I believe that Yeshua fits the prophesys concerning the Messiah, but I do not see him as yet fullfilling all things that make him the Messiah. Now for more confusion, I believe that he will fullfill all things, proving that he is that Messiah sent from G-d. After all, he has already abolished the Law of death.

G-d Bless,
Dan

Upvote 0

D.W.

Contributor
May 24, 2004
Wisconsin
✟18,422.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
CrownCaster said:
In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.. John

And His Name shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, THE MIGHTY GOD, THE EVERLASTING FATHER, The Prince of Peace..... Isaiah
-------------------------------------------------
Those are a nice start. Don't make the mistake of thinking that everything should make sense to you. You are finite and God is infinite. If you were capable of understanding all that makes up such an amazing God, He would not be all that amazing. The Trinity is a concept that is difficult to get your arms around but rest assured that He will reveal it to us one day when we are capable of comprehending fully. Until then, we must take His Word and understand that it says that Jesus was both seperate and one with God. He is part of a Triune God and is much too glorious to put in a box of simple human comprehension. We have all that the Lord said we needed for understanding and salvation in His Word.
Shalom CrownCaster,

I have already given an answer on John 1, as for Isaiah, have you ever seen it as it is writen in Hebrew Bibles.
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government is upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called "Wonderful counsellor of the mighty God, of the everlasting Father, of the Prince of peace".

I do take his word that he is "both seperate and one with God" just as Yeshua wants us to also be one with G-d through the Holy Spirit, not G-d himself but always seeking the truth of his G-d and our G-d.

G-d Bless,
Dan

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.